The 23rd-ranked Northern Iowa Panthers are hoping to match the best start in school history when they pay a visit to the Rams of

in Quasselecke 25.08.2018 09:08
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.650 Beiträge

Richmond, VA (SportsNetwork. Throwback Ravens Jerseys .com) - The 23rd-ranked Northern Iowa Panthers are hoping to match the best start in school history when they pay a visit to the Rams of VCU on Saturday evening. Northern Iowa comes in at 9-0, its best start as a Division I program, and a win tonight would tie the program record for the best opening to a season with the 1963-64 squad that won its first 10 games en route to a 23-4 overall record. The Panthers were most recently in action at Denver on Wednesday night, and they used a record-setting shooting performance to knock off the Pioneers, 65-55. VCU had begun the season as a member of the Top-25, and after opening with three straight wins, the team has lost three of five, with the most recent being a 74-57 setback to a ranked Virginia squad last Saturday. The Rams other defeats came against another Top-25 foe in Villanova (77-53), as well as to regional rival Old Dominion (73-67). This is the first of two straight, and four of the next five VCU will play at home. The series between these two teams is knotted at 1-1, with both meetings taking place over the last two years. VCU won at home in 2012, 77-68, while UNI returned the favor last year with the identical score. Northern Iowa set a Missouri Valley Conference record for shooting percentage in a half in Wednesdays win at Denver, as it knocked down 15-of-17 (.882) field goal attempts in the opening 20 minutes en route to a 70 percent shooting effort for the entire game. The Panthers also impressed at the foul line (19-of-23, .826), while logging a 21-13 edge on the glass. Seth Tuttle paced UNI with 12 points, Deon Mitchell and Wes Washpun added 11 each, and Paul Jesperson pitched in with 10. Tuttle has been a man possessed for the Panthers here in the early going, as he is netting 64 percent of his total shots in averaging a team-best 15.9 ppg. He also is among the club leaders in rebounds with 6.4 rpg, trailing only Marvin Singleton (6.6 rpg) in that department. Washpun (10.6 ppg, 3.3 apg) is the only other double-digit scorer for a team that is putting up 67.4 ppg while doing a masterful job at the defensive end in yielding only 55.2 ppg. Mitchell is averaging just 6.4 ppg, but he is just three points away from reaching 1,000 for his career. Poor shooting and a lack of effort both on the glass and at the defensive end proved to be the Rams undoing in their recent loss to Virginia. VCU hit only 38.3 percent of its total shots, while the Cavaliers were successful on a gaudy 68.3 percent of theirs. The Rams suffered a 35-21 rebounding deficit, and had only two players score in double figures. Trevon Graham hit for 17 points thanks to a 5-of-9 showing from 3-point range, while Melvin Johnson added 15 points. Briante Weber only finished with five points, but he handed out five assists and was credited with five of the teams 12 steals in the game. Graham continues to pace the Rams in scoring with his 17.4 ppg, but Johnson is right there at 16.9 ppg. The team as a whole is netting 74.8 ppg, but the defensive stance, which has been a mainstay of VCUs stellar effort in recent years, hasnt performed up to par as foes are generating 70.2 ppg in hitting close to half of their field goal attempts (.473), and better than 40 percent of their 3-point tries (.408). Wholesale Ravens Jerseys . Kyle Denbrook, a soccer player from Saint Marys University, took the CIS male athlete of the week honour. Stanley, a fourth-year business administration student from Charlottetown, scored both goals in a 2-0 win over Dalhousie on Friday and tallied again in a 1-0 win over Saint Marys on Sunday. Youth Ravens Jerseys .35 million. The right-hander had agreed last February to a deal that pays him $3.775 million this year and allows him to earn an additional $225,000 in bonuses based on games finished. http://www.cheapravensjerseyselite.com/?tag=cheap-jordan-lasley-jersey . Eller scored the midway through the third period after Dallas scored twice to tie it, leading Canadiens to a 6-4 win over the Stars on Thursday night.CLEVELAND -- Kyrie Irvings stint as part-time cheerleader and coach is finally over. Its time for the All-Star guard to get back on the court. Irving practiced with his Cavaliers teammates for the first time in two weeks Tuesday after missing eight games with a biceps injury. Irving took some contact during his first workout since straining a left biceps tendon March 16 against the Los Angeles Lakers. "I feel good," Irving said. "It was great to be back out there. It was definitely hard for me these last two weeks just sitting on the bench. But as always, if I go down, Im the biggest cheerleader. " Irving doesnt know yet if hell play Wednesday in Orlando, a key game in the Cavs playoff push. Hell take part in the shootaround and then consult with the medical staff. The third-year pro, who has missed 49 games because of injuries during his NBA career, said whether he plays is not entirely his call. "If Im ready to go, I see no reason to stop me," he said. "But obviously everyone has their reason, as we know in this business. Obviously, you have a respect for it, but as a basketball player and as a competitor, theres an inner drive to be back out there. Well see what happens." Irvings return comes as the Cavs enter their biggest games this season. While he was out, the team went 4-4 and climbed into playoff contention in the Eastern Conference. Cleveland trails Atlanta by three games for the No. 8 spot. After playing the Magic, the Cavs face the Hawks on Friday in Atlanta. "Im excited just to bbe a part of it every single day," Irving said. Cheap Anthony Averett Jersey. "When we talked at the beginning of the season, we said, Aw, we need to figure this out, we need to figure that out, but now, as Im watching the team, even late in games we get down 14, 16 with five minutes left to go in the game, and teams just cant score against us in that last five minutes. "Weve learned how to buckle down. Were finding ways to win and learning how to win. On the road -- or at home. Its fun to watch." Irving doesnt think his return will disrupt the clubs new chemistry. "These guys trust me and I trust them," he said. "Were all teammates. Ive been staying locked in with them since I got hurt, which has been really important for me, and really good for my growth." Cavs coach Mike Brown said Irving has contributed despite not playing. "A guy like Kyrie can be a game-changer even if hes not in uniform," Brown said. "Guys listen to him, guys respect him. If they see hes engaged, it makes the team that much more connected. Hes helped in that area, in that connectivity." Brown said Irvings playing time might be limited when he returns. More certain is that the Cavs on Wednesday night will be without forward Anderson Varejao, who sprained his shoulder Sunday against Indiana. Its not clear if hell miss more time. Rookie Anthony Bennett was excused from the team so he could return to Toronto because of a "family health matter." He will not be with the team in Orlando or Atlanta. Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Braves Jerseys Cheap Orioles Jerseys Cheap Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Cubs Jerseys Cheap White Sox Jerseys Cheap Reds Jerseys Cheap Indians Jerseys Cheap Rockies Jerseys Cheap Tigers Jerseys Cheap Astros Jerseys Cheap Royals Jerseys Cheap Angels Jerseys Cheap Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Marlins Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor