8 winning percentage (469-419-12) tha

in Events im JuZ Idstein 23.12.2019 07:38
von elaine95 • 481 Beiträge

X Week 4 | Oct 01 | Chiefs @ Broncos | SpAChris Jones tried to keep a straight face as he stood in front of his locker in the Kansas City Chiefs practice facility Demarcus Robinson Jersey , a gaggle of reporters huddling around him to catch his every word.It was tough with Derrick Nnadi, all 312 pounds of him, standing on a folding chair right behind Jones, flexing his muscles, jiggling his belly and gyrating — well, gyrating the rest of him.Jones finally cracked."He's a young guy," he said with a smirk. "You got to expect that. I still love him."Welcome to life in the Kansas City locker room.On one wall is a basketball hoop, where new running back LeSean McCoy was lofting up shots as he headed out the door for a meeting. Over in a corner, the defensive backs were huddled around a stereo, while the offensive linemen traded jokes about right tackle Mitchell Schwartz's barbecue.So much for feeling the pressure of being the three-time defending AFC West champions, or the team that came within a coin flip of reaching the Super Bowl. Or for that matter, the team favored by so many to finally reach the big game for the first time since winning Super Bowl 4.Even with the opener in Jacksonville days away http://www.chiefslockerroom.com/authentic-mitch-morse-jersey , the Chiefs are keeping things light-hearted.Call them the Cheerful Chiefs."The players are all just good friends," said McCoy, who was released by Buffalo and immediately welcomed after signing a $4 million contract to join the KC gang over the weekend."Sometimes you have superstars," McCoy explained, "you have this guy with a routine off to the side. But here they're all on the same page. It's special. It's honestly a shock."To be clear, not much surprises McCoy these days. He recently turned 31 and has been in the NFL long enough to see just about everything — except success, of course, which the two-time All-Pro still finds himself chasing in Kansas City. And more than the myriad weapons at the Chiefs have, including MVP quarterback Patrick Mahomes, it is the attitude that McCoy believes is championship stuff.Nobody points fingers. Nobody plays the blame game. When he arrived and was likely to take some of the carries from starter Damien Williams and backup running back Darwin Thompson, those two were among the first to greet him in the Kansas City locker room."Everyone in this building has good chemistry because we enjoy each other," said tight end Travis Kelce Womens Xavier Williams Jersey , who has become one of the Chiefs' elder statesmen. "I was joking that I'm glad (McCoy) came into the room because you're the oldest guy on the team now. The number of young guys we have in the locker room is impressive. Everyone wants to come into the locker room and work every day. When you have a group of guys with one vision in mind, that's a pretty powerful thing."It wasn't always this way in Kansas City. The locker was such a dysfunctional mess under former coaches Todd Haley and Romeo Crennel that the feeling inside the facility was downright toxic.That began to change when Andy Reid took over before the 2013 season. The roster went through a major turnover, the negativity evaporated, and in its place came a newfound sense of camaraderie and confidence. And the few players who didn't buy into those beliefs have been similarly jettisoned over the years — the trade of volatile cornerback Marcus Peters serves as a prime example.The talent has slowly improved, too, and the Chiefs have one of the most complete rosters in the NFL entering Week 1. But that close-knit locker room also helps as the Chiefs chase an AFC title."Coach Reid has done an outstanding job of building a family," offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy said. "One thing we take a lot of pride in here is our guys understand the big picture. This isn't about the individual. This is about the organization and the team."NOTES: Special teams coach Dave Toub said WR Tyreek Hill will return punts against Jacksonville, but the Chiefs will monitor his use on offense as well. "I don't want to put a tired guy back there, either," he said. ... Defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo said DE Emmanuel Ogbah will help replace Breeland Speaks, who was lost to a season-ending knee injury. Ogbah dealt with an oblique injury in training camp. "We'll miss Breeland," he added. "Hopefully he gets back healthy next year." Hall of Fame tight end Tony Gonzalez might have gotten caught up in the moment Tyrann Mathieu Jersey , and the location.After the former Chiefs and Falcons tight end was elected to the Hall on Saturday, he did some local pandering with Atlanta television station WSB.“The Falcons, honestly, it made my career to come here,” Gonzalez said. “It really did. Nothing against Kansas City, I was there 12 years, but only three playoff games. But when I got to Atlanta, it’s like all of a sudden you’re part of this winning organization, . . .”As you might imagine, Chiefs fans may not have received that news well, and math may be on their side.In 12 seasons with the Chiefs, Gonzalez made the All-Pro team five times. He caught 916 passes for 10 http://www.chiefslockerroom.com/authentic-anthony-sherman-jersey ,940 yards and 76 touchdowns for Kansas City.In five seasons with the Falcons, Gonzalez made the All-Pro team once. He caught 409 passes for 4,187 yards and 35 touchdowns in Atlanta.He won his only career playoff game for the Falcons, but he was 1-3 in the postseason in Atlanta compared to 0-3 in Kansas City, so it’s not exactly like he went from the Buccaneers to the Patriots.In fact, the Chiefs actually have a much better record over the course of history, with a .528 winning percentage (469-419-12) that’s just behind the Steelers all-time mark, while the Falcons have the third-worst winning percentage among active franchises (.442, 358-452-6). Gonzalez caught them on a bit of a hot streak, but the Falcons went 42 years without back-to-back winning seasons, so he might have been overstating the whole “winning organization” thing a bit.But because he’s a good guy, he recorded a message to Chiefs fans Womens Harrison Butker Jersey , saying the initial remarks were for the Atlanta audience.“Kansas City Chief fans, I just want to tell you from the bottom of my heart, thank you,” he said, via the . “The 12 years I spent there were fantastic. I always tell people I became a man, obviously, on the field but off the field as well out in Kansas City. The fan support I had out there was second to none. It’s diehards.”Honestly, his accomplishments transcend the record of either franchise, so there’s not much to apologize for, other than a few bruised feelings for Chiefs fans who had to watch a 13-3 Super Bowl and wonder what might have been.
or

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor