Texans were hoping for when they picked him first overall.

in Quasselecke 22.09.2018 08:19
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.650 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Jason Collins dealt with the ticket requests, handled the media responsibilities, then moved on to what he most wants to do in the NBA. Chase Edmonds Jersey . "Win basketball games," Collins said. He will get at least a few more chances. Collins played the final minutes of a winning home debut with the Brooklyn Nets, who cooled off the Chicago Bulls with a 96-80 victory Monday night. Finally playing at Barclays Center more than a week after returning to the NBA as the leagues first openly gay player, Collins checked in to a standing ovation from a sellout crowd of 17,732 that included former commissioner David Stern with 2:41 remaining. He committed a foul five seconds later, missed his only shot, grabbed a rebound and had one of the Nets NBA season high-tying 19 steals in their third straight victory. "It was cool. It was a lot of fun to go into the game," Collins said. "The most important thing was that we got the win. Chicagos been playing really well as of late and for us to come out and really be -- I think we played more physical than they did tonight." His first home game wont be his last, because the Nets plan to sign Collins to a second 10-day contract, a person with knowledge of the situation said. Collins signed his original deal on Feb. 23 and it expires Tuesday. The Nets then will re-sign him for another 10 days on Wednesday, the person told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the plans havent been made public. After that expires, the Nets would have to sign him for the rest of the season if they wanted to keep him. Collins sat at the end of the bench for most of the game while the Nets built a series of comfortable leads, making the only intrigue down the stretch whether the 12-year veteran would get in during his first home appearance for the Nets since Jan. 29, 2008, against Milwaukee in East Rutherford, N.J. A chant of "Jason Collins! Jason Collins!" broke out while Deron Williams was shooting a free throw with the Nets leading 90-73 with 3:27 remaining. Fans finally got their wish less than a minute later -- though not because coach Jason Kidd was listening to them. "No, the game was out of hand, so I wanted to get those guys some rest," Kidd said. "D-Will was shooting free throws. Couldnt put Twin in at that time, so I told him after the free throws that he would come in." Collins said before the game that he wasnt aware of any second contract, leaving those details up to his agent. Kidd said those discussions were between management and Collins agent, but said his former teammate has been "great, on and off the court." "Twin is a good friend of mine and hes a basketball player, but hes a great person and so thats why we wanted him on this team and we felt he could help us win," Kidd said, referring to Collins by the nickname he had during his original stint with the Nets from 2001-08. The Nets still practice in New Jersey even after moving to Brooklyn before last season, so thats where Collins was Sunday after the Nets got back from their road trip that ended Saturday night in Milwaukee. He spent part of the day shopping at Costco, wisely stocking up since hell be sticking around. "Its kind of funny. Yesterday on my day off Im driving around Jersey on Route 17 and bringing back a lot of memories from when I was here before," Collins said. Hes much more famous now after revealing he was gay in a Sports Illustrated article last April. He had been out of the NBA from then until signing with the Nets. Collins said he had plenty of ticket requests from family and friends for Mondays game, and also saw a number of familiar faces from the old days. The pregame news conference and the overall media attention are new, and Collins believes it wont last, but understands that for now his sexuality makes him a big story. "Over time it will go down, but as far as doing interviews and talking about it, Im getting comfortable with the microphone or the camera on me," he said. Hes more comfortable on the court, even in the limited minutes he gets. Finally finished with his lengthy list of pregame obligations, he was looking forward to helping the Nets in whatever way he could. "Now that thats all settled, Ill go out there and just try to focus as much as I can on the game," Collins said. Benson Mayowa Jersey . Interestingly, the culprits were not rookies, but well paid, experienced pros. The first gaffe came in the 24th minute of arguably the biggest early season MLS game in history between Seattle and Toronto. Sounder newcomer Marco Pappa, (with over 100 MLS games, and 39 Guatemalan Caps to his name) attempted a back pass to one of his central defenders. Josh Rosen Jersey .C. -- Al Jefferson knows few people will be giving the Charlotte Bobcats a chance to upset the Miami Heat in the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs. http://www.nflcardinalsrookiestore.com/Customized/ .Y. - Lou Williams scored 21 points and the Toronto Raptors beat New York 81-76 on Monday night in the Knicks preseason home opener.ALAMEDA, Calif. -- Derek Carr has been groomed to be a starting quarterback in the NFL ever since he was an 11-year-old breaking down film with big brother David. It may come as a bit of a surprise that he will reach that goal in the first game of his rookie season. Carr used an impressive preseason to put himself on the fast track to becoming an NFL starter, beating out Matt Schaub for the No. 1 quarterback role on the Oakland Raiders heading into the season opener Sunday against the New York Jets. But having watched his brother go from No. 1 overall pick and rookie starter to being run out of Houston, Derek Carr knows well to heed the advice from offensive co-ordinator Greg Olson that getting the opening day start is just the beginning. "As Coach Olie says, Dont let this moment be your best moment as an NFL moment," Carr said. "Just being told youre a starting quarterback and then everything else is downhill after that. We want to make more great moments but it was definitely a great thing. It definitely was." Carr joins his older brother, David, as rookies to start in the season opener. According to STATS, they are the only brothers to do that since at least 1950. David won his debut for the expansion Houston Texans against Dallas in 2002 but never developed into the quarterback the Texans were hoping for when they picked him first overall. Derek Carr, a second-round pick out of Fresno State in May, looks to have more success as he becomes the 18th starting quarterback for the Raiders since the start of the 2003 season. Carr played well in the preseason, completing 66.7 per cent of his passes with four touchdowns, one interception and a 108.2 passer rating. He showed the strong arm needed to stretch the field, completing 11 of 18 passes more than 10 yards downfield for 234 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions. He sealed the starting job when he threw three TD passes in the exhibition finale against Seattle last week. "I really wasnt thinking about being the starter, being the backup," Carr said. "I was really focused on learning the offence the best that I could so that way, when I got out on the field, whenever that ttime was, I could help this team win. Arizona Cardinals Jerseys. . Because thats all I care about, the Raiders winning." In an odd bit of coincidence, it was Schaub who replaced David Carr as starter in Houston in 2007, ending a disappointing tenure with the Texans that began when David Carr was picked first overall in 2002 to be the cornerstone of the expansion franchise. David Carr had a rough going in the NFL as he was hampered by an expansion team that struggled to protect him. Carr was sacked 249 times in five seasons, including an NFL-record 76 as a rookie in 2002. David Carr has been a mentor for his younger brother throughout his career, teaching him how to be an NFL quarterback both on and off the field. David also could give some advice for how to deal with Rex Ryans defence, having played against Ryans teams several times as a pro. "Hes got a great blitz package," Derek Carr said. "He has obviously a lot of different looks that hell show. Me being a rookie hell probably want to show them all." Carr also credits Schaub for helping his development the past few months. He said Schaub congratulated him after hearing the news and has been a helpful sounding board during preparation for the opener. But this wasnt how Schaub envisioned his career in Oakland starting. He had been immediately anointed the starter after arriving in March and still had that role just a week ago. But Carr eventually forced the hands of the coaching staff to make the change. Schaub said he was surprised by the move but would do his best to be a good teammate. "Im definitely disappointed but it wouldnt do me or the team any good if I just stood here and felt sorry for myself," he said. "I only know how to handle things one way. Thats to move forward and stay productive and get myself ready each day so Im prepared if called upon." NOTES: Khalif Barnes will start ahead of Menelik Watson at RT with rookie Gabe Jackson taking Barnes spot at LG. ... CB Taiwan Jones (knee) was back at practice and should be ready to play Sunday. ... MLB Nick Roach (concussion) and CB Chimdi Chekwa (knee) remain sidelined. Cheap Denver Nuggets Jerseys Cheap Minnesota Timberwolves Jerseys Cheap Oklahoma City Thunder Jerseys Cheap Portland Trail Blazers Jerseys Cheap Utah Jazz Jerseys Cheap Los Angeles Clippers Jerseys Cheap Los Angeles Lakers Jerseys Cheap Phoenix Suns Jerseys Cheap Sacramento Kings Jerseys Cheap Dallas Mavericks Jerseys Cheap Houston Rockets Jerseys Cheap Memphis Grizzlies Jerseys Cheap New Orleans Pelicans Jerseys Cheap San Antonio Spurs Jerseys Cheap Golden State Warriors Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor