With his league-rattling trade

in Quasselecke 06.12.2019 07:08
von chenyan94 • 506 Beiträge

DENVER (AP) — from the Oakland Raiders to the Chicago Bears http://www.thebearslockerroom.com/authentic-roquan-smith-jersey , Khalil Mack cashed in with a new six-year, $141 million extension that makes him the highest-paid defensive player in NFL history.He’s still second fiddle to Von Miller, though.Miller was voted the league’s best edge rusher in the latest Associated Press position rankings, earning seven first-place votes in balloting of 10 AP football writers. The three other first-place votes went to Mack.The star Broncos linebacker “is simply the best, as the Seahawks were reminded in the season opener,” said AP’s Dave Campbell, based in Minneapolis.Miller, who had four quarterback hits, three sacks, two forced fumbles and a fumble recovery in wrecking Seattle’s game plan in Denver’s 27-24 season-opening win, scored 97 points in the 10-points-to-one system. That’s four more than Mack and one point better than Tom Brady, who edged out Aaron Rodgers 96-93 in the quarterback rankings last week.“The NFL’s sack master finds a way to get to the quarterback, even when he’s double-teamed,” said New York-based Dennis Waszak Jr., who also ranked Miller No. 1. “He’s quick, strong, versatile and sometimes unstoppable.”Added New York-based Barry Wilner, “Yes, he might also get the nod as the best outside linebacker in the game. That’s how versatile and talented Miller is. He makes the Orange Crush go.”The AP ranks linebackers in Week 8. Next week, it’s running backs.Although “no one can match the former Super Bowl MVP when it comes to rushing off the edge with speed,” Bay Area-based Josh Dubow said, “Mack is the highest-paid defensive player for a reason,” so he ranked Mack ahead of Miller.“Just look at his dominant stats from his four years in Oakland,” Dubow said Womens Eddie Goldman Jersey , “Or his first game in Chicago.”Mack made an immediate impact in his Bears debut, dominating the Packers last Sunday night until a gimpy Rodgers, who was carted off with a knee injury in the first half, returned after halftime to rally Green Bay from a 20-point deficit for a 24-23 win.“Mack is the type of game-wrecking talent that teams only dream of having. Unless you’re the Oakland Raiders, who decided they needed to part ways with him,” Waszak said. “Mack paid off immediately for the Bears by forcing two turnovers in the span of six plays in Chicago’s opener at Green Bay.”Mack had a 27-yard pick-6 and strip-sacked backup QB DeShone Kizer in the red zone.“Hugely questionable decision for the Raiders to get rid of him in his prime,” said Washington-based Howard Fendrich, who ranked Mack the best pass rusher in the game. “The Bears got themselves a superstar.”“His tour de force in the season opener at Green Bay, without any training camp or preseason, shows why Mack could be worth every penny Chicago is paying him,” Wilner said.Philadelphia-based Rob Maaddi said that what separates Miller is “his Super Bowl MVP award” for strip-sacking Cam Newton twice in Denver’s win over Carolina in Super Bowl 50.What Mack has that Miller doesn’t is a Defensive Player of the Year award, something Teresa Walker of Nashville thinks could change this year if last week was any indication of the year Miller could have playing alongside rookie Bradley Chubb, the fifth overall pick in the draft.“Miller gets the nod over Khalil Mack thanks to a season opener that was simply amazing,” Walker said. “If Miller keeps this up, he should join Mack as a Defensive Player of the Year.”Last year, Miller was the hands-down winner in outside linebacker rankings and Mack the runaway winner in defensive end balloting. This year, the AP put pass rushers together in the edge rusher category.The Los Angeles Chargers‘ Joey Bosa was a distant third, followed by Arizona’s Chandler Jones, who led the league with 17 sacks last season and whom Dallas-based Schuyler Dixon calls “one of the most consistent threats in the game.”“Bosa’s absence was felt in a Week 1 loss to K.C.,” said New York-based Simmi Buttar, noting Bosa has 23 sacks in 28 career games. Bosa also will miss Sunday’s game at Buffalo because of a bone bruise in his left foot.Houston’s J.J. Watt at No. 5 and the Jaguars‘ Calais Campbell at No. 6 usually rush more from the interior. The Vikings’ Everson Griffen was seventh, followed by the Saints’ Cameron Jordan, the Chargers’ Melvin Ingram, and the Browns’ Myles Garrett Marcus Cooper Jersey , the top overall pick in last year’s draft.Also receiving votes: DeMarcus Lawrence of the Cowboys, Justin Houston of the Chiefs, Terrell Suggs of the Ravens, Vic Beasley of the Falcons, Cameron Wake of the Dolphins, Ryan Kerrigan of Washington and Carlos Dunlap of the Bengals. T.J. Watt of the Steelers and Yannick Ngakoue of the Jaguars each received one vote. We’re going to predict the Chicago Bears 2019 record in each quarter of the season in this week’s WCG roundtable discussion! First up is the 1st Quarter..." Latest NewsNotesChicago Bears 2019 Season Predictions: 1st quarterNew,27commentsWe’re going to predict the Chicago Bears 2019 record in each quarter of the season in this week’s WCG roundtable discussion! First up is the 1st Quarter...CDTShare this storyShare this on FacebookShare this on TwitterShareAll sharing optionsShareAll sharing options for:Chicago Bears 2019 Season Predictions: 1st quarterTwitterFacebookRedditPocketFlipboardEmailPhoto by Jonathan Daniel/Getty ImagesWith the NFL revealing their 2019 schedule last week, we had to get in on the much-too-early Chicago Bears predictions, but we wanted to break the schedule down into four easy to digest portions of prognostications. Former Bears head coach, Lovie Smith, used to like to break the schedule into four quarters — much like a football game — so we’re going to do the same thing here at WCG. And we’re also going to do it roundtable style to get more of our Bears experts involved in the process. After checking out what we have to say, we want you guys to follow our format and give us your predictions in the comment section. Here’s how the Bears first quarter of the season will go. 1st QuarterWeek 1: vs. Green Bay Packers, Thursday, Sept. 5, 7:20 p.m., NBCWeek 2: at Denver Broncos, Sunday, Sept. 15, 3:25 p.m., FOXWeek 3: at Washington Redskins, Monday, Sept. 23, 7:15 p.m., ESPNWeek 4: vs. Minnesota Vikings http://www.thebearslockerroom.com/authentic-kyle-fuller-jersey , Sunday, Sept. 30, 3:25 p.m., CBS(All times Central)Lester A. Wiltfong Jr. - (4-0) We’ll learn about the 2019 Bears right away with tough match-ups against the rival Packers and a high altitude game in Denver, but I think the extra time to prep for the Broncos will give them the edge they need to buck history. Prime Time in Washington will be tough, but the Bears are the better team. The Vikings couldn’t beat the Bears when their playoff lives were on the line last year, so why would I think Kirk Cousins can do it in 2019. Erik Christopher Duerrwaechter - (4-0) Where the back-to-back road games may cause some discomfort, I don’t see any of these games being a real test early on. The Vic Fangio Revenge Game has a chance of being close. And, really, I’m ready to see the Bears annihilate the Packers in the season debut at home. Just gotta get my ticket to the game.Sam Householder - (3-1) The Bears can get off to a hot start with five winnable games but I’m not sure they can get through unblemished. The Broncos are an insane 21-1 at home in weeks one and two at home in their current stadium and 51-8-2 all-time. On the other side is Washington, who are 5-22 on Monday Night Football since 2000, including seven straight Monday night losses and a 2-15 record on MNF since 2008. The Vikings are likely to rebound from a down year last year, but by playing at home that game is still winnable for them. I have them dropping the week two match up against Vic Fangio (remember when Adam Gase knew how to attack Fangio’s D? I think Fangio will know how to slow Nagy’s offense).Ken Mitchell - (4-0) Green Bay will be struggling in getting both their offensive and defensive games lined out, and Chuck Pagano’s much more aggressive defense will eat “those people from Wisconsin” alive. I think Week 2 may be the hardest game of the season, because former coordinators know exactly how to attack their old teams and Fangio will make this one tough... still, Bears win. Washington’s a decent team but we should beat them, and color me somebody who has been unimpressed by Minnesota’s offseason.Aaron Leming - (3-1) As much as I want to give the Bears (4-0) through this stretch, Denver’s history at home through the first two games of the season is hard to deny. Add in the altitude aspect and I’m going to give them a loss there, just to play it “safe” There’s one or two of those games on the schedule where it feels like a loss and I can’t ignore that like I did last year with Miami.Robert Schmitz - (4-0) For as much hype as the matchup in Denver is getting, I don’t believe in Joe Flacco enough to predict a loss in this quarter. The season opener against Green Bay is as close to a lock as I can ask for (predominantly due to last year’s horror) and it’s Thursday night slot gives us a ridiculous amount of rest for the matchup against our former defensive coordinator. I don’t believe in either (Washington QB) Case Keenum or Cousins to compete with us, so those look like wins to me. Some wins may not be pretty (Week 2 and 3 come to mind) but I think the Bears are perfect to open the season.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor