d back to Double-A Binghamton after th

in Quasselecke 04.09.2018 12:36
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Steven Matz is not ready to come off the disabled list, and the New York Mets have scratched him from his scheduled start Thursday night against Miami.The rookie left-hander, sidelined with tightness in his pitching shoulder, said he felt OK after throwing off a mound Sunday but experienced discomfort while playing catch Monday. Jacob deGrom will be moved up a day to start for Matz in the finale of a four-game series between NL wild-card contenders, manager Terry Collins said Tuesday.Tests showed no structural damage in the shoulder, according to Matz and Collins.Just a little irritation. Still bugging me a little bit, dont quite feel I can really let it go yet. Talked to them and the training staff, and that was the decision, just give it some more rest and let it calm down, Matz said. Theres just irritation in the rotator cuff. As far as the medical terms, the doctor said everything structurally looks OK, its just classic impingement, is what I guess you can call it.In other injury-related news, Neil Walker remained out of the lineup for the third consecutive game Tuesday with a stiff back.The second baseman has been to the doctor for tests but Collins was cryptic about Walkers recurring condition, saying he was aware of the diagnosis but wasnt at liberty to reveal it.Collins indicated the team hopes Walker can play Wednesday -- but also said if the switch-hitter returns to the lineup, he will need to monitor and manage his back regularly and wont play five or six days in a row.Theres a lot of concern, Collins said. He wants to wait one more day, which I totally get. The more rest, the better hes going to feel. So lets just see how he is tomorrow.Walker, who can become a free agent after the World Series, has matched his career high with 23 home runs in his first season with the Mets since they acquired him from Pittsburgh in a trade. He was batting .282 with a .347 on-base percentage and 55 RBI.He kind of thinks hes a lot better today and thats why we think tomorrow well know a lot more, Collins said.There was some good news for the Mets: Streaking shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera returned to the starting lineup and hit a two-run homer on the first pitch he saw. It was the 17th home run this season and fourth in 11 at-bats for the reigning NL player of the week.Cabrera left Sundays loss to Philadelphia in the first inning after aggravating a left knee injury that sidelined him twice earlier this year. He struck out as a pinch-hitter Monday night.Matz, who had been pitching with a bone spur in his elbow, said he believes he will return to the mound this season.I think its a day-to-day thing. The doctor believes I can pitch again, with the results and MRI, he said. Its not a surgery-type deal.Matz is 9-8 with a 3.40 ERA in 22 starts and 132 1/3 innings. He took a no-hitter into the eighth inning of his most recent outing, Aug. 14 against San Diego.My arm was feeling great, which was why this is a big disappointment, because I was really feeling really good and a few days after throwing that last game I threw, something just started barking at me and it hasnt really subsided since, he said.Matz said originally it was a curveball that caused him discomfort, but now he simply feels it when throwing.I was able to get my tossing in, but for me to get on the mound and throw a bullpen and tell them Im ready for a game would be unrealistic in my mind, he said.Rookie right-handers Robert Gsellman and Seth Lugo will both remain in the rotation until Matz is ready to return, Collins said.Matz probably wont throw for at least a few days.He needs more rest. He needs to continue some more therapy, Collins said. Were hoping that in a couple days we can throw him over the weekend and see if he can be ready next week.New York added a fresh arm to the bullpen Tuesday, recalling right-hander Logan Verrett from Triple-A Las Vegas. Right-hander Rafael Montero was optioned back to Double-A Binghamton after throwing 100 pitches over five shutout innings in a spot start Monday night. China NFL Jerseys .ca NHL Power Rankings for the second straight week, ahead of the Pittsburgh Penguins and Colorado Avalanche. Cheap Authentic China Jerseys . The 28-year-old from Calgary matched his career best after missing just one shot in his two rounds of shooting in the mens 10-kilometre sprint competition. Smith finished in 23 minutes 15. http://www.jerseyscheapnfl.net/ . Most important, perhaps, it went off without a hitch. Organizers poked a little fun at the now-infamous opening ceremony gaffe that saw only four out of five snowflakes open up into rings, leaving the Olympics logo one ring short. Wholesale NCAA Jerseys .7 million, one-year contract, a raise of $2.2 million. Wieters had asked for $8.75 million and the Orioles had offered $6. Cheap Jerseys From China . -- Brandon Jennings made the most of his first game with the Detroit Pistons on Sunday night.TORONTO -- World No. 3 Victoria Azarenka and Wimbledon champion Marion Bartoli have been added to the field for the 2013 Rogers Cup womens tennis tournament. The two women were given wildcard positions reserved for players in the top 20 in the WTA rankings that dont originally enter an event. "Were thrilled that Victoria and Marion have decided to play heere in Toronto," tournament director Karl Hale said in a statement.dddddddddddd "With them added to the list, we now have the best WTA player field in the world outside of the Grand Slams and mandatory events." The addition of Azarenka and world No. 7 Bartoli means the Rogers Cup will feature all of the top 20 players in the WTA. China NFL Jerseys White Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Wholesale NFL Hoodies Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Wholesale NFL T-shirts Disocunt Football Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale NFL T-shirts Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Black China NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor