Used to battling tight corners at speeds well in excess of 100 km/h, Olympic bobsled champion Kaillie Humphries tried her hand a

in Quasselecke 25.08.2018 09:07
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.650 Beiträge

QUEBEC CITY, Que. Youth Dane Cruikshank Jersey . - Used to battling tight corners at speeds well in excess of 100 km/h, Olympic bobsled champion Kaillie Humphries tried her hand at handling a pair of top UFC fighters Sunday. Welterweight Rory (Ares) MacDonald and middleweight Francois Carmont were on their best behaviour, serving as benign training partners as top coach Firas Zahabi gave Humphries an introduction to mixed martial arts paces before a small crowd at a Quebec City mall. It was all part of the UFC Experience, a public workout ahead of Wednesdays Ultimate Fighter Nations Finale UFC card. Under the tutelage of Zahabi, Humphries worked on a double-leg takedown, armbar and kimura submissions as well as punching and kicking. At the end of the session, he had her put all the moves together in taking the pro fighters to the ground and then going after a submission. The 28-year-old from Calgary clearly enjoyed the lesson, enthusiastically throwing a tattooed tree-trunk of a leg over the six-foot-three Carmont in a bid to subdue him as he lay on his back. MacDonald is ranked the No. 2 contender in the world at 170 pounds by the UFC while Carmont is No. 9 at 185 pounds. Zahabi trains both in Montreal as well as former welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre. The bobsled champ signed autographs and, holding her two Olympic gold medals, posed with fans before changing into workout gear to get some tips from Zahabi, along with a local youngster. "One more," Zahabi yelled as Humphries kicked the training pad he was holding. "Harder." As he urged her on to kick again and again and again, the coach mischievously asked if she was competing in the next Olympics. When she said yes, he told her: "Youve got to do more," referring to the kicks. "Come on, youve got four years. Go. Again. Again. Four years of this." The inspiration worked. Humphries kept kicking, with the audible thuds becoming louder. "Didnt want it to end," she tweeted later. Humphries is a longtime fan of MMA — so much so that she planned to fly back to Calgary on Sunday night to honour a previous commitment before returning to the Quebec capital to take in the fights. "Its so cool for me to be able to see and get to meet the fighters and be a part of something so spectacular," she said in an interview. "Its an opportunity you cant miss, so you make travel work." The UFC treated her like royalty, producing a real championship belt that she put on while holding her medals with an Olympic-sized grin. Humphries says the UFC is literally part of her family. Her parents named their cats Rampage and Tito after former light-heavyweight champions Quinton (Rampage) Jackson and Tito (The Peoples Champion) Ortiz. But combat sports are new to the bobsled champion, who only has one boxing class under her belt. She is, however, contemplating adding MMA training as part of her general fitness regimen. While not bobsled specific, the explosive nature of MMA could be beneficial, she said. So what about getting punched, she was asked? "I think its something I can handle. Bobsleighs not exactly the most princecessy of sports," she replied. "Im used to rough and tough a little bit and I can take a punch." Then she paused. "Ive never actually been hit so I cant actually say that," she said with a giggle. Humphries cited Jackson and current womens bantamweight champion (Rowdy) Ronda Rousey as her favourite fighters. Rousey, the UFCs first female title-holder, is a former Olympic bronze medallist in judo. "Nowadays women can do anything the men can do," said Humphries, who won her Olympic gold in Sochi, Russia with Heather Moyse, who also competes in cycling and rugby. "At the end of the day, women are inspirational in completely different ways than men," she added. "And to know there are women out there that are as rough and as tough, and can dedicate their lives and work just as hard, it (the UFC) allows us to show that off to the rest of the world. "Im super-proud of all the women that do sports across the board, especially at such a high and extreme level. Its an inspiration for me and I know many young girls out there." Dont look to Humphries to start fighting for real, however. The UFC womens competition is restricted to bantamweight (135 pounds), although a new strawweight division (115 pounds) is being formed. "Im far away from that," she laughed. "As of right now I would definitely be one of the heavyweights, for sure. "I usually compete at around 170, Im about 165 right about now. So Im a long way off from a 115 or a 135. But at the same time, our training and the way we train with our sport, we need to be at that weight so I do what I can to maintain my weight up there." Wednesday will be Humphries first live UFC show. "Its one of those experiences that Ive never had that Im very, very excited to see." Cheap Titans Jerseys Authentic . At times during a solid but not spectacular season, they looked all three. Still the defending AFC champions persevered, riding their top-ranked defence and key contributions from younger players to a 12-4 record and their eighth playoff appearance since 2000, remarkable consistency in a league where change is the only constant. Youth Luke Falk Jersey .com) - Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant combined for 51 points and the Oklahoma City Thunder took down the struggling Bucks 114-101 on Tuesday. http://www.cheaptitansjerseyselite.com/ .com) - Top seed Klara Zakopalova reached the second round, while former French Open champion Francesca Schiavone came up a loser Tuesday at the inaugural Rio Open tennis event.One of the best underdog stories of the Sochi Olympics may be nearly undone. According to The Globe and Mails James Mirtle, the Latvian mens Olympic team - which finished eighth in the hockey tournament - now faces possible disqualification after a second player has allegedly tested positive for a banned substance. Mirtle cites a report from Latvian web site sportacentrs.com that states an unnamed player has turned up the teams second positive drug test of the tournament. Forward Vitalijs Pavlovs failed a drug test following Latvias 2-1 quarter-final defeat to Canada. Under Olympic rules, hockey teams do not face disqualification until mmultiple players test positive for banned substances. Cheap Tennessee Titans Jerseys. The eighth-place finish improved Latvia to 10th in the IIHF world rankings, which is a key determinant to Olympic qualification. The top nine teams in the IIHF world rankings received automatic berths to the Sochi Games, which was the reason why Norway (ranked ninth through 2012) was able to avoid the qualification tournaments that saw Slovenia, Austria and Latvia qualify by beating the likes of Germany, France and Belarus. IIHF rankings are based on tournament performance over a four-year span, including both the Olympic hockey tournament and the World Championships. Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Braves Jerseys Cheap Orioles Jerseys Cheap Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Cubs Jerseys Cheap White Sox Jerseys Cheap Reds Jerseys Cheap Indians Jerseys Cheap Rockies Jerseys Cheap Tigers Jerseys Cheap Astros Jerseys Cheap Royals Jerseys Cheap Angels Jerseys Cheap Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Marlins Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor