The New York Giants need help along the

in Quasselecke 30.04.2019 05:05
von panxing18 • 393 Beiträge

offensive line Riley Dixon Color Rush Jersey , that much is anything but a shocking bit of insight. After completely rebuilding their offensive line over the course of 2018, they saw their sacks allowed, sack rate, and adjusted line yards (a measure of rushing success which is attributed solely to the offensive line) all decline from 2017. But the Giants’ don’t just need starters along their line, they also need to improve their depth and find players who might develop into starters for the future. Zack Bailey has played right tackle, left guard, and center for South Carolina, playing against elite competition like Clemson, Georgia, LSU, and Alabama. He isn’t highly regarded, but has been tested by some of the best defenders in the nation. Could he become a late-round gem for the Giants? MeasurablesHeight: 6-foot-5Weight: 315 poundsProsBig interior blocker. Listed at 6-5, 315 but looks bigger than that. Former tackle, smooth mover at guard.Enough strength to drop his hips and re-anchor against most DTsCapable of generating impressive power in the run game. Capable pulling guard. Looks for work.Started 38 games at South Carolina. Has started at right tackle, left guard, and centerConsNeeds to consistently play with better pad level.Tendency to lunge against speed. Particularly at tackle, but crops up at guard as well.Needs to get better at sustaining blocks.Can look lost at the second level.Suffered a broken fibula in his last game.Prospect Video(Bailey is the left guard, number 78) Does He Fit The Giants?Bailey is a versatile and powerful offensive lineman who’s strength lies in his ability generate movement in the run game. Considering the Giants’ need to improve their run blocking as well as build their depth (and potentially find developmental linemen for the future) Mario Edwards Jr Color Rush Jersey , Bailey should at least intrigue. He flashes the tools to play in both man and zone blocking schemes -- he moved well enough to play right tackle passably, though guard is a much better fit. He needs to work on keeping his hips and pads down, as well as sitting back in his stance. When he does those things, he is capable of standing up even the best rushers, as he proved against Bradley Chubb at right tackle in 2017, and Christian Wilkins at left guard in 2018. However, as of now he is prone to rising through contact, losing leverage, and lunging when faced with athletic rushers. They aren’t debilitating flaws and his flashes suggest they can be cleaned up, but it will take work.The coaching staff will probably love his attitude, even if he doesn’t blow them away over the course of the draft process. When the evaluation committee suggested he return to school for his senior season after 2017, he embraced it as an opportunity to complete his degree and continue to improve as a player. When he got the X-ray of his broken leg, he responded by saying that it was “the best injury that could have happened,” and stated his desire to be on the sidelines of the Belk Bowl to cheer on his teammates. He is currently expected to be drafted somewhere late in the third day of the draft, and the Giants are flush with picks in that range. It is unlikely that he will be an answer as a starter, but players with tools, versatility, and enthusiasm are never a bad idea to acquire. EAST RUTHERFORD Nate Solder Color Rush Jersey , N.J. (AP) — After shipping superstar wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. to the Cleveland Browns in a stunning trade, the New York Giants made sure Eli Manning had his second-favorite target locked up for years to come.The Giants on Friday signed Sterling Shepard to a four-year contract extension that will pay him roughly $41 million.“I’m just excited,” Shepard said. “An opportunity to be in such a great place for another five years, it’s a blessing. I’m looking forward to this opportunity. I’m not going to put so much weight on my shoulders. I’m just going to attack every day like I have been.”The signing comes a month after general manager Dave Gettleman stunned many by trading Beckham to the Browns for the No. 17 pick in this month’s draft, safety Jabrill Peppers and a third-round pick.A second-round draft pick in 2016, Shepard has 190 catches for 2,286 yards and 14 touchdowns in three seasons. He has been durable, missing five games in 2017. He finished third on the team with career-high totals of 66 catches for 872 yards and four touchdowns last season.The trade has made Shepard the focal point of a receiving group that added veteran Golden Tate in free agency and has a group of veteran role players. New York (5-11) may look to add a down-the-field receiver in the draft, since Shepard and Tate are primarily slot players.“We have no shortage of talent,” Shepard said. “Those guys are ballers and they can get the job done. When they’re put in that position, they’re always going to execute. I have all the trust in those guys. I feel we’re going to pick up right where we left off. The last five games were the best games we played in the season. We just have to fine-tune some little things. Once we do that, we’ll be fine.”Shepard blossomed over the past two seasons as Beckham missed most of the ’17 season with a broken ankle and the final four games last season with a quad problem.“With Odell going down the last two seasons that time definitely helped me get a grasp of what being a leader is all about, and being that lead guy in the room,” the 25-year-old Shepard said. “I think it prepared me for this moment. I was pretty vocal anyway. I’m a pretty vocal guy. That will be no problem.”How much the Giants rely on the receivers this season remains to be seen. The offense revolved around NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year Saquon Barkley last season, and his role will likely increase with Beckham gone.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor