among NL rookies with six wins

in Events im JuZ Idstein 22.11.2018 04:24
von elaine95 • 481 Beiträge

With a chance to opt out of his current contract and hit free agency this winter Nick Williams Jersey , David Price appears to be in it for the long haul with the Boston Red Sox.The veteran southpaw was recently asked if he plans to test the open market after this season, and he made it clear that he doesn't see a point in doing so."Why would I think about that?" Price said, per Christopher Smith of MassLive.com. "... Go to a lesser team. For what?Why would I leave here to go to a team that's not as good as this team? I came here to win. I don't worry about all the other stuff. Just come here to win. We're going to have a really good chance to do that."The 33-year-old still has four years and $127 million remaining on theseven-year, $217 millionmegadealhe signed back in December 2015.Price's time in Boston did not get off to a smooth start. While he went 17-9 in his first season in a Red Sox uniform, his earned run average ballooned to 3.99, the highest since his first full year in the majors. Then, he had a number of clashes with the Boston media, as detailed by Boston.com'sNikDeCosta-Klipa.To make matters worse, the $217 million pitcher has continued to struggle in the postseason. He is just 1-3 in seven playoff appearances with the Red Sox, with the lone victory coming in a relief outing. He is 0-8 with a 5.74 ERA in nine career postseason starts, numbers that have drawn the ire of Boston fans.However, Price is in the midst of the best season of his Red Sox career to date. He is 14-6 with a 3.57 ERA and a 1.13 WHIP while striking out 162 batters in 158.2 innings. Since the All-Star break, he is 4-0 with a 1.78 ERA in eight starts.A hot stretch like that could tempt Price to see if he could cash in even more. But as he noted Tommy Joseph Jersey , he wants to win a World Series.With Price, Chris Sale,MookieBetts and J.D. Martinez leading the way, Boston (99-46) appears to be the favorite as it continues to run away with the best record in the majors. On Tuesday, the Red Sox became the first team to clinch aplayoffberth.A strong postseason performance that results in a championship could give Price something to think about. Then again, after many of last year's free agents struggled to find contracts, it may be tough for Price鈥攅specially at his age鈥攖o cash in even more regardless of how he pitches the rest of the season. DENVER — German Marquez, a 23-year-old right-hander who has been dominant in recent starts, will take the mound Tuesday for the Colorado Rockies against the San Francisco Giants.After coming back to win 9-8 on Monday, the Rockies will be trying to clinch the three-game series behind Marquez, who will face the Giants for the first time this year.Dereck Rodriguez, 26, who made his major league debut May 29 at Coors Field in a relief appearance http://www.philliesfanproshop.com/authentic-clay-buchholz-jersey , will make his first start there and first start against the Rockies.Article continues below ...Marquez is 11-9, 4.11, and Rodriguez is 6-2, 2.47. In three starts against the Giants, Marquez is 0-2, 8.79,Marquez is coming off a no-decision Thursday at San Diego that included a career-high 13 strikeouts in eight innings, while allowing two hits, two runs and one walk before the Rockies lost 3-2 in 13 innings.He has pitched at least seven innings in six of his past seven starts. During that stretch, Marquez is 3-1, 2.17 with 10 walks and 61 strikeouts in 49 2/3 innings. He allowed 31 hits, including just three home runs, while holding opposing hitters to a .177 average and a .514 OPS.“I think pitch-to-pitch adjustments Aaron Altherr Jersey , that’s the biggest thing,” said Rockies catcher Tony Wolters, who has been behind the plate recently with Marquez. “He’ll like not feel good on one of them and he’ll know exactly what it is. He’s not going to have four, five, six pitches in a row where it’s, ‘What the heck is going on?’ He needs to stay with his routine, keep knowing his major keys — stay tall, his direction and tempo — knowing how to get out of the bad feelings and just (continue) executing.”Marquez now throws a two-seam fastball with movement in addition to a four-seam fastball that touches 98 mph. He has improved his slider, which recently has been the pitch he has thrown best for strikes and has a dependable changeup in addition to a curveball that he has thrown effectively since his days in the minors.“He feels confident with throwing all of his pitches in different counts,” Wolters said. “So, he can really mess with a lineup. The second go-around, the third go-around, he brings his changeup more. We’ll mix and match pitches with our game plans. We can mess with people http://www.philliesfanproshop.com/authentic-chase-utley-jersey , because he has all four pitches.”The Giants are 9-5 in starts by Rodriguez, whose father is Hall of Fame catcher Ivan ‘Pudge’ Rodriguez. He has allowed 69 hits and just five home runs in 91 innings. In his last start Wednesday at Arizona, Rodriguez gave up three runs on five hits and four walks in five innings with three strikeouts and took the loss as the Giants fell 3-1. That start snapped a streak of nine straight starts in which Rodriguez allowed two or fewer runs.He leads major league rookie pitchers with a 2.47 ERA and is tied for fourth among NL rookies with six wins and ranks second with an opponent’s batting average of .207.“It’s a little different mindset,” Rodriguez said, harkening back to late May, when he joined the Giants here. “You’ve been around for three months already, so you kind of have an idea of what to expect.”Rodriguez has been a godsend for the Giants, who have lost pitchers Johnny Cueto and Jeff Samardzija to injuries and were without ace Madison Bumragner until June.Rodriguez began his career in the Minnesota organization and left the Twins to sign with the Giants as a minor league free agent last winter; hence what he has done for the Giants comes as a surprise, at least to those outside the organization.“I guess so,” Rodriguez said. “I wasn’t on nobody’s radar. I was stuck in Double-A with the Twins. But that’s the good thing about this game is that every year’s different. Every day’s different.“My mentality going into the offseason was just to weigh my options and see what happens, whatever team decides to pick me up and see what opportunity they want to give me. It worked out really well here.”

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor