said Monday he is getting closer to

in Quasselecke 04.11.2018 12:36
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

Great Britains Jason Kenny, Phil Hindes and Callum Skinner have won the gold medal in the mens team sprint at the Rio Olympics.Britains three-man, three-lap team sprint squad have a habit of peaking every four years and did so again as Kenny claimed his fourth Olympic gold.Britain have not won a world title in the discipline since 2005, but have now won gold at the 2008, 2012 and now 2016 Olympics.The British trio clocked 42.440 seconds, an Olympic record, to claim gold, just five months after finishing sixth in the world at the Track World Championships in London.Kenny said: It was all a bit of a surprise really. Weve been going quite well in training so we had a rough idea of what we could do but we surpassed that in that first ride when we set that Olympic record.At that point I thought we could run away with it like London but then New Zealand came back at us and set the benchmark. We just went into the final with nothing to lose.The team event is always the best no doubt about it. You get to win it with your mates and I remember that with Chris and Jamie in Beijing and then again in London. Its good to share it with your mates -- it can get a bit lonely winning on your own.We made it a priority to make sure Callum was on the back of us so we could protect him as much as possible. We knew he had it in him so Im not surprised that hes stepped up to be the best in the world. It all came together and were really chuffed. Today was pretty special and it was a good first day in the velodrome for all of us.Hindes added: It felt like a home Olympics with all the GB flags here and a bit like London. As a team weve come together in the last three months and have been working so hard since the World Championships. We were just desperate to win the gold medal. Weve missed out on so many World Championships so to win the Olympics again is just amazing.New Zealands Ethan Mitchell, Sam Webster and Ed Dawkins, the world champions, had to settle for silver in 42.542 seconds, just 0.102 behind.Bronze went to France in 43.143 seconds.The performance of the team sprint squad was something of a surprise.They came from nowhere to triumph four years ago in London, as Sir Chris Hoy claimed the fifth of his six Olympic golds, and repeated the trick in Rio after finishing a lowly sixth at Marchs Track World Championships in the English capital.Hindes, Kenny -- champions with Hoy four years ago -- and Skinner set an Olympic record in qualifying, but the standard was overtaken by New Zealand, who finished their first round in 42.535 seconds.However, the British trio won the duel for gold. Hindes was narrowly behind after his lap, but Kenny pushed the team in front and Skinner held on.It was the days only medal event, but there was further good news for Britain.Sir Bradley Wiggins, Ed Clancy, Steven Burke and Owain Doull qualified fastest in the four-man, four-kilometres team pursuit. They finished in 3:51.943. The world record, set in winning gold at London 2012, is 3:51.659.The first round and final take place on Fridays second day of action, where Wiggins is sure to be the focus.He had a dispute with commissaires on Thursday ahead of the qualification ride, when officials summoned him to measure his height.In the corresponding womens event, which resumes and concludes on Saturday, Laura Trott, Joanna Rowsell Shand, Elinor Barker and Katie Archibald advanced in a world record time, clocking 4:13.260. Gabe Carimi College Jersey . Irving scored 23 points, Tristan Thompson had 20 points and 10 rebounds and the Cavaliers beat the Denver Nuggets 117-109 on Friday night. Montee Ball College Jersey . Reigning world champion Eve Muirhead of Scotland opened with a 12-2 rout of Winnipegs Jennifer Jones in a battle of teams bound for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi. http://www.cheapwisconsinjerseys.com/ . Three came down to the fourth quarter while quarterbacks continued to shine in all four games; so important to the overall quality of the game. Wisconsin Jerseys From China . PETERSBURG, Fla. Wholesale Wisconsin Jerseys . After a first half in which he thought "the lid was on the basket," the Toronto Raptors coach watched his squad mount a second half surge to defeat the Cleveland Cavaliers 98-91. NEW YORK -- Dallas Mavericks star Dirk Nowitzki said Monday he is getting closer to returning from sore right Achilles.Nowitzki missed his fourth straight game in the Mavericks 93-77 loss to the New York Knicks. He had a lengthy pregame workout, but by then it was already decided that he wouldnt play.The biggest issue is still running, Nowitzki said after the game. Im not a big runner at this stage in my career but I cant really go up and down yet. I havent run in full practice. So its not quite there yet but the good thing is its getting better. I dont have the soreness I had last week obviously. Ill be doing more and more.Nowitzki sat out the second half of Dallas loss in Portland on Nov. 4 and hasnt played since. Though the Mavericks are 2-7, they dont want the 38-year-old forward back until hes ready.I think hes really closse.dddddddddddd Hes feeling a lot better and we just dont want to rush anything, owner Mark Cuban said. Theres no reason to rush anything with him.The Mavericks also are playing without injured guards Deron Williams and Devin Harris, and on Monday shot under 39 percent against a Knicks team that had been struggling defensively. Nowitzki, the No. 6 scorer in NBA history, knows the offense will return once he does.We cant score enough. Obviously thats the one thing I can sort of do, Nowitzki said. I might not be any good at any other thing anymore but I can still score a little bit and help the team score, just helping offensively as much as I can. So its tough. It is tough to sit over there and watch. Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Baseball Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys China Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap Custom Jerseys China Cheap Basketball Jerseys Authentic NFL Jerseys China Cheap College Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor