we need to go out and prove it

in Quasselecke 12.11.2018 04:43
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.650 Beiträge

BALTIMORE -- A game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens usually features hard hits, flying helmets and a pivotal play in the final minutes. Bradley Pinion Jersey . The clash between these AFC North rivals on Thursday night had all that -- and so much more. A coach on the field during a kick return, two touchdowns erased by replay and an inexplicable botched field goal were among the highlights and lowlights in Baltimores 22-20 Thanksgiving victory. Justin Tucker kicked five field goals, and Baltimore snuffed a conversion pass with 1:03 left to avenge last months loss to their division rivals. After Pittsburgh scored on a 1-yard touchdown pass from Ben Roethlisberger to Jerricho Cotchery to make it 22-20, Roethlisbergers 2-point conversion pass slipped through the hands of Emmanuel Sanders, who was screened by Chykie Brown. "Ben gave me a good ball," Sanders said. "It hit my hands, and Ive got to make the play. Its not on him. Its on me." The ensuing onside kick didnt travel the required 10 yards, and that left Baltimore to merely run out the clock to end Pittsburghs three-game winning streak. "Its never over when you play the Steelers, its never over when you play the Ravens. Thats why these games are so great," Baltimore coach John Harbaugh said. The victory provided the Ravens (6-6) with their first winning streak since September and pushed the defending Super Bowl champions ahead of the Steelers (5-7) and four other teams in the race for the final wild-card slot in the AFC. "Were in control of our destiny," Harbaugh said. "I feel like were a really good football team; we need to go out and prove it." It was the fifth straight game between the teams decided by three points or fewer. Pittsburgh appeared to score twice in the closing minutes, but on each occasion the touchdown was overturned by a replay. On the first one, tight end Heath Miller was ruled down inside the 1. On the second, running back LeVeon Bell lost his helmet on a crushing tackle by Jimmy Smith and the ball was ruled dead just short of the goal line. The game was delayed while Bell and Smith lay on the ground. Two plays later, Roethlisberger hit a wide-open Cotchery on fourth down. Tucker connected on kicks of 43, 34, 38, 45 and 48 yards after Joe Flacco threw a first-quarter touchdown pass to Torrey Smith. Flacco went 24 for 35 for 251 yards. "There were so many opportunities for us to go out there and get points and win, just big, and put the game away and we didnt do it," Flacco said. "In the back of your mind youre thinking, Man, this is going to catch up to us." Roethlisberger was 28 for 44 for 257 yards and two TDs. Baltimore didnt get a sack and didnt force a turnover, but played well enough to bottle up Roethlisberger and the Steelers for the majority of the game. Down 19-7, the Steelers mounted a 60-yard drive aided by two penalties and got a 1-yard touchdown run by Bell to close to 19-14 with 9:32 to go. It was only the second rushing TD allowed by the Ravens this season. Tucker answered with a field goal, but Roethlisberger mounted a 79-yard drive to set the stage for the hectic finish. The Ravens opened the second half with a 52-yard drive that ended in a field goal for a 13-0 lead. Smith caught two passes on third down to keep the drive alive. Pittsburgh answered with an 80-yard march that began with a 21-yard completion from Roethlisberger to Miller, and included a 43-yard run by Bell to the Baltimore 8. On third down, Sanders got free in the end zone for an 8-yard score -- only the fourth touchdown allowed by the Ravens in six home games. Jacoby Jones took the ensuing kickoff 73 yards to the Pittsburgh 27, setting up a 38-yard field goal that made it 16-7. Jones sprinted down the left side and nearly ran into Steelers coach Mike Tomlin, who stepped out of the way at the last second. "I always watch the returns on the Jumbotron. It provides a better perspective for me," Tomlin said. "I lost my placement as he broke free and saw at the last second how close I was to the field of play." Jones said: "I dont blame other peoples actions. I still should have scored." After a Pittsburgh punt, Flacco escaped pressure to complete a 34-yard pass to Jones, and Tucker put the Ravens up by 12 with 13:59 remaining. That would be Baltimores final score, and it proved to be just enough for a much-needed victory. Baltimore limited the Steelers to 98 yards in taking a 10-0 halftime lead. Baltimore moved 71 yards on its first drive to take a 7-0 lead on a 7-yard touchdown pass to Smith. The play came after Smith hauled in a 54-yard pass from Flacco to the Pittsburgh 1. There were three scuffles after the whistle in the first quarter, but peace was restored before things got out of hand. Pittsburghs third drive ended with a curious, aborted field-goal try. Shaun Suisham was poised to kick a 50-yarder, but his approach began well before the snap and he didnt follow through. Holder Mat McBriar flipped an impromptu lateral to Suisham, who was tackled for a 12-yard loss. "Our timing was really off," Suisham said. The Ravens then took advantage of a 26-yard pass interference call against Ike Taylor to go up 10-0. Notes: The Steelers reported several injuries, including Bell (concussion), DE Brett Keisel (foot), G Kelvin Beachum (knee), OT Mike Adams (ankle), G David DeCastro (foot), OL Fernando Velasco (ankle). ... Baltimores streak of sacks in 22 straight games ended. Marquise Goodwin Jersey . His big 2-minute outburst in the fourth quarter Tuesday night is all that really mattered for the Dallas Mavericks. Jimmy Garoppolo Jersey . Dirk Nowitzki scored 25 points, Shawn Marion had 22 and the Mavericks beat undermanned Philadelphia 124-112 Friday night, handing the 76ers their 10th straight loss. http://www.cheap49ersjerseysonline.com/?tag=arik-armstead-jersey-online . New York then missed its next six shots and scored only two points the rest of the night. The Los Angeles Clippers defence and the Knicks general ineptitude both played a role in the unsurprising finish to a meeting of two teams headed in opposite directions.SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- For anyone figuring Vernon Davis has some catching up to do during training camp, quarterback Colin Kaepernick has no concerns. The star tight end joined the San Francisco 49ers on Wednesday after sitting out the off-season program and mandatory minicamp hoping for a new contract. "It feels great!" Davis said in a text message. "I miss these guys." Teammate C.J. Spillman first posted video of Davis arrival in the locker room. "Always great to have Vernon on the field. He looks good, excited to have him back out here," Kaepernick said. "Vernons a Pro Bowl tight end. Hes one of the best in the league. Theres not going to be too much of a fall off for him. I dont think anyones concerned about that. Were just happy hes here." Right guard Alex Boone was still a no-show as expected while he also seeks a deal with two years remaining on his contract, just like Davis. The 49ers, who lost in the NFC championship game to Seattle, hold their first full practice Thursday. The 30-year-old Davis, who had 52 catches last season and matched his career high with 13 touchdowns, typically takes about a month off following the season before he starts training again full time. He said he worked out on his own, running hills in the area. Kaepernick figured Davis would arrive on time because "Vernon is not the type of person that is going to walk out on his team like that." Boones arrival, however, could take longer. That could provide more reps on the offensive line for newcomer Jonathan Martin, who might see more time at the guard spot as he transitions in his first year with the Niners. Martin was acquired in a mid-March trade from Miami, providing him with a fresh start after his departure last October following a scandal in which he accused teammate Richie Incognito of bullying. Martin, fellow offensive lineman Adam Snyder and several others were among the first in the ice baths following their workouts Wednesday. Boone has played a key part in a vastly improved, close-knit offensive line. D.J. Jones Jersey. "Love to have him here but not going to speak on another mans business," Kaepernick said. "Thats his personal decision." As the 49ers begin another season after coming so close, defensive lineman Justin Smith acknowledged the motivation of chasing another championship in a division featuring two meetings with the Seahawks -- including on Thanksgiving night in new Levis Stadium. "You know what they do, you know the team they are," Smith said. "Theyre good, theyre the defending champs." Smith revealed he played all of last year with a shoulder injury sustained in training camp that eventually needed a clean-up procedure in the off-season. He will evaluate after the season how many years he might keep playing. "Im playing this year, thats all Im focused on," he said. "I feel healthy compared to last year. This is it. This is the one Im thinking about. This is the one our teams thinking about." Now, everybody is ready to begin again and do big things. "Its always motivation when you dont finish the season the way you want to," Kaepernick said. "I think this team has the talent, we have the coaching staff to win a Super Bowl, and now its just time to go out and do it." NOTES: In a procedural move, San Francisco placed LB NaVorro Bowman on the active/physically unable to perform list as he works back from torn anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments in his left knee and underwent surgery. He is expected to be out at least half the season. ... RB Frank Gore said isnt thinking of his 10th year in the NFL as a farewell season at age 31. "No, Im coming in to get ready to try to have a great year, try to do whatever it takes to help my team get to the Super Bowl and win a trophy," said Gore, coming off his seventh 1,000-yard season and third straight. "Thats how I approach it every year." Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Nike NHL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor