Hendrick needs him, not because hes especiall

in Quasselecke 21.02.2019 15:03
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Pleased as Kentucky coach John Calipari was by last weeks performance on the national stage, he seemed more encouraged by the second-ranked Wildcats encore that figures to raise their profile even more.DeAaron Fox scored 16 points, Malik Monk added 14 and Kentucky took a step toward the nations top ranking by rolling past Duquesne 93-59 on Sunday night.Five days after beating No. 13 Michigan State in New York, the Wildcats (4-0) made their case toward supplanting Duke for No. 1 when the AP Top 25 is announced Monday. The first of several scheduled late-evening starts didnt affect Kentucky as it won by its biggest margin this season.The Wildcats controlled Duquesne (2-3) on both ends, holding the Dukes to a season-low 30 percent shooting while making 35 of 76 attempts (46 percent).One thing I was anxious to see was how would we play, would there be a letdown, Calipari said. I thought we played well and I think Isaiah (Briscoe) kind of dragged them in the first half. ... I thought we played hard. Were still learning each other.Briscoe and Mychal Mulder each had 13 points and Bam Adebayo had 12 with eight rebounds for Kentucky, which out-rebounded Duquesne 49-32 to win its second game of the Bluegrass Showcase. Mulders total was a career high and included three 3-pointers.Were coming together better as the season progresses, Adebayo said.Emile Blackmans 13 points led the Dukes, who lost their third in four games.BIG PICTUREDuquesne: Coming off a one-point loss Friday against Canisius, the Dukes were close at the start but quickly fell behind due to cold shooting. They made just 6 of 29 in the first half (21 percent) and committed 11 of their 18 turnovers as they struggled against the Wildcats disruptive defense and length. They were near even on the boards for a while but eventually beaten there as well.Nothing Kentucky did surprised Duquesne coach Jim Ferry other than its ability to sustain the effort.Its relentless, Ferry said of the Wildcats intensity. Its just so challenging, the size and the length of the guards, how quickly they attack and they play very unselfishly.Kentucky: Seeking to pick up where they left off in an impressive defensive showing against Michigan State, the Wildcats constantly contested the Dukes passes and shots to build a 50-23 lead at the break. They controlled the paint offensively (44-20) and established a season best in rebounding differential.POLL IMPLICATIONSTop-ranked Dukes loss to No. 7 Kansas at Madison Square Garden opened the door for Kentucky to assume the top spot, and the Wildcats made it a foregone conclusion with their easy victory over the Dukes.RELOADINGEarlier Sunday, Kentucky announced the signings of 2017 recruits Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Quade Green -both guards -- along with center Nick Richards and forward P.J. Washington. All are rated as four- or five-star prospects by recruiting services, which of course is a familiar story in Lexington.RUPP MILESTONECalipari improved to 122-4 at Rupp Arena and tied Joe B. Halls record for most wins at the venue. Ferry drew a laugh when he remarked, He lost four? and Calipari said Yaaaay when told of the achievement before noting what visitors face when playing there.Its a hard place to win if youre an opponent and the fans make it that way, he said. I walked in today, 9 oclock on a Sunday night, we were missing some students but other than that, the place was packed. Are you kidding me?Attendance was 21,327.UP NEXTDuquesne: The Dukes host UT Martin on Wednesday night as they continue play in the Bluegrass Showcase.Kentucky: Hosts Cleveland State in a Wednesday matinee before Thanksgiving.---More AP college basketball: www.collegebasketball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 . Wholesale Salomon Shoes China . -- Stanford squashed Oregons national championship hopes again, schooling the Ducks in power football. Cheap Salomon Shoes Free Shipping . "Four now," Carl Gunnarsson told the Leaf Report proudly following a 5-2 victory over New York on Tuesday night, the clubs fifth straight at home. http://www.wholesalesalomon.com/ . Schenn scored the game-winning goal and added two assists to lead the Philadelphia Flyers to a 4-1 win over the Calgary Flames at the Scotiabank Saddledome on Tuesday. Cheap Salomon Shoes . Ronaldo produced a spectacular individual performance on Tuesday, scoring all three goals and guiding Portugal into the next years World Cup in Brazil with a 3-2 victory in Sweden. The Real Madrid forward has scored 66 goals in 2013, but the last three may be the boost he needs to upstage Messi after FIFA unexpectedly extended the voting period for the Ballon dOr to Nov. Wholesale Salomon Shoes . Jay Feely kicked a 41-yard field goal in overtime, and the Cardinals edged the Tennessee Titans 37-34 in overtime after blowing a 17-point lead late in the fourth quarter. Our experts weigh in on four of the biggest questions in NASCAR.Turn 1: What did you think of the new Bristol?Ricky Craven, ESPN NASCAR analyst: The New Bristol was a success. Each event was entertaining, each race had drama, and the facility appeared well attended on Saturday night before the rain began. It also appears that this magic Racing Glue will add value at other tracks, perhaps New Hampshire, Phoenix, or any flat race track that needs help establishing a legitimate second groove.John Oreovicz, ESPN.com: Some of the drivers seem to think that putting down resin on the inside line helped the racing. But this kind of managed competition goes against my purist instincts and it shows how far NASCAR (and other sanctioning bodies) will sometimes go to create the perception of a better show. I suppose the Bristol precedent could open up additional opportunities for the future. Why not wet down the corners in the Brickyard 400 to spice things up? Or build a chicane on the Long Pond straight at Pocono if that will possibly help things? The moral of the story: Be careful what you wish for from a resurfaced track.Bob Pockrass, ESPN.com: Liked it, and it certainly is something to build on. Two grooves make for good racing. Pure Bristol fans might prefer a faster lower groove where drivers would need to do more a bump-and-run, but this marked a good first step. The key: Dont make changes until they get some idea on how the cars should race there with the proposed 2017 package that reduces downforce and sideforce.Marty Smith, ESPN.com: Just fantastic. The awesomeness of a legitimate bottom groove at Bristol lived in a remote nostalgic corner of my mind. I wondered if wed ever see it again. And suddenly, boom! It was back! And gracious was it awesome. It also sold about 30,000 tickets to the race next spring. Attendance this spring was downright depressing, and in that market -- especially with the Battle at Bristol added to the 2016 schedule -- folks had to choose wisely where to spend their ancillary dollars. The spring race lost out. Even despite the rain, the return of the bottom groove harkened some old school chrome bumper lovin. Hallelujah.Turn 2: Chris Buescher has had some impressive runs. Could he do something in the Chase?Craven: The fact Chris and his small underfunded team won, and will likely make the Chase is amazing enough. All sports enthusiasts live for the underdog story, its so easy to become engaged with. But I cant see this group getting beyond the second round, at best. Not this year.?Oreovicz: It would certainly be a cool story, but I dont see it happening. Stringing together a series of top-10s might advance a driver into the second round, but youve got to run in the top five and contend for wins to make it to Homestead. Bueschers competitiveness is on an upward arc, but I dont see him reaching the Elite Eight or Final Four this year.Pockrass: Doubtful. He might get out of the first round if other drivers have problems, but getting to the final eight requires more consistency than what this team has shown.Smith: Really talented young ddriver -- doing a lot with a little.dddddddddddd Hell be out of the Chase after Round 1. Haves and have-nots, man.Turn 3: Jeff Gordon is out in the No. 88 this week due to a prior commitment. If Dale Earnhardt Jr. has to miss the rest of the season, whats the best plan for a replacement driver?Craven: Perhaps a consortium of drivers from JR Motorsports along with William Byron. This would help bridge the gap until more clarity exists for Dale Jr.s future, but this wont go a long way in helping the team. Gordon, even at 45, is the greatest choice for the team. He is dependable, predictable, and very wise. Gordon mentoring Hendricks (JR Motorsports) young drivers would be extremely valuable. If Gordon would be willing to do it is another story.Oreovicz: Tough one. Its probably time to end the Gordon experiment; hes already run more races than originally expected and it doesnt look like theres a miracle win in the making. Unless Gordon is toying with a semi-regular comeback, he should probably get back to the business of being retired. Alex Bowman isnt a bad choice, and Hendrick also has the opportunity to try out other young drivers the team might have an eye on in terms of developing for the future. Too bad William Byron isnt quite ready to make his Cup debut ...Pockrass: Bowmans performance at New Hampshire shows he deserves at least a few more chances in the car. If it is the rest of the season, putting Elliott Sadler in for Talladega wouldnt be a bad idea.Smith: Probably Gordon, though its clear hes only participating now because Rick Hendrick needs him, not because hes especially having the time of his life. I thought maybe Carlton Banks would be a good choice. He won that Toyota Celebrity Race. Or Jamie Little. She can wheel. McDreamy is available. All kidding aside, I just want Dale Jr. healthy and happy and fulfilled.Turn 4: Which team and driver gives the Toyota camp a run for their money in the Chase?Craven: Kevin Harvick, With Brad K a close second.Oreovicz: Another tough one, because I see four drivers in two teams as the strongest non-Toyota championship contenders: The Penske duo of Joey Logano and Brad Keselowski, and Harvick and Kurt Busch of Stewart-Haas. Busch is a risky pick; he could win five races and the title, or he could drop out in the first round. That leaves Harvick as the more logical SHR choice, and he should be there at the end if the No. 4 team performs like they did at Bristol. It would certainly be amazing if the Penske Racing 50th anniversary celebration ended with a championship at Homestead, and I like Keselowski as the man most capable of making it happen against very formidable opposition from Toyota.Pockrass: Stewart-Haas Racings Harvick appears as the main challenger. No other driver than him and those in the Toyota camp have led more than six percent of the laps this year. Keselowski and Logano? Maybe if NASCAR used the 2017 rules package in the Chase, but its not.Smith: Kevin Harvick.? Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor