ashed through his head. Gatlin had gotten ou

in Quasselecke 22.02.2019 13:48
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Once he got rolling, Felix Hernandez had little trouble with the reeling Los Angeles Angels -- except Mike Trout.Nelson Cruz hit his 30th home run to lead Hernandez and the Seattle Mariners past Los Angeles 3-2 on Monday night as the Angels matched a franchise record with their 11th consecutive defeat.Hernandez (7-4) struck out eight and pitched into the seventh inning to earn his 150th win and help the Mariners remain two games behind Boston for the second AL wild card.King Felix has 328 career strikeouts against Los Angeles, surpassing Roger Clemens for the most of any pitcher vs. the Angels.Felix was really great tonight again, Mariners manager Scott Servais said. Started to get some rhythm going tonight again, good changeup tonight, some strikeouts, a few extra walks, but he hung in there and gave us a great effort.Hernandez gave up two runs in 6 2/3 innings. Feeling as though he had little command after giving up early walks and a run in the second inning, Hernandez found his grove. He struck out six straight before yielding a home run to Trout.Trouts seven home runs off Hernandez are the most by any player in baseball.I was trying to strike out Trout, too, but I left that pitch up, Hernandez said. Hes my nightmare. Hes got my number.The Angels had lost 11 straight on three other occasions, but never under manager Mike Scioscia. Last in the AL West, Los Angeles (49-69) is a season-high 20 games under .500.The last time the team dropped 11 in a row was during the 1999 season.I dont know if were looking for a spark or if were looking to grind it out, play our own offense and create or own breaks, Scioscia said. Right now, were just not getting enough done, but we will turn this around and we will play better.Cruz drove Ricky Nolascos 2-2 curveball into the left-field stands in the fifth to become the sixth player in Mariners history with multiple 30-homer seasons. Its the fourth consecutive season Cruz has hit 30 or more.He threw me the first pitch similar, it was a curveball high and I thought it was a ball and was like, `Wow a strike? Cruz said. Then later, he threw me another big, looping curveball.Trout also stole his 20th base, marking the third time hes reached 20 home runs and 20 steals in a season. He became the seventh player in major league history with three 20-20 seasons and is the only one still active, now that Alex Rodriguez was released by the Yankees.Trout belted his 23rd homer in the fifth, making the score 3-2.Nolasco (4-10) issued walks to Cruz and Kyle Seager in the fourth before Adam Lind singled home Cruz, and Mike Zunino singled in Seager. Cruzs fifth-inning homer put Seattle up 3-1.With one on and two outs and the Mariners hanging onto a 3-2 lead in the seventh, Seager hit a deep liner to right field, but Kole Calhoun went over the fence and into the stands to make the catch and end the inning.Edwin Diaz earned the save with a perfect ninth inning. Hes converted all seven save opportunities since moving into the closer role on Aug. 2.The Angels scored in the first when Nick Buss hit an opposite-field double to drive in Cliff Pennington with two outs.TRAINERS ROOMMariners: LHP James Paxton is still dealing with lingering effects from taking a line drive off his forearm in his last outing. The bruised forearm will force Paxton to skip his turn in the rotation Tuesday and might land him on the 15-day disabled list.Angels: RHP Garrett Richards was cleared to play catch for the first time since tearing his ulnar collateral ligament on May 6. Richards threw 25 pitches from 45 feet and will continue with the regimen until the end of the season.UP NEXTMariners: LHP Ariel Miranda (1-0, 6.00 ERA) will start in place of Paxton on Tuesday. Miranda, acquired from Baltimore for Wade Miley at the trade deadline, will make his fifth major league start and third for the Mariners.Angels: RHP Jhoulys Chacin (2-6, 6.00) will make his second start since returning to the rotation after a stint in the bullpen. Chacin took the spot held by Tim Lincecum after he was designated for assignment. Reggie Jackson Jersey . Belfort (24-10) needed just 77 seconds to down Henderson in the headlining bout of Saturdays "UFC Fight Night: Belfort vs. Henderson" event at Goiania Arena in Goiania, Brazil. The fight served as a rematch of the pairs 2006 meeting, which Henderson won by decision. Terry Steinbach Jersey . The Americans, skipped by John Shuster, seized the advantage in the eighth end by scoring five points for a 7-3 lead. The Czechs pulled two back in the ninth, but Shusters team of third Jeff Isaacson, second Jared Zezel and lead John Landsteiner ended with another point to secure the last Olympic berth on offer. http://www.athleticsrookiestore.com/Athletics-Stephen-Piscotty-Kids-Jersey/ . He says so-called TRT is only one problem and he wants to go even further than the ban. "Its about time," St-Pierre told reporters at a promotional event in Montreal on Friday. "I think its a good thing. Rickey Henderson Jersey .C. -- Todd Fiddler scored a hat trick, including the overtime goal, as the Prince George Cougars survived an 8-7 win against the Kamloops Blazers in Western Hockey League play Sunday. Jed Lowrie Jersey . In what the team had called a retirement, Ryan said Thursday that he is resigning as chief executive of the Rangers in a move effective at the end of this month. EUGENE, Ore. -- Justin Gatlin was up at 4 a.m.Typically, he cant sleep the night before big races, and Friday night, before he raced for one of the three 200-meter spots on the U.S. Olympic roster, was no different.It would be only his third 200 race of 2016, his third 200 race over three days. Race 1 didnt go great -- he took second to Ameer Webb. Race 2 wasnt that much better, either -- he was second again, this time to 19-year-old phenom Michael Norman.There was just something about this race that shook him awake.So, there he was, picturing his first race from Lane 8 (often considered the worst lane in track) and talking himself down. His body was sore from injuries -- ankles, quads. He had worn bandages on his quad through every round of races at the U.S. Olympic trials.At 34, Gatlin is one of the oldest in the field and his body was certainly starting to feel that, his hair certainly starting to show some gray.And then he told himself that he already had punched himself a ticket to Rio in the 100, winning in a world-leading time of 9.80. If he didnt make it in the 200, hed still get to represent his country at the Olympics.I said, I cant start thinking that way, Gatlin said. Thats the beginning of a downfall, when youre not going to really go out there and show your guts and show bravery. So I kind of just wanted to ... go out here and act like I didnt have my ticket punched and run as hard as I can to make sure I got on the team.He did just that, winning the race from Lane 8, adding another world-leading time and picking up his second victory of the trials.dddddddddddd.As the eight runners came around the curve, it looked as though it was neck-and-neck, but out of the corner of Gatlins left eye, he said he saw the striding legs of LaShawn Merritt.Memories of last summers IAAF World Championships, where Usain Bolt advanced and took advantage of some Gatlin hesitation, flashed back.I came off the curve in front and my eyes got big, Gatlin said. I just kept running as hard as I could.His coachs final words of advice -- Get out and stay out -- also flashed through his head. Gatlin had gotten out of his blocks well, held the lead early, and then he just needed to close. And on the back straightaway at Hayward Field, just moments after 41-year-old Bernard Lagat won the 5,000 meters, Gatlin showed some veteran grit of his own, extending his lead and avoiding a repeat of Beijing.Now, feeling healthy -- even after six rounds of races at Hayward -- Gatlin heads to Rio with the worlds fastest times in both distances. A feather in the cap for an American sprinting program in need of some medals, and an age group that typically begins to find itself pushed out by the younger faces in the crowd.But those younger faces are only going to be excited to be able to say they were on the track with the greatest in America.Watching [Gatlin] on TV from home, Im going to be like, Wow, I raced him, Norman said. Wow. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor