s diverse a system as possible from top to botto

in Quasselecke 21.02.2019 15:01
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

Rio de Janeiro - Deepa Malik, the first Indian woman to clinch a Paralympic medal says her F-53 shot put silver is a result of being daring enough to dream.Deepas best throw of 4.61m from her six attempts which was her personal best, was enough to clinch the silver medal behind Fatema Nedham of Bahrain, who threw 4.76m.I dared to dream and I have determination to work hard and the passion and perseverance to follow that dream. Women often lose that and I have ensured that my family is not neglected, my children are doing well too, Deepa said.A paraplegic, paralysed from waist down, Deepa is married to an Army man and is a mother of two. The 45-year-old, the oldest member of Indias contingent, was consigned to the wheelchair 17 years ago after being operated for a spinal tumour.She underwent 31 surgeries, which was healed after 183 stitches between her waist and legs.I am very happy to win this medal and I am so glad that I could do this for my country. I really want to thank my coaches and my trainers, Sports Authority of India, and the Sports Ministry for funding my training so beautifully.I also want to thank my husband for being my skill trainer and my daughters for being my strength and motivation.I am so eager to come back to India, she said.Deepa had won national and international medals in swimming, before switching to athletics in 2009.I was the first biker, first swimmer, first rallyist (rally driver) and I am going to be the first Paralympian medalist. This is huge. I give it to my daughters. I give it to my husband, my trainer, my country. I am so excited, she said.Deepa would have taken the gold, if not for a mighty third throw of 4.76m from Bahrains Fatema. In 2009 Deepa became the first person with paraplegia to ride in one of the worlds highest and most difficult motor rallies in the Himalayas.Deepas success comes after two Indian men high jumpers Mariyappan Thangavelu and Bhati Varun Singh won gold and bronze respectively at the Olympic Stadium on Friday. Deepa hoped that her achievements would inspire others to beat adversity.This is very significant. I hope my journey and the medal can serve as an inspiration for differently-abled individuals to break out from their social boundaries and pursue their dreams, she said.I remember when I first had the tumour all those years back, people thought I would be restricted to my house throughout my life with servants looking after my daily needs, she added.Deepa said she always wanted to be independent despite her disability....I wanted to break out from that mould and took to swimming, motorsports and eventually javelin and shot put. My goal was to become independent despite my disability and today due to sport and the support of my family, I very much am an independent individual, she said.Although Deepas Paralympic performance will always be the pinnacle of her sporting career, shes no stranger to winning awards and accolades for her country.In 2012 she was the oldest recipient to be honoured with the Arjuna Award at the age of 42. She also clinched a Para Asian Games medal in 2014 in Incheon.In the run up to the games at Rio, she also won a gold medal in javelin throw at the IPC Oceania Asian Championships in Doha and a silver medal in Shotput at the same event. Ferguson Jenkins Jersey . -- Its been a long road back for Sean Bergenheim. Martin Perez Jersey . The incident occurred at 19:56 of the second period of the Kings 4-2 road win over Edmonton on Sunday. Nolan punched Oilers forward Jesse Joensuu in the jaw in front of the Kings goal during a scrum. http://www.authentictexasrangersgear.com/rangers-elvis-andrus-jersey/ . Sgt. Eric ONeal says most of the arrests at Monday nights game were for public drunkenness, though one person was taken into custody on suspicion of trying to steal a seat from the stadium. Nomar Mazara Jersey .C. -- Chris Thorburn thinks one of the reasons the Winnipeg Jets have been successful under new coach Paul Maurice is that theyre playing together as a team. Jason Grilli Jersey . The 31-year-old Spain midfielder hasnt played since Madrid lost in the Copa del Rey final to Atletico Madrid in May due to back and foot injuries. SAN DIEGO -- The firing of Fredi Gonzalez by the Atlanta Braves in May has left Major League Baseball without any Latino managers, something that has drawn the eye of commissioner Rob Manfred.The absence of a Latino manager is glaring, Manfred told the Baseball Writers Association of America on Tuesday. There are 30 jobs and there are 30 high-turnover jobs when youre talking about field managers, and youre going to have an ebb and flow in terms of diversity, given that there is no central authority sitting above the 30 clubs saying, look, we want to have this makeup among these employees.MLB often celebrates its diversity. Among 864 players on Opening Day rosters, disabled lists and the restricted list, 82 were born in the Dominican Republic, 63 in Venezuela, 23 in Cuba and 17 in Puerto Rico.I firmly believe that having as diverse a system as possible from top to bottom is beneficial to the industry, so not just on the field, off it as well, union head Tony Clark said. And to be in a position where we dont have those that reflect our membership in positions of leadership is disappointing.Detroit slugger Miguel Cabrera, a two-time AL MVP, was surprised when the lack of Laatin managers was pointed out to him Monday.ddddddddddddHow can it be possible? he said. It appears strange to me that there are so many Latino players and not a single manager. Maybe something needs to be done in order to give them more opportunities.In addition, there are just two black managers: Dusty Baker of the Washington Nationals and Dave Roberts of the Los Angeles Dodgers, whose father is African-American and whose mother is Japanese. There were 10 minority managers as recently as 2009, according to Richard Lapchick of The Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sport at the University of Central Florida.Manfred said engaging the African-American community is a priority for MLB, for developing both players and fans.Its not just we want to do the right thing because of Jackie Robinsons legacy, he said. It is an economic imperative for us because our country is becoming more and more diverse, and we have to put a playing complement on the field that reflects the United States.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report. Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor