Martinez the day off before Monday’s schedule

in Events im JuZ Idstein 26.01.2019 08:18
von elaine95 • 481 Beiträge

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Bryan Mitchell has had plenty to deal with: inconsistent command Authentic Christian McCaffrey Jersey , a monthlong demotion to the minors, and stint on the disabled list with an elbow injury.Now, the 27-year-old San Diego Padres right-hander believes he’s a better pitcher for it.Mitchell struck out seven in 8 2/3 strong innings, Jose Pirela had a homer among his three hits, and the Padres defeated the San Francisco Giants 5-0 Monday night.“I didn’t plan for this year to go the way it had, but it’s kind of been a learning experience in a sense,” Mitchell said. “I’m definitely a different pitcher than I was.”All indications are that he’s a better pitcher.The Giants lost their fifth straight game hours after the team announced the dismissal of general manager Bobby Evans. The move comes amid a Giants team freefall.San Francisco is four years removed from winning their fourth World Series championship in five years, and in the last week of its second consecutive losing season.The Giants are 4-17 in September Baker Mayfield Jersey Elite , and 166-225 since taking a 53-73 record (best in the majors at the time) into the 2016 All-Star break.“I thanked (Evans) for all his help,” Giants manager Bruce Bochy said.“Twenty-five years here shows you the continuity we have here in San Francisco. He did a lot to help out in different areas. He wore some different hats here and did a lot for the organization.”Mitchell (2-4) walked just three in what was by far his best start of an uneven season that included a stint on the DL with right elbow impingement.He also spent a month retooling his pitching repertoire at Triple-A El Paso, where he developed a sinker he’s now using to attack hitters.“The curveball’s always been my best pitch and it’s been kind of elusive all year. It’s been an adjustment to work without that,” Mitchell said.Mitchell came to the Padres in an offseason trade with the New York Yankees that also brought Chase Headley.Mitchell had never thrown a complete game in his 19 previous career starts. He’d walked 40 in 64 1/3 innings going into Monday.His single-game innings pitched and strikeout totals were both career highs.“That’s the best he’s been on a big league mound,” Padres manager Andy Green said.Mitchell was within a pitch of what would have been his first career complete game, let alone a shutout.But with two on and two out in the ninth, Mitchell walked Gorkys Hernandez on his 118th pitch.Green then summoned Kirby Yates, who struck Austin Slater for the final out.Jose Pirela homered off Giants starter Derek Holland (7-9) to lead off the fourth. His fourth homer gave the Padres a 3-0 lead.Pirela has 26 hits and 13 RBI in his career against the Giants http://www.billscheapshop.com/cheap-authentic-tre_davious-white-jersey , more than against any other team.Franmil Reyes had two hits and two RBI, and Wil Myers had two hits and two runs scored.Francia Mejia doubled with one out in the top of the second and scored the game’s first run on Manual Margot’s single.Reyes singled in a run in the third and Hunter Renfroe singled in a run in a two-run sixth inning off Ty Blach.Holland gave up three runs on eight hits and two walks in five innings.“That could have been my last start. I’m not really sure,” Holland said. “It’s kind of not the way I really wanted to go out, but at the same time I did achieve a lot this year and I feel very happy with that.”DIALED INThe Padres have 19 home runs and 171 hits at AT&T Park since the start of 2017, more than any other visiting team over that stretch.UP NEXTLHP Robbie Erlin (4-7, 4.33 ERA) is 1-3 with a 5.64 ERA in eight appearances (five starts) against San Francisco. RHP Chris Stratton (10-10, 4.88) is 2-3 with a 4.70 ERA in five games (four starts) against San Diego.__ ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — Blake Snell had his best fastball and that was more than enough against baseball’s best team.The All-Star lefty pitched two-hit ball over six innings and the Tampa Bay Rays won their eighth straight game Sunday http://www.pantherscheapshop.com/cheap-authentic-christian-mccaffrey-jersey , beating Boston 9-1 to hand the major league-leading Red Sox their first sweep of the season.“There was a lot of energy today,” Boston manager Alex Cora said, “but the guy on the mound sucked it up.”Snell (16-5) allowed one run and struck out eight. He has given up no more than one earned run in 14 consecutive starts at home, and he has a 1.08 ERA in four outings against the Red Sox this year.“I almost have to tell myself to wake up over there. He’s so good I feel like I don’t even have to do much,” Rays third baseman Matt Duffy said. “I’m just kind of chillin’ over there. I’ve got a really good seat for the game. When he pitches I go, ‘OK, wake up, the ball might come your way — if they make contact with it.'”Boston (90-42) has lost six of eight and was outscored 24-5 in the three-game set.Duffy had three hits and drove in two runs for the surprising Rays http://www.clevelandbrownsteamonline.com/baker-mayfield-jersey , who completed their first undefeated homestand of more than one series. They won all seven games against the Royals and Red Sox, and are nine games above .500 (70-61) for the first time since June 2015.“For us to do it against Kansas City and then Boston, the best team in the league right now, to be able to do that to them says a lot about our team,” Snell said. “I’m excited to be in this clubhouse with these guys.”Red Sox starter Nathan Eovaldi, acquired from the Rays in a July 25 trade, gave up hits to the first three batters he faced and fell behind 2-0.Kevin Kiermaier’s two-run triple was the fourth hit off Eovaldi in a three-run third that left Tampa Bay with a 5-0 lead.“They’re a very streaky team,” Eovaldi said. “They’ve had their ups and downs. Right now they’re swinging the bats as well as anybody. The pitching has been pretty good all year.”Eovaldi (5-6) dropped to 2-2 with Boston. He gave up six runs — five earned — and eight hits in four innings while striking out five. In his last four starts Authentic Baker Mayfield Jersey , the right-hander has allowed 35 hits in 17 innings.TWO-DAY BREAKCora said he never reconsidered his plan to give slugger J.D. Martinez the day off before Monday’s scheduled open date. “We haven’t done two days off with him the whole season,” Cora said. “With him it’s about the mechanics — he’s always afraid that he’s going lose it. But I think at this stage, two days will benefit him.”TRAINER’S ROOMRed Sox: LHP Eduardo Rodriguez (right ankle sprain) will attempt to pitch six innings in a rehab start Monday. … RHP Steven Wright (left knee inflammation) will throw to catcher Christian Vazquez (broken finger) at Triple-A Pawtucket on Tuesday.Rays: Manager Kevin Cash said OF Mallex Smith (viral infection) is “doing considerably better” and was expected to be released from the hospital Sunday. Cash has no timetable but didn’t rule out Smith, who was hospitalized Friday, from playing again early next month.UP NEXTRed Sox: RHP Brian Johnson will pitch Tuesday night in the first of two home games against the Miami Marlins.Rays: After their first day off in two weeks, the Rays open a two-game series in Atlanta on Tuesday night. Ryne Stanek will start.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor