ack wants to cancel a Saturday card, he sa

in Quasselecke 04.09.2018 12:38
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

CINCINNATI -- Tight end Tyler Eifert hasnt been cleared for practice heading into the Cincinnati Bengals opener on Sunday at the New York Jets, the first of several games hes expected to miss as he recovers from ankle surgery.Eifert and defensive tackle Brandon Thompson, who is still recovering from a knee injury last season, were the only players working out on a side field during practice on Monday. Eifert had surgery to repair a torn ligament in his left ankle, an injury suffered at the Pro Bowl.Eifert set a club record for a tight end with 13 touchdown catches last season. The Bengals dont have another tight end that can catch the ball as dependably.The rest of the team suited up for practice on Monday. Coach Marvin Lewis said a couple of them might not be ready to play on Sunday. Cornerback Darqueze Dennard and tight end Tyler Kroft were among those who missed significant practice time during camp.Well push them through practice this week and see how they are, Lewis said. Maybe they wont quite be ready this week, but they should be ready for the (following) week.Right tackle Cedric Ogbuehi missed three preseason games with a toe injury. He said Monday that he could have played in more of the preseason, but the team held him out as a precaution. He expects to start against the Jets, replacing Andre Smith.Its real exciting, Ogbuehi said of his starting debut. Its New York, its a big deal, so Im ready for it.The Bengals are trying to get third-string quarterback Jeff Driskel up to speed as well.They waived Keith Wenning and claimed Driskel off waivers from San Francisco on Saturday. Driskel learned about the Bengals move from the internet, got a call from the team, and then headed to Cincinnati, arriving late Sunday night.There was no nameplate above his locker on Monday.Its crazy, Driskel said of the last 48 hours. Just in the past day, I was on the West Coast and now Im out here and getting ready to learn a playbook and see what the Jets are doing defensively. So theres definitely a lot on my plate this week.He had little contact with the Bengals during the scouting combine and didnt know that they had any interest in him.I think things have happened so fast and its a matter of worrying about the here and now and handling what I can do, which is get to work on that playbook and figuring out what Im doing, he said.Lewis said the team wont necessarily keep three quarterbacks on the roster for long. In the meantime, they get to see what Driskel can do.We thought he was a young, talented player who has a chance to continue to move upward, Lewis said. He can mature and grow and have an opportunity possibly to become an NFL quarterback. It gives us an opportunity to take a look at him.For now, hes the backup to Andy Dalton and AJ McCarron.Driskel played four seasons at Florida, starting 21 games, and spent last season at Louisiana Tech, where he threw for 4,033 yards with 27 touchdowns and eight interceptions. He went 15 for 31 for 132 yards with no touchdown and two interceptions for the 49ers during the preseason, including one especially bad throw in the final game.I was up and down, Driskel said. Obviously in my last game I didnt play so well. I made a bad throw -- tried to throw a ball out of bounds and didnt get it out of bounds, so I turned the ball over. Its tough to make a team turning the ball over.---Online: AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic .Y. -- Injured Buffalo Sabres forward Marcus Foligno did not practice with the team Monday and head coach Ron Rolston said its unlikely hell play in Wednesdays season opener in Detroit. Cheap Jerseys Online . Reassurance came from Paul Tesori, his caddie and close friend whose newborn son is in intensive care in a Florida hospital. "Paul sent me a text this morning, just told me he loved me and wanted to go out and fight as hard as I would any other day," Simpson said Sunday after doing just that. http://www.cheapchinanfljerseysonline.com/ . -- Jonathan Drouin gave Halifax the boost it needed to edge host Sherbrooke Phoenix 3-2 in a shootout in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. Wholesale Football Jerseys China . James, who turned 29 on Monday, injured his groin Friday during the Heats overtime loss at Sacramento. He sat out the following game, a 108-107 win Saturday in Portland, before coming back to help send the Nuggets to their seventh consecutive loss. Wholesale China Jerseys . Speaking to the Chicago Tribune at baseballs Winter Meetings in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, Boras called the former home of the Expos a "tremendous environment" for baseball. SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. -- The final six races of Saturdays card at Saratoga were canceled after the jockeys refused to ride, citing unsafe track conditions.Rain began shortly after 2 p.m. Eastern, and over the next hour, 0.66 inches fell, according to New York Racing Association management, making for an extremely sloppy main track. The fourth race, run on the turf, was delayed 14 minutes while rain, accompanied by thunder and lightning, went through the area.After the fifth race, the jockeys met as a group and informed management that they would not ride the remainder of the card.We lost the track, its as simple as that, said John Velazquez, who won the fifth race on the 2-year-old Thirst for Victory. It rained, we lost the track, its unsafe.Velazquez said the jockeys met with management -- Martin Panza, the senior vice president of racing operations, and Glen Kozak, vice president/facilities and racing surfaces. The jocks were asked for some time for the maintenance crew to continue to work on the surface.Glen came in and talked to us to try and buy some time, Velazquez said. We decided that theres no way in a half-hour they could get the track good again. Theres so much water on the track, no matter what part of the track you go, its unsafe. Its not fair to the horses or us to be out there and find a spot where its comfortable enough to riide the horses.ddddddddddddJockey Manny Franco, who finished second in the fifth race on Adulation, said, The track was horrible. Too much water. It was unsafe for the horses and for us.Panza said that NYRAs weather service predicted that the rain wasnt going to come until 6 p.m.This is not something they projected, Panza said.Panza was naturally frustrated to lose half a Saturday program.I dont think any track wants to cancel a Saturday card, he said. Its not something you want to have happen.The Grade 1, $500,000 Fourstardave will be rescheduled for next Saturday. It will be open to original nominees and will be redrawn Wednesday. The Grade 2, $200,000 Adirondack, for 2-year-old fillies, will be brought back Friday. It will be open to original nominees and will be redrawn Monday.The last time a Saratoga card was canceled after it started was on Aug. 8, 2008, after heavy rain washed out part of the main track.On Sunday, Aug. 27, 2011, the entire card was canceled in advance of Hurricane Irene.The final two races on the Sept. 2, 1998, card were canceled due to heavy rain, and the last race on Travers Day, Aug. 28, 2004, was canceled due to heavy rain.Racing is expected to resume Sunday, with a first post of 1 p.m. China NFL Jerseys White Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Wholesale NFL Hoodies Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Wholesale NFL T-shirts Disocunt Football Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale NFL T-shirts Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Black China NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor