isHarry’s arrival does not only pose a challenge to the still suspended Josh Gordon

in Events im JuZ Idstein 06.01.2020 07:20
von elaine95 • 481 Beiträge

Bears defensive lineman Akiem Hicks has become a dominant force for Chicago. He landed there as a free agent Chase Winovich NFL Draft , after his rookie contract expired while with the Patriots. He landed in New England in a less conventional way.Yes, a trade sent Hicks from the Saints to the Patriots early in the 2015. The trade reportedly was sparked by an incident between Hicks and Saints coach Sean Payton.As explained by Dan Pompei of TheAthletic.com, Hicks was benched for an undrafted rookie during a loss to the Panthers. This triggered a “heated exchange” between Hicks and Payton.Hicks supposedly refused to return to the game, a contention that he denies. Later that night, Payton and Hicks exchanged “[m]ore heated words” by phone. The following week, Payton informed Hicks that he’d been traded to the Patriots.The move stunned Hicks.“It was the absolute lowest point of my life,” Hicks told Pompei. “At 14 Chase Winovich Buffalo Bills Jersey , I fell in love with the game, watching clips from NFL Films. When you are all in, with your entire self, chasing a dream, pushing aside everything that can get in the way including friends and family, it becomes you. So when I got to that point when I was traded, I felt like Color Rush Chase Winovich Jersey , it wouldn’t happen. I suck. I’m not a good player. I’m going to be forgotten. I felt like it was over. I’m not what I thought I was all these years. . . . It’s not a good place I was in.”Hicks finished the season with the Patriots, before signing with the Bears in 2016. And Hicks has gotten better and better during his three seasons in Chicago, proving his assessment of his own skills accurate — even if it took a little while for him to reach his full potential. Find out what Harry’s arrival means for the Patriots."WhitePatriots News Opinion and Analysis Contribute! FanPostsFanShotsAbout the Site List of Patriots Twitter AccountsWrite For Pats Pulpit!New User Welcome and Commenting GuideCommunity GuidelinesMastheadTopics Patriots Off-Season CoveragePatriots Opinion/AnalysisPatriots NewsPatriots Draft CoverageSportfolio ManagementNFL DraftPatriots Opinion/AnalysisPatriots 2019 NFL Draft CoverageNFL draft 2019: 5 winners and 3 losers from the Patriots’ first round selection of N’Keal HarryNew,44commentsRead more: Experts grade the selection of Patriots WR N’Keal Harry, and other league reactionsEDTShareTweetShareShareNFL draft 2019: 5 winners and 3 losers from the Patriots’ first round selection of N’Keal HarryMark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY SportsThe first day of the 2019 NFL draft is over and it saw the New England Patriots stay put at the end of the first round and draft Arizona State wide receiver N’Keal Harry. The 21-year-old addresses arguably the Patriots’ biggest need as he adds both athleticism and physicality to the club’s pass catching corps — something that the team is lacking following the retirement of future Hall of Fame tight end Rob Gronkowski.With that in mind, let’s take a quick look at the winners and losers from the Patriots making Harry the 32nd pick of this year’s draft.Winner: QB Tom BradyPats Pulpit recaps Day 1 of the DraftSubscribe to the Pats Pulpit podcast for more draft reactions!After seeing Gronkowski retire and both Chris Hogan and Cordarrelle Patterson leave New England via free agency, the Patriots added a high-upside receiving option for Tom Brady on Thursday. Harry gives the veteran passer a physical boundary option with the ability to challenge press-man coverage and win jump-balls due to his size. Needless to say that Brady has to feel good about New England’s first-round selection.Winners: WR Julian Edelman & RB James WhiteNew England drafting Harry is good news for Julian Edelman and James White. With a talented receiver like the Arizona State product being added to the skill position group Youth Chase Winovich Jersey , the Patriots’ projected top-two pass catchers should see their workload at least somewhat reduced. The same goes for the defensive attention drawn by the two star players: having another viable receiving option in the lineup will make it harder for teams to focus on stopping the productive duo.Loser: WR Josh GordonWith Josh Gordon still indefinitely suspended, the Patriots invested in a player that is suited to play the same role as him: like Gordon, Harry has the skill set to serve as an X-receiver and deep threat target in New England’s scheme. Consequently, his addition puts pressure on Gordon whenever he returns to the club. The veteran, whose focus has to be on bigger things than football right now, might have to fight for playing time.Winner: Josh McDanielsOne of Harry’s best attributes is his versatility. In 2018, he was regularly thrown the ball on deep passes (18 targets) and when aligning in the slot (29 targets) and produced in both areas. He furthermore also saw action as a ball carrier — he had 7 rushing attempts for 10 yards and a touchdown last season — and on top of that attempted four passes in his three years at Arizona State. Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels will have plenty of fun with the rookie and his skill set.Losers: WR Demaryius Thomas & WR Maurice HarrisHarry’s arrival does not only pose a challenge to the still suspended Josh Gordon Womens Chase Winovich Jersey , but also to two of the players currently on New England’s active roster. Offseason acquisitions Demaryius Thomas and Maurice Harris bring the same basic skills playing on the perimeter to the table as the first-round pick — without the upside, of course — and will therefore see their practice reps and chances at making the team reduced.Winner: OT Isaiah WynnSecond-year man Isaiah Wynn also can be considered a winner, mainly because of the fact that New England did not draft another offensive tackle in round one to challenge his presumed standing as the starting left tackle. While the position still remains somewhat of a need — Wynn is coming off a torn Achilles, Marcus Cannon turns 31 in May — yesterday strengthened his position as the front-runner to fill the spot previously held by free agency departure Trent Brown.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor