ilwaukee office intact. He isnt sure exactly what that role will entail.He said he had enlisted the help of Doris Kearns Goodw

in Quasselecke 12.12.2017 07:30
von jokergreen0220 • 1.730 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- The newest team in Major League Soccer is doing its part to fill Yankee Stadium with stars. Robinson Cano Jersey . New York City FC introduced Frank Lampard in Brooklyn on Thursday after signing the 36-year-old former Chelsea midfielder to a two-year contract. "Why not New York? Talk about ticking all the boxes. I want to carry on challenging myself." Lampard said at a news conference . "Thats a great challenge, isnt it? City of hopes and dreams. Thats where you want to go to and play isnt it?" The club owned by Manchester City of the Premier League and the New York Yankees of Major League Baseball previously signed David Villa of Atletico Madrid. Both City and Atletico won league championships last year, meaning the expansion soccer team set to begin playing home games at the ballpark in 2015 is also bringing more champions to the Bronx than Yankee Stadiums full-time tenants have lately. The news conference was held at Brooklyn Bridge Park, where several soccer fields share space on a pier in the East River across from Lower Manhattan. A couple dozen fans, many in blue Chelsea jerseys, gathered around to listen, at times cheering and getting laughs from the dais, where Lampard was flanked by club sporting director Claudio Reyna , chief business officer Tim Pernetti, and coach Jason Kreis. Lampard, who has scored 211 goals for England and Chelsea, became the latest international star to move to MLS. Most famous was David Beckham, who joined the Los Angeles Galaxy in 2007 from Real Madrid. "I think this is an incredibly exciting time for the league," Kreis said. Lampard is "a rare talent, one that scores a lot of goals from midfield, yet is also a disciplined defender and someone who reads the game brilliantly." Lampard was asked about a widely reported encounter with American travellers in 2001, shortly after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, when he and teammates were fined following reports they were behaving drunkenly and boorishly in front of the distraught Americans. "I was naive and a young boy at the time and I have some regrets," Lampard said. "I categorically didnt insult anyone, set out to insult anyone, behave badly in front of Americans or in fact anyone. Ive tried in the last 13 years at Chelsea to build up -- well, to just be a good man really and not just be a good footballer, but a good man off the pitch. ... Unfortunately it was very much misreported at the time in England and its actually a chance for me to finally say that." Lampard, speaking with the skyline behind him across the river, said he "of course" plans to visit the Sept. 11 memorial. "You visit this great city, you know what it means to New Yorkers. I think you go and pay your respects, so yes I will," he said. Kreis said the team examined the situation and considers the matter resolved. His newest player is someone with strong feelings about New York. "I want New Yorkers to hear that and see that," Lampard said. "Its up to me to show them here and prove the footballer I am and the person that I am." Yonder Alonso Jersey . The Italian football federation announced the appointment, three days after new president Carlo Tavecchio was elected. Tavecchio and Conte spoke on the phone early Thursday. Custom Seattle Mariners Jerseys . His Brazilian opponents said he produced miracles. There is no doubt that Mexico goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa was the one responsible for spoiling Brazils hopes of another World Cup victory at its home tournament. http://www.baseballmarinersofficial.com/ . Louis Blues and Buffalo Sabres came to an agreement on a big trade that may only offer incremental improvement to the Blues in their quest for a Stanley Cup.PARADISE VALLEY, Ariz. - Bud Selig concluded his final baseball owners meeting as commissioner after two days of basking in praise for the job hes done during more than 22 years in charge of the game.Thursdays meeting followed a gala in Seligs honour the previous night in a tent on the property of a desert resort hotel.A remarkable collection of speakers, Selig said. There was a lot of emotion, a lot of history, and it was more emotional than I thought. I have to admit that. ... It was really just a wonderful night.Selig, 80, took over baseball as chairman of the executive council in 1992 after helping force Commissioner Fay Vincents resignation. Despite saying he would never take the job permanently, Selig was elected commissioner in 1998. When he is replaced by Rob Manfred on Jan. 25, Selig will have been in charge of baseball for the second-longest term behind Kenesaw Mountain Landis, who held the job from 1920-44.Speakers at the dinner included former Senate Majority Leader George Mitchell, hired by Selig to investigate the use of performance-enhancing drugs by players. Columnist George Will spoke, as did former columnist and current MSNBC contributor Mike Barnicle. Hank Aaron, among many Hall of Famers on hand, introduced Selig.They talked about Seligs accomplishments, including drug testing and two decades of labour peace that followed a series of eight work stoppages from 1972-95 that culminated in cancellation of the 1994 World Series.Each speaker, Manfred said, noted that everything Bud accomplished was as a result of his ability to bring unity among 30 owners.It is a tribute to his ability, his personality and his personal skills, Manfred said, that he could produce the kind of unity that has literally revolutionized the game.Selig noted he had overseen three generations of owners.Although there was opposition to Manfred from some owners, Selig said it has been a remarkably seamless trransition. Hisashi Iwakuma Jersey. Weve done it the way baseball is supposed to do it, Selig said, with class, dignity that makes me happy.Selig headed the group that bought the Seattle Pilots in bankruptcy court in 1970 and moved the team to Milwaukee, where it was renamed the Brewers. He became the owner head baseballs labour committee before he was put in charge.In 92 when I took over, things were not good, he said. In fact, theres no other way to say it: It was a mess. But I knew in the early and mid 90s one thing as we moved forward is we have to do things together.His first owners meeting was in St. Louis and it was a disaster, he said. There was agreement on nothing.Unifying and changing the game was a long-term project, he said.The 90s were tough, tough on me, tough on everybody, Selig said. But I knew early on that we had to do things that we had to do. The system was not working. The system was an anachronism. I used to kid that this is the system of the Ebbets Field and the Polo Grounds. And I wasnt being facetious. Nothings changed since the 30s, and there was just unhappiness everywhere.Selig said hes been given many mementos as his retirement neared.Ive gotten letters from a lot of people — owners, general managers, players — the last four weeks, he said. Im carrying some of them around. Theyre really heart-wrenching.Selig will become commissioner emeritus this month, and MLB will keep his Milwaukee office intact. He isnt sure exactly what that role will entail.He said he had enlisted the help of Doris Kearns Goodwin to write a memoir. He is sure he will stay busy.I go to the office every day, Selig said. That wont change.NOTES: Owners elected their executive council: Texas Ray Davis, St. Louis Bill DeWitt Jr., Atlantas Terry McGuirk, Pittsburghs Bob Nutting, Minnesotas Jim Pohlad, the Chicago Cubs Tom Ricketts, the New York Yankees Hal Steinbrenner and Tampa Bays Stu Sternberg, Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor