ESPN’s Lindsey Thiry wrote up a piece about the NFL’s MVP

in Quasselecke 12.02.2019 02:12
von panxing18 • 393 Beiträge

race John Kelly Jersey Salute to Service , and guess who came out as a favorite for the prize from the Los Angeles Rams? RB Todd Gurley II? LT Andrew Whitworth? Nope. Our favorite system QB, Jared Goff.TST has been banging the drum loudly for Jared Goff as MVP, and it’s good to hear it from ESPN:Goff has the numbers to make a great case even with the highlight reel known as Patrick Mahomes grabbing up loads of hype in Kansas City. Once the numbers were ran, his stats are on pace with those of the past five quarterbacks to win MVP: Tom Brady, Matt Ryan, Cam Newton, Aaron Rodgers, and Papa John’s best friend, Peyton Manning.What this article really conveys is the potential that Goff is showing to the league. Yes http://www.ramsfootballauthentics.com/cooper-kupp-jersey-authentic , he looks great compared to former MVPs, but how is he doing against current MVP favorites? He’s not at the top of every statistical category, but he’s in the mix in nearly all of them. The Rams’ undefeated record seems to give Goff an advantage over Mahomes in one respect. And since Gurley is also having a great season, that impressive record could very well cloud things in the mind of voters, so who knows what will happen.I would argue that this article really puts the conventional wisdom that Mahomes is the clear favorite in the shadows. If ESPN wanted to make a similar article that was pro Mahomes for MVP, it was be equally if not more compelling. Of course, this is all hype for this Sunday’s game against former MVP Aaron Rodgers. If Goff continues to impress on the big stage, his reputation as a top quarterback will only grow larger.An ode to Los Angeles Rams P Johnny Hekker I’d like to take a moment to reflect on of the most the under-appreciated players in the NFL: Los Angeles Rams P Johnny Hekker.I know what you’re thinking. “Kristian, what do you mean underappreciated? I appreciate the hell out of him!” And I believe you! You http://www.ramsfootballauthentics.com/aaron-donald-jersey-authentic , dear reader, are a Rams fan. You and I have experienced a prolonged period where the best unit the Rams would field on Sundays was the Special Teams unit. A lot of that is thanks to the very capable abilities of Special Teams Coach John Fassel, but Hekker’s contributions are tremendous.When our offense was terrible, he gave our defense a fighting chance by literally flipping the field, kicking punts as far as 78 yards. I’m going to give you a second to take that in. And punting isn’t his only skill, he can throw the ball too. He’s got an overall 60% completion rate and a career 112.4 passer rating. To compare, Jared Goff has a 60.2% completion rate and a 90.5 passer rating. I’m not advocating for Hekker to replace Goff here (or am I?), that’d be dumb, but there is a reason why Womens Lamarcus Joyner Jersey , for a long time, Hekker has been considered the emergency QB with out reservations from anyone.And this last week, when K Greg Zuerlein had a pre-game injury against the Cardinals, it was Hekker who stepped in to make the kicks. His kick offs were great, and he made a 20 yard field goal and a point after attempt. Those aren’t Zuerlein numbers to be sure, but in a league where people paid to do nothing but kick field goals and PATs are missing left and right, that’s nothing to scoff at. When asked about it after the game Hekker said it was “A little nerve-wracking, but I’ve watched the best kicker in the NFL, week in and week out http://www.ramsfootballauthentics.com/john-johnson-jersey-authentic , watching Greg Zuerlein practice. I just tried to emulate him as best I could.”What a professional.I was hoping he’d win Special Teams player of the Week, but that went to Tennessee Titans S Dane Cruikshank for an admittedly impressive 66-yard reception and touchdown from a fake punt situation. I’m ok with that.All those words to say that in a league where it seems like all the headlines and attention go to the flashiest players and only turns to the special teams when they do badly, I wanted to heap some praise on our own #6 for being awesome.Stay awesome, J Hekk.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor