y breathing, especially when taking a deep breath. He will have an MRI on Saturday and will be re-evaluated by the training staf

in Events im JuZ Idstein 26.01.2019 08:00
von elaine95 • 481 Beiträge

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Dodgers have seen the future and it’s ace-in-the-making Walker Buehler.Except they need him to deliver now.Buehler will try to yank Los Angeles out of a 2-0 deficit against the Boston Red Sox when the World Series shifts to Dodger Stadium for Game 3 on Friday.Clearly Travis Shaw Jersey , the Dodgers trust their 24-year-old rookie.He led them to a victory over Colorado in Game 163 that clinched Los Angeles’ sixth straight NL West title.The right-hander also pitched well in Game 7 of the NL Championship Series against Milwaukee.Now, the pressure is on the calm and confident kid from Kentucky horse country to keep them out of a potential 3-0 hole.“It’s a little bit different than a Game 7 tomorrow,” Buehler said Thursday, “but at the same time there’s a little bit of backs-against-the-wall-type of scenario.”Since starting the season at Triple-A Oklahoma City, Buehler has impressed as the heir apparent to three-time NL Cy Young Award winner Clayton Kershaw, who could opt out of the final two years of his contract after the World Series.“Walker is a tremendous talent,” Kershaw said after the NL tiebreaker game. “His competitiveness is off-the-charts, his ability is off-the-charts.”Buehler was 8-5 with a 2.62 ERA and 151 strikeouts in 24 regular-season appearances, including one in relief. He was especially good down the stretch with a 1.55 ERA over his last 12 starts.He’s been the Dodgers’ strongest pitcher in the postseason, even if his numbers don’t back that up. He’s 0-1 with a 5.40 ERA and at least seven strikeouts in each of his three starts.In Game 163 at home, Buehler tossed one-hit ball into the seventh inning and didn’t allow anyone past second base against the Rockies in 90-degree heat. Similar conditions are expected Friday in stark contrast to the chill that permeated Fenway Park for the series’ first two games. Buehler’s had one bad inning: Game 3 of the NL Division Series at Atlanta. With Braves fans getting rowdy, he served up a grand slam to Ronald Acuna Jr. in the second.But he immediately settled down and didn’t allow a baserunner over the next three innings to help preserve the bullpen. In all, he gave up five runs on two hits and three walks in five innings.“Anytime you’re in situations like that, the more that you can get there and live it yourself, I think does nothing but help you,” he said.Buehler struck out eight over seven innings of four-run ball in Game 3 of the NLCS at Dodger Stadium Paul Molitor Jersey , but took a 4-0 loss. He was cool on the road in Game 7, allowing only a homer to Christian Yelich and no walks in 4 2/3 innings.“To be in a hostile, really boisterous crowd in Milwaukee and for him to keep his composure and to execute pitches speaks a lot to him, not only to compete but to eliminate kind of the outside noise and still stay within a game plan,” manager Dave Roberts said. “It just shows a lot of moxie.”The Red Sox counter with right-hander Rick Porcello, who is 1-0 in two starts this postseason. He’s also appeared twice as a reliever, with Boston winning in each of his appearances.The Dodgers could use some innings out of Buehler after neither Kershaw nor Hyun-Jin Ryu made it out of the fifth in the first two games of the best-of-seven series.“We expect Walker to go out there and pitch well and keep us in the game,” Roberts said, “and offensively we’ve got to go out there and get a lead.”Back in a National League ballpark, Buehler will be batting, too. He already has first professional RBI, having singled in the NL tiebreaker game.Buehler and his fastball that touches the high 90s will be taking on a big-hitting Boston lineup for the first time in his career.“He’s got weapons to attack particular hitter’s weakness and also go to his strengths,” Roberts said. “But the number one thing with Walker is that when he’s good, he’s got good fastball command.”Buehler has been through a lot in his young career. Drafted by Pittsburgh in 2012, he instead chose to attend Vanderbilt and helped the Commodores to the 2014 College World Series title.The Dodgers drafted him the following year and he received a $1.7 million signing bonus. Soon after, he had Tommy John surgery and was sidelined for 1 ½ years. He finally made his pro debut in August 2016 and was quickly promoted through the minors.The Dodgers called him up in September 2017 and he earned his first major league victory two weeks later.In May http://www.brewersfanproshop.com/authentic-robin-yount-jersey , Buehler had a no-hitter through six innings against San Diego but Roberts pulled him after 93 pitches. Still, he was part of the first combined no-hitter in franchise history.In June, he briefly went on the disabled list after taking a comebacker in the ribs. Yet like his team, Buehler didn’t stay down for long. He came back less than a week later to make his lone relief appearance.The Dodgers have played from behind all season, and the World Series is proving to be no different.“Now it’s time to get back to where we need to be,” Buehler said. KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — It has been one rough year for the Kansas City Royals.Not this night, though. This one was fun.Salvador Perez capped Kansas City’s five-run ninth inning with a game-ending grand slam, lifting the Royals to an 8-4 victory over the Minnesota Twins on Friday.Rosell Herrera sparked the winning rally with a one-out double off Trevor Hildenberger (4-4), who took over as Minnesota’s closer after Fernando Rodney was traded to Oakland last month. Whit Merrifield followed with an RBI single and advanced to third on Adalberto Mondesi’s base hit.Manager Paul Molitor then put in Logan Forsythe, giving the Twins five infielders, and Alex Gordon was intentionally walked to load the bases. But Perez thwarted the strategy with a drive to center for his 26th homer.“I was sitting on a slider,” Perez said. “It surprised me a lot when he threw me a fastball first pitch right down the middle, but after that I was just trying to do my best to put the ball in play and see what happens.”The Twins’ loss lowered Cleveland’s magic number for clinching the AL Central title to one.“We know Perez is a Twins killer and all those kind of things, but it would have been a little bit trickier to try to find a way to do that with Gordon,” Molitor said. “So Matt Garza Jersey , we went ahead and gave it a shot and he did a good job of fouling off some tough pitches and working it to 3-2, and we had to throw a strike.”It was Perez’s second career game-ending homer and the sixth game-ending slam in Royals history. Perez said he was so focused on trying to hit the ball in the air he didn’t realize there were five infielders until the third pitch.“As soon as I hit it, I knew we were going to bring him in (with the winning run),” Perez said. “If it had hit the wall, I didn’t care. I just wanted to win. But as soon as I saw the ball going, I got more excited.”Last-place Kansas City improved to 12-2 in its last 14 home games after going 11-35 at Kauffman Stadium before the All-Star break.“It’s getting fun again,” Royals manager Ned Yost said. “For a while, it wasn’t a whole lot of fun, but you just keep your head up and keep working. But it’s starting to get fun again.”Perez also had an RBI single in the first inning and Mondesi connected for his eighth homer in the seventh, a 437-foot drive into the right-field fountains. Jason Hammel (3-13) pitched a scoreless inning for the win.Robbie Grossman and Willians Astudillo each had three hits for Minnesota, which also dropped the opener of the four-game set on Thursday.Joe Mauer had a run-scoring double in the Twins’ three-run fifth, and Astudillo made it 4-2 when he singled in Grossman in the seventh.But Mondesi went deep in the bottom half of the inning and the Royals nearly tied it in the eighth. Ryan O’Hearn tried to score from first on Jorge Bonifacio’s two-out double, but Astudillo made a diving tag to get him at the plate.“That was a great send right there,” Yost said. “You hate the outcome. You don’t really want him thrown out, but I’m thinking if I’m coaching at third base I’m sending him right there, too. You’ve got to make them make that play.”Minnesota wasted a solid start by Jose Berrios http://www.brewersfanproshop.com/authentic-stephen-vogt-jersey , who struck out nine while pitching six innings of two-run ball.Kansas City right-hander Jorge Lopez was charged with three runs and nine hits in 4 1/3 innings. He departed with a left rib contusion after a fourth-inning collision with third baseman Hunter Dozier.“He hit me right here in the chest,” Lopez said, lifting his shirt to reveal a bandage just below his left pectoral muscle. “I just reacted to that ball and didn’t know he was going to go that far. I should not be there.”WORTH NOTINGMauer’s double was his 598th extra-base hit, breaking a tie with Tony Oliva for fourth place on the Twins’ career list. He trails only Harmon Killebrew (728), Kirby Puckett (687) and Kent Hrbek (623).TRAINER’S ROOMRoyals: After taking Dozier’s shoulder to the ribs, Lopez said he started having difficulty breathing, especially when taking a deep breath. He will have an MRI on Saturday and will be re-evaluated by the training staff.Twins: C Mitch Garver (head) remained sidelined for a second straight game while he awaits clearance from the training staff after taking a foul ball off the facemask, but he did hit in the cage before Friday’s game. “I think that’s another step forward today,” Molitor said. … 3B Miguel Sano (lower left leg) was expected to work in the batting cage for a second consecutive day, but he remains out indefinitely.UP NEXTRoyals RHP Ian Kennedy (1-8, 4.92 ERA) will make his second start since returning from the disabled list and second straight start against the Twins, who send RHP Chase De Jong (0-0, 0.00) to the mound for his second appearance since a July 30 trade with the Seattle Mariners.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor