BASEL, Switzerland -- Vasek Pospisil will face off against Swiss star Roger Federer in the semifinals of the Swiss Indoors on Sa

in Quasselecke 29.12.2017 09:35
von jokergreen0220 • 1.730 Beiträge

BASEL, Switzerland -- Vasek Pospisil will face off against Swiss star Roger Federer in the semifinals of the Swiss Indoors on Saturday, with the Canadian hoping to be fit after surprising himself with a 7-6 (11), 6-4 quarter-final defeat of Ivan Dodig. Luke Opilka Jersey . Pospisil, ranked 40th in the world, admitted that he was shocked to have finished the tough one-hour 45-minute match with Dodig after being unable to move his neck the morning of the match. "I woke up fine at 7:00 but then fell back asleep and slept in a bad position for 90 minute from 8:00 to 9:30," said Pospisil. "I couldnt move my neck to the left. "I honestly didnt know if Id be able to play at all," said the rising star who has reached all three of his career ATP semifinals (Bogata, Montreal and Basel) this breakthrough season. "I had a lot of treatment and painkillers. "It was still bothering me on every single shot, especially the serve and forehand. But the trainer told me I couldnt make it worse so I gave everything I had. Im still very surprised that it held up as well as it did, frankly. Its shocking." Federer beat Pospisil in their only other meeting in Montreal two years ago, but the young player from Vancouver is excited to get another chance at the Swiss icon. "It will be incredible to play him, it will be one of the highlights of my career," Pospisil said. "Playing him in his hometown will make it even more special. It will be a very special match for me." Pospisil needed nearly an hour to win the gruelling first set against Croatias Dodig. The tiebreaker created stress on both sides of the net, with Pospisil saving three set points and finally converting for the win on his own fourth set-winning opportunity. In the second set, Pospisil broke for a 3-2 set lead only to lose it a game later. But Pospisil dug in to break Dodig again for a 5-4 lead. He finished off the victory a game later on his second match point as Dodig hit the net with a return. "It was really tough to concentrate," said the injured winner. "Its very draining to play that way. But Im really thrilled to go through like this." Pospisil is hoping to improve his ranking enough this weekend and next week in Paris at the last event of the regular season to reach the top 32, which would guarantee a seeding for the Australian Open." He said the trainer told him his condition is a two or three-day affair, with the first day the worst. He is expecting no physical problems when he plays for a spot in the his first ATP final at the weekend. But he admitted that the situation was a close call. "I could not have played a 1 p.m. (match)," he said. "But two hours later I was loose enough to be able to serve almost normally, thanks to all the treatment."" Brayden Schenn Jersey . On July 27 cyclings best-known race will host "La Course by Le Tour de France" -- a one-day womens competition staged hours before Tour riders race on the same circuit to finish the three-week event on Paris Champs-Elysees. Robert Bortuzzo Jersey .com) - Eric Fehrs goal 42 seconds into overtime lifted the Washington Capitals to a 5-4 come-from-behind victory over Columbus, halting the Blue Jackets seven-game win streak. http://www.officialbluesnhlshop.com/al-macinnis-jersey/ . The Irish golfer, whose father Patrick died from cancer, says he underwent surgery for sun spots. The 42-year-old Harrington told Irish radio station Today FM: "Ive had a number of skin cancers removed off my face.LONDON -- The World Cup memories are fading fast for Louis van Gaal as the size of the Manchester United rebuilding task hits home. A week after losing the season opener, United was held to a 1-1 draw at Sunderland on Sunday, leaving the former Netherlands coach still searching for his first win in the Premier League. Juan Mata gave United the lead in northeast England but former Manchester City midfielder Jack Rodwell headed Sunderland level on the half-hour. "Football is played for creating chances and making goals," said Van Gaal, who led the Dutch to third place in Brazil. "We havent created so many chances today. We probably had more ball possession and were more dominant than the last match but you have to win your game at that moment and we couldnt, so thats a pity." Before the approach from United to replace David Moyes, Van Gaal was close to taking charge at Tottenham. Instead, Mauricio Pochettinos reign at White Hart Lane has begun with successive league wins as his team overwhelmed Queens Park Rangers with a stylish 4-0 rout on Sunday. Whether Tottenham is a top-four contender might only become clearer when the north London club hosts Liverpool next Sunday. Before then Liverpool plays champion Manchester City on Monday in a meeting of last seasons top-two. United, which collected a 20th English title in 2013 before Alex Ferguson retired, seems some way away from rejoining the elite, based on the Swansea loss and Sunderland draw. By pursuing Argentina forward Angel Di Maria, who would likely cost more than $100 million to leave Real Madrid, the United owners are showing there is money to spend, having already splashed out around $125 million in recent months. And the first goal came Sunday from the clubs most expensive player, Mata, who joined in January for 37.1 million pounds (then $61 million). The Spain midfielder met Antonio Valenciass low cross from close range in the 17th minute after evading Sebastian Larsson. Paul Stastny Jersey. But Uniteds frailties at the back were exposed in the 30th minute when Larsson sent a corner to the near post for Rodwell to head home. In a further blow for United, defender Chris Smalling left Sunderland with a suspected groin injury that will be assessed on Monday. "We were at times sloppy," United striker Robin van Persie said. "I dont think one point is enough because we have high ambitions." Tottenham already has a maximum six points like Chelsea and Swansea, and produced the type of expressive attacking display expected when Pochettino was brought in from Southampton in May to replace Tim Sherwood. Nacer Chadli scored the first of two goals in the 12th after bringing down Emmanuel Adebayors cross with his chest. Erik Lamela, the $40-million record-signing derided in his first season at Tottenham has been revitalized by Pochettino, setting up Eric Diers header from a corner and providing the cross that Chadli nodded in before half time. Tottenhams fourth came from a rapid counterattack in the 65th minute, with Danny Rose galloping down the left flank before squaring for Adebayor to side foot into the net. "Lamela, Adebayor, Chadli and (Christian) Eriksen create the movement and rotate -- they are free," Pochettino said. "We work a lot on the training ground but it is important that the players are free in their minds because they are creative players." In the days other game, Hull had to play with a man disadvantage against Stoke from the 14th minute when James Chesters outstretched leg denied Glenn Whelan a goal-scoring opportunity. But Nikica Jelavic still managed to put Hull in front in the 42nd from a tight angle. It took until the 84th for Stoke captain Ryan Shawcross to bundle in a goal to salvage a 1-1 draw. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor