as last weekend, fumbled at the end of a 40-yard catch aft

in Quasselecke 03.02.2018 12:38
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

SAN MARTIN, Calif. -- When Mirim Lee walked off the course following her record-tying round, she described her day with words usually not heard when talking about the U.S. Womens Open.So todays round was easy day -- easy round, yeah, Lee said.She sure made it look that way when she became the fifth golfer to shoot a round of 8-under par at the U.S. Womens Open on Thursday, making 10 birdies on the way to a 64 to take the first-round lead at CordeValle.With the greens not quite as firm as they likely will be later in the week and the wind not playing a major factor, there were low scores to be had throughout the field -- at least for the opening morning of the tournament when 23 players shot under par, including six of the top seven on the leaderboard.I definitely expect it to change, said Cristie Kerr, who was three shots behind Lee in a tie for second. I dont think the USGA likes when we shoot 8-under on their golf course. You have to expect it to change, and if it doesnt, then youll have opportunities to score.The play got much tougher in the afternoon when the wind picked up and only 14 players were under par, led by Amy Yang who birdied 18 to move into a three-way tie for second at -5 with Kerr and Minjee Lee.None of the players in the marquee group that featured three of the top four players in the world in Lydia Ko, Brooke Henderson and Lexi Thompson could break par. Ko birdied her final hole at No. 9 to finish the day 1 over, one shot ahead of Thompson and three in front of Henderson.Those three will need to do plenty of work to catch Lee.I dont know what course she played, maybe the ladies tees, maybe a different course, Ko said. But she played fantastic. We were checking the leaderboard, she made two bogeys and still shot 8-under. Its very impressive. She must have hit a lot of fairways and made good putts. I think obviously thats the key.Lee is the first woman to shoot that much below par at the U.S. Open since Lorie Kane and Becky Iverson did it in the second round in 1999 at Old Waverly in Mississippi. The lowest total score in a round in U.S. Open history is a 63 by Helen Alfredsson in 1994 at the par-71 Indianwood in Michigan.Lee capped her record day with birdie from about 8 feet on her final hole at the par-5 ninth.The course is perfect now, Mirim Lee said. Greens are really fast.Kerr, playing in the same group with Lee, nearly matched her stroke for stroke with players standing 3-under through their first 11 holes. But Lee birdied five of her final seven holes, while Kerr had three birdies and a bogey down the stretch as a gap opened between the two.Despite that, Kerr was quite pleased with how her round went considering the way she has played most of this year. The 2007 U.S. Open winner has not finished higher than 10th all season and missed two cuts in her three tournaments leading into this week.But with a new shaft on her driver, Kerr found her game in the opening round.When youre struggling to hit fairways, it makes the game a lot harder, Kerr said. And then the mental game gets off of it, its a whole process like that. But I knew when I found the driver this week that it just felt so much like my old driver and we found the right combination and even if I missed a little bit I could feel what I did wrong, I could feel the difference.Kelly Tan, Brittany Lang and Anna Nordqvist were tied with Yang four shots back at 4-under. Nordqvist hit all 18 greens in regulation, the first time that has happened at the U.S. Open since the statistic started being tracked in 1986. Sydnee Michaels, Moriya Jutanugarn and Eun Hee Ji were all at 3 under.So Yeon Ryu, the 2011 U.S. Open winner, shot a triple-bogey eight on her final hole at the ninth to fall from 4-under to 1-under.Defending champion In Gee Chun, followed by about a dozen members of the Flying Dumbo fan club wearing shirts that Chun designed, hit back-to-back bogeys on the front nine and finished 1 over. Chun is seeking to become the eighth player to repeat as U.S. Open champion and first since Karrie Webb did it 15 years ago. Wholesale Spurs Jerseys . Walcott is available for Saturdays home match against Southampton as Arsenal looks to extend its two-point lead at the top of the Premier League. The Gunners are currently the second highest scorers in the league but Wenger insists Walcott will add something extra to his team. Cheap Spurs Jerseys China .ca NFL Power Rankings, overtaking the Denver Broncos and remaining ahead of NFC competition San Francisco, Carolina and New Orleans. http://www.cheapspursjerseys.com/ . The deal is pending a physical, assistant general manager Bobby Evans said. Traded from Seattle to Baltimore on Aug. 30, Morse also can play first base and right field to give manager Bruce Bochy some flexibility in writing his lineup. Cheap Spurs Jerseys Authentic . A big centre with all the tools to be an elite player, Johansen paced the Blue Jackets with a standout game Saturday night. He had a goal and two assists for a career-high three points as Columbus beat the New York Islanders 5-2 to snap a five-game losing streak. Cheap Spurs Jerseys . Bryant, who signed a five-year, $34 million contract as a free agent with Cleveland in March, reported symptoms on Monday morning, a team spokesman said. EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- If you missed Victor Cruzs clutch return to the NFL last week after missing more than a season, the 29-year-old New York Giants receiver offered an encore in Week 2.Cruz, who had a winning fourth-quarter touchdown catch against Dallas last week, hauled in a 34-yard third-down pass from Eli Manning to set up Josh Browns winning 23-yard field goal as time expired and the Giants got off to their first 2-0 start since 2009 with a 16-13 win over New Orleans Saints on Sunday.I just wanted to work my way in, catch things that are in front of me, make the plays that are presented to me, said Cruz, who had four catches for 91 yards. To make the game-winning catch a week ago and today to make a pretty decisive catch on the sideline to seal the game, I couldnt draw it up any other way. I just go out and play the game and I think Im getting better as the weeks go on.Browns third field goal capped an 11-play, 70-yard drive that featured two key third-down passes by Manning and a pass interference call on a pass to Odell Beckham Jr.The game was also redemption for the Giants defense. After allowing Drew Brees to throw for 511 yards and an NFL-tying seven touchdowns, New York limited him to one touchdown, 263 yards passing and 288 yards in total team offense in handing the Saints their second straight loss.It always comes down to a few plays but literally, we needed one more play in each of those games, and we are potentially sitting there at 2-0, said Brees, who did not complete a pass longer than 23 yards.The Saints rallied to tie it twice in the fourth quarter. A 17-yard touchdown pass from Brees to Willie Snead IV evened things at 10 early in the quarter. After Brown, who returned from a one-game suspension, gave New York a 13-10 lead with a 19-yard field goal on the next series, Brees led an eight-play, 47-yard drive that ended with Will Lutz kicking a 45-yarder to tie it with 2:54 to play.The Giants dominated the first half, but they were iin danger of falling behind just before halftime when James Laurinaitis recovered Mannings fumble at the New York 25 after he was sacked by Michael Mauti.ddddddddddddAn offensive pass interference on first down forced Lutz to attempt a 38-yard field goal. Defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins came up the middle and blocked it and Janoris Jenkins jogged 65 yards for a go-ahead touchdown with 2:30 left in the half.Lutz hit a 39-yarder late in the half to get the Saints on the board.The Saints forced three turnovers, and still only scored 13 points.Its very satisfying, Giants cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie said. That guys a Hall of Famer. Anytime we can perform like that, youve got to give credit to yourself.SPECIAL TEAMS: The last time the Giants returned a blocked field goal for a touchdown was Dec. 7, 2008, when Kevin Dockery returned one 71 yards against the Philadelphia Eagles. Coincidentally, Gene Steratore was also the referee in that game.SECONDARY CONCERNS: The Saints are hurting at cornerback. Delvin Breaux is out with a broken leg, and fellow starter P.J. Williams left in the first quarter against New York with a possible concussion and concern about his spine. Recently signed Sterling Moore and reserves DeVante Harris and Ken Crawley finished the game.MORE BREES: Brees finished 29 of 44. The 37-year-old passed Dan Marino (61,361 yards) for No. 3 in NFL history.VICTOR: The chants of Cruzzz greeted Cruz in his first game at MetLife Stadium since 2014. However, the 29-year old who caught the game winner against Dallas last weekend, fumbled at the end of a 40-yard catch after being hit by Crawley, spoiling his biggest play, until he came through at the end.GIANTS BIG THREE: Cruz, Beckham and rookie Sterling Shepard combined for 294 yards and no touchdowns.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor