The Los Angeles Rams are 7-0 for the first time since t

in Quasselecke 12.02.2019 02:25
von panxing18 • 393 Beiträge

he Reagan administration. That may be the biggest story line in NFL as far as we are all concerned Gerald Everett Jersey , but the rest of the league has their own headlines as well. Like, did you guys know that Jamaal Charles was still in the league? The Jacksonville Jaguars just cut him but I was surprised to see him on my Twitter feed. Crazy.Pittsburgh Steelers RB Le’Veon Bell remains a no-show after bye weekA case of no news being the news here. Steelers players and fans were under the assumption that Bell would be back after their Week 7 bye. This obviously didn’t happen and Bell remains fairly quiet, though he did “like” a tweet from Ian Rapoport that could telegraph his intentions moving forward. There’s a lot of confusion involved with this story, and I’m sure it’s one that the Steelers can’t wait to have in their rear-view mirror. Some of the people in the organization are taking it in stride and have a few jokes as well.Tampa Bay Buccaneers lose LB Kwon AlexanderThe league’s worst scoring defense loses their man in the middle to a torn ACL. Alexander is a captain for the second straight year and was coming off a Pro Bowl season. After Alexander sustained the injury in the first half Adarius Taylor filled in and recorded a sack along with 6 tackles.Arizona Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson demands trade, has a change of heartA story in two acts:Peterson’s frustration is understandable. His initial trade demand comes after the Cardinals received a 45-10 beatdown at the hands of the subpar Denver Broncos. At 1-6, the Cardinals are going nowhere fast and Peterson’s talents could be utilized right away on a legitimate contender. This statement apparently came after a meeting with team president Michael Bidwill, who assured Peterson that the focus remains on winning. I don’t know how believable that is with a 1-6 record but the meeting placated Peterson, who is committed to the Cardinals for now.Oakland Raiders trade WR Amari Cooper to the Dallas CowboysI’m not entirely sure where to begin this one. While Cooper may have been a first round selection once upon a time, his inconsistent hands completely diminished his value. Earlier speculation about his trade was that he was probably worth a 3rd round pick. The Cowboys needed to add a playmaker. But this reeks of desperation. It’s a damn shame that the Raiders will probably squander their 3 first round picks in the draft next year.New York Giants trade CB Eli Apple to the New Orleans Saints“Hey, you know what would be funny? If I said ‘the Giants just traded Eli Nickell Robey-Coleman Jersey Salute to Service ,’ because then everyone would think I mean Eli Manning, but it’s really just Eli Apple.”-Everyone on Twitter.In all seriousness, Apple is a former first rounder that had a pretty tumultuous tenure in New York. Safety Landon Collins even went as far to say he was a “cancer” to the locker room last season. While the belief is that those issues were smoothed over, a change of scenery might be best for Apple, who is going to a Saints team that badly needs help in the secondary.Giants trade DT Damon Harrison to the Detroit Lions“Snacks” Harrison is one of the premier run stoppers in the NFL. Pro Football Focus has him ranked as the #6 interior lineman this season. It’s hard to see this move as nothing more than a concession from the Giants. They’re a team that is rebuilding and will be forced to deal with some poor offseason acquisitions (see: trading for Alec Ogletree) that led them here.Down judge fired by NFL after missing blatant penaltyThe call in question comes from the Cleveland Browns-Los Angeles Chargers game in Week 6. The obvious false start is missed, leading to a touchdown by the Chargers, as shown below.The Football Zebras article indicates that it wasn’t just this play, but a larger body of work that led to Cruz’ immediate firing. The NFL Referees Association will likely fight the firing. The Los Angeles Rams played a solid game on the road, putting up 35 points against a good New Orleans Saints defense. The only problem was that the Saints offense scored 45. The game proved that the Rams aren’t the only elite team in the NFC. So, why the panic from Rams Twitter? Because it’s Twitter and panic is one of the main ingredients in 2018.Best Overreaction:CB Marcus Peters is a legit liability on defense; the Rams would be insane to resign him if he continues to play like this.When the Rams acquired Marcus Peters Cooper Kupp Jersey Salute to Service , the knock on him was that he was an emotional ball-hawk that would have his great days and his extremely frustrating days. That’s the player that we saw with the Kansas City Chiefs and on Sunday, we got the latter, with an embarrassing showing. Peters was obviously not the only reason the Rams defense struggled, but he was the biggest name that fans could use as a scapegoat. Yeah, it’s unfair, but the numbers fit, so rage away, Ramily. I’m thinking that Peters might be walking at the end of the season; it’s been that rough for him in his tenure with the Rams.I would love for Marcus Peters to turn it around during the second half of the season. Who knows what needs to happen, the return of Aqib Talib perhaps? But right now, the cornerbacks for the Rams are playing similar to the presumed weak spot for the team: the linebackers. Worst Overreaction:Coach Sean McVay screwed up and got too cute on Sunday Authentic Tyler Higbee Jersey , going for it on 4th down when they should have played more conservative on the road. And RB Todd Gurley needed way more than 13 carries!It was obvious that the Rams were going to shift to a pass-happy offense once the Saints proved that they were going to score on almost every drive in the first half. However, it was hard to watch Todd Gurley not get the rock when the offensive line was playing so well. And many Rams fans were enraged that P Johnny Hekker was running for a first down instead of Gurley. But the Saints defensive line were able to provide an answer for Gurley in the first half that many of the other teams that the Rams played this season could not come up with.So, it didn’t bother me that Jared Goff threw the ball 40 times.But the way McVay coached the Rams was also exciting, surprising, and gutsy. The way Coach Sean McVay coaches is in stark contrast to the way the old crusty dudes handle their business in the NFL. But guys like Doug Pederson and McVay are the future and it’s going to be a mix of thrilling and maddening — you know, however the football bounces. In this case, the Rams didn't get the calls they needed to get and relied on chance too many times. But I don’t think McVay got “too cute.” If anything, he got “too unlucky.” McVay is a guy that’s constantly thinking of ways to outsmart the opposing team and I can’t get mad at that. More often than not, he’s going to lead the Rams to victory.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor