A five-game losing streak has assured the Atlanta Falcons of t

in Quasselecke 12.02.2019 03:19
von panxing18 • 393 Beiträge

heir first losing season since 2014 Womens Blake Martinez Jersey , and the usually upbeat coach Dan Quinn said he's alarmed by the ugly results and looking for fixes.Quinn said all players and coaches are in the spotlight after Sunday's 34-20 loss at Green Bay locked in the losing season for the Falcons (4-9).It is a bitter reality for an Atlanta team only two years removed from a Super Bowl appearance. The Falcons would have to win two of their last three just to match their last losing record, a 6-10 finish in 2014.Quinn has turned up the heat on his team as Atlanta prepares for a visit from Arizona on Sunday."Some of you may have questions regarding the program and staff and players," Quinn said. "As we're sitting here in week 15, we have four wins. So you better believe we're evaluating everything and doing anything to get it right."Quinn complained about "self-inflicted wounds," including 13 penalties and two turnovers in the loss to the Packers."I thought our toughness was right but our focus is not," he said.He said the errors and lack of focus are not new concerns."It hasn't been to the level that we needed to for a while," he said. "... To have some of these inconsistencies show up over a period of time has definitely been something that has been at the forefront of my mind."Quinn doesn't have an answer to why the focus has become an issue, saying, he "can't tell you the amount of sleep" he has lost "on that question alone."Matt Ryan's second-quarter pass for Austin Hooper was intercepted by Bashaud Breeland and returned 22 yards for a touchdown. The Falcons also botched a shotgun snap in the red zone that was recovered by Green Bay.Quinn said those were among the mistakes "that made me think lack of focus."It was a mixed weekend for team owner Arthur Blank, who also owns the MLS Atlanta United. One day after watching Atlanta United win the MLS Cup at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Blank was in Green Bay for another Falcons loss.Blank gave Quinn a postgame hug one week after saying he still has confidence in the coach and general manager Thomas Dimitroff.Quinn is 36-30 in his fourth season in Atlanta, including a 3-2 postseason mark.For the second straight week, Quinn tweaked his starting offensive line, inserting Ty Sambrailo at right tackle ahead of Ryan Schraeder. Zane Beadles made his second straight start at right guard."I've been waiting for the opportunity to go out and show what I can do," Sambrailo said Monday. "The opportunity came and I felt I did all right."The line helped produce a much-needed boost in the running game . Atlanta ran for 107 yards, only its third 100-yard game of the season. Rookie Ito Smith had 11 carries for 60 yards as he continued to have a more prominent role. Tevin Coleman ran for 45 yards on 10 carries.There were other personnel moves. Rookie Isaiah Oliver shared time with cornerback Robert Alford. Brian Hill played at running back and fullback while fullback Ricky Ortiz was inactive. Defensive end Steven Means also returned to the playing rotation.More changes could come."Nobody is OK with this record," Quinn said.NOTES: Quinn second-guessed himself for allowing Matt Bryant to attempt a 53-yard field goal into the wind in the first quarter. Bryant's kick was short. "That would be one I'd like to have over," Quinn said. ... Quinn said TE Austin Hooper avoided serious injury when he left the game with an apparent knee injury. Davante Adams has never posted a 1000 yard season. That’s stupid, and mostly due to bad luck as Aaron Rodgers was lost for a good chunk of last season, when he probably would have gone over the mark. Furthermore, in 2016 Adams came up just 3 yards short, though he was still great that season. Adams is a bit of an odd receiver in that he’s not really a true downfield burner, but he is one of the shiftiest and most powerful runners in the sport. He is great at producing yards after the catch and he runs great routes Womens Geronimo Allison Jersey , consistently breaking opposing ankles on his release, but he also drops a ball here and there, and all of that contact leads to nagging injuries now and then.Adams is currently on pace for 1360 yards and about 13 touchdowns in 2018, which would constitute an excellent season, but Adams has only gone over 100 yards in a game once, and much of that was garbage time against Detroit. He remains a touchdown machine, but I think many anticipated a big leap this season, and while he’s been fine, many expected better. Adams ranks just 21st in DYAR and only 35th in DVOA, making him only slightly above average in terms of efficiency. As it turns out, there is a good reason for that, and if Davante is going to put up numbers this season, he’s really going to have to earn it. Earlier this season when I was doing my diligent fantasy research I noticed that Adams would be facing quite the gauntlet early in Kyle Fuller of the Bears, Xavier Rhodes of the Vikings, Josh Norman of Washington, Tre’Davious White of Buffalo, and Darius Slay of Detroit. I figured that after this start, he would make for a nice trade target as the schedule would undoubtedly get easier, but that is simply not the case.Adams’ GauntletOppRank v. #1DVOAOppRank v. #1DVOAThe Packers play 16 games, and according to current DVOA rankings, he will face eleven top-12 defenses against #1 receivers in those 16 games. That is simply ridiculous, and it’s worth noting that Darius Slay, who I believe to be very good Youth JK Scott Jersey , and in my opinion, did a nice job on Adams until garbage time, is not ranked in that top 12. The only breaks Adams will see are against New England (29th), Atlanta (23rd) and the Jets (21st), but every other opponent (except Detroit if you believe the stats) is well above average against him.On average, Adams will face the 13th-best defense in football with a -3.7 DVOA. (Negative numbers are better for defenses). Contrast that with Geronimo Allison (if healthy), who faces, on average, an 18th-ranked defense (against #2 outside WRs) at positive 4 DVOA. Allison will face 10 defenses ranked 18th or worse, while facing only three top 10 units. Randall Cobb, if he plays, faces a similarly easy slate, ranked 18th on average against slot receivers, with 7 defenses ranked 20th or worse and 3 ranked 30th or worse. The Packer passing game has struggled this season, with almost everyone looking out of sorts, and one of the big reasons why may simply be the top-heavy nature of the Packer passing game facing some top-heavy secondaries. With Cobb and Allison hobbled, the Packers are relying on rookies to punch opponents where it really hurt, and that is largely playing into their hands. If they are going to turn on the afterburners, they need those two back in a big way, and Adams is going to have to show just how dominant he really can be. It’s not going to get easier.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor