a torn tendon in his right elbow

in Quasselecke 12.11.2018 04:35
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.650 Beiträge

REGINA - Over the last few days, it looked like Saskatchewan Roughriders quarterback Darian Durant would soon be ready for game action. Chris Harris Jr Jersey . Instead his absence from the lineup will be extended a little longer. The star quarterback, who had surgery on a torn tendon in his right elbow in early September, returned to the practice field this week and participated in full workouts for the first time in nearly two months. But his name wasnt on the depth chart for Saturdays game between the Riders (9-8) and the Edmonton Eskimos (12-5) at Mosaic Stadium. Catch the game on TSN at 7pm et/4pm pt. Veteran pivot Kerry Joseph will start his third consecutive game for the Riders, who have lost five straight and six of their previous seven with the 32-year-old Durant out of the lineup. I feel Im pretty close to being myself, Durant said this week. I feel good. The ball is coming off (my hand) with some authority. My spiral is still there. Its good to know that everything was put together correctly. Earlier in the week, the chances of his return looked good. The 32-year-old quarterback ran the scout team during practices and appeared pleased with his throws. But the coaching staff decided to give Joseph the nod, with Tino Sunseri and Seth Doege serving as backups. The game will serve as a playoff tuneup for both teams as Edmonton has locked up the No. 2 seed and will host the CFL West Division semifinal. Depending on Week 20 results, Saskatchewan will either visit the Eskimos or head east as the crossover team. The torn tendon was the first major injury of Durants pro career. He wasnt sure how his body would respond after he was hurt Sept. 7 in Winnipeg. He said the injury weighed on him mentally and emotionally as he watched his teammates struggle while he was sidelined with his right arm in a sling. He said hes pleased that he could at least return to the practice field and test things out. I was a little nervous the first couple days that I got going, but its starting to come around and its starting to feel a lot better, he said. As for a potential playoff start, Durant said its a little early to entertain that thought. Just like with any other injury, you have some good days and you have some bad days, he said. I think well just wait and see how it goes, see how I feel next week and well go from there. Running back Anthony Allen, whose 849 rushing yards leads the team and ranks third in the CFL, was practising at full speed this week after sitting out the previous two weeks because of back spasms. Offensive lineman Brendon LaBatte also returned to the practice field this week. The leagues top offensive lineman a year ago missed last weeks game in Calgary with an undisclosed upper-body injury. Its really difficult for any player in this league to be fully healthy at this point in the season, said slotback Chris Getzlaf, who has been dealing with a sore quadriceps muscle for most of the season. (Last weeks bye) was a great refresher week, something that allowed us to take a little time off and work on rebuilding the body and getting it back on track. Any time you go into a bye week on the kind of streak that we were on its always much needed. Thats mentally and physically speaking, he added. When you have that time to yourself and with your family and when you have that time to rest your body I think it re-energizes anybody. Justin Simmons Jersey . But that changed when he committed a five-minute major penalty and helped pave the way for a comeback by the Philadelphia Flyers. Vincent Lecavalier scored at 2:45 of overtime and the Flyers rallied from a two-goal deficit for a 5-4 victory on Sunday. Billy Turner Jersey . The Tiger-Cats announced on Friday the linebacker has signed a new contract with the team through the 2016 season. http://www.cheapbroncosjerseyssale.com/ . Smith, an eighth overall pick, had two goals in only 276 minutes of playing time over 16 appearances last season. The left side midfielder played only 43 minutes in three games this season. ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon thought Chris Archer would be fine after getting a new contract -- and he was right. Archer threw six solid innings, Evan Longoria hit a three-run homer and the Rays split a four-game series with Toronto by beating the Blue Jays 7-2 on Thursday night. Archer (1-0) allowed two runs, four hits, two walks and had seven strikeouts. Archer and the Rays agreed to a $25.5 million, six-year deal Wednesday. "The conversations he and I have been having, I thought it was going to be OK," Maddon said. "Hes been really kind of matter-of-fact in a good way about all this stuff." Archers contract includes club options for 2020 and 2021 that could raise the value to $43.75 million. "Having it or not having a contract or money, it didnt affect me because its never been a thought in my mind when I was in between the lines," Archer said. Longoria tied Carlos Pena for first on the Rays career home run list with 163 on his seventh-inning shot off Esmil Rogers that put Tampa Bay ahead 7-2. "Its a proud moment for me because this has been my home for so long," Longoria said. Brandon Morrow (0-1) gave up four runs and seven hits over five innings in his first start since May 28. The right-hander missed the final four months last season due to an entrapped radial nerve in his right forearm. "That was a tough one where you feel like you pitched better than the line," Morrow said. "But to their credit, they didnt give away any at bats, worked counts, and found those holes when guys were on and got their runs." The Blue Jays extended their winless road series streak at Tampa Bay to 21. Since taking a series in April 2007, Toronto has lost 19 and split two road series against the Rays. "Against those four starters they threw at us, to get two wins, youve got to feel good, especially after getting knocked around a little bit that first game," Toronnto manager John Gibbons said. Karl Mecklenburg Jersey. "So well go home feeling good." Ryan Hanigan had an RBI single in the second, and Desmond Jennings hit a run-scoring double during a three-run third as the Rays took a 4-0 lead. Toronto got to 4-2 in the fourth on Dioner Navarros sacrifice fly and an RBI infield single from Brett Lawrie. Tampa Bay right fielder and 2013 AL Rookie of the Year Wil Myers was scratched from the lineup due to flulike symptoms. Infielder-outfielder Sean Rodriguez was placed on the paternity leave list for the birth of his son and infielder Vince Belnome was recalled from Triple-A Durham. With Rodriguez expected back Friday, Belnome was optioned back to Durham after the game. Rays outfielder David DeJesus returned after missing the previous two games with a bruised right foot and went 2 for 5. First listed to start in left field, DeJesus was moved to designated hitter. Gibbons wanted to challenge an out call on Lawries one-out grounder in the ninth, but was denied the opportunity because he was too late in telling the umpires of his decision. "Once the pitcher steps on the rubber and the hitter steps in the box, they nullify it," Gibbons said. "It turned out he was out, but at the time it was questionable." NOTES: Toronto closer Casey Janssen, on the 15-day disabled list due to a strain in his left abdominal area and lower back, continues throwing on level ground. The right-hander doesnt know when he will have a bullpen session. "Were just trying to work our way to the mound," Janssen said. "Want to get comfortable on flat ground." ... Tampa Bay RHP Jake Odorizzi and Texas LHP Joe Saunders will start the opener of a three-game series Friday night. ... The Blue Jays will start RHP Dustin McGowan in Friday nights home opener against the New York Yankees. Japanese star Masahiro Tanaka will make his major league debut for the Yankees. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Nike NHL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor