NFL draft: One GM faces dilemma of having to decide on picking his son

in Quasselecke 11.11.2018 09:40
von zhengpeng8899 • 29 Beiträge

NFL draft: One GM faces dilemma of having to decide on picking his son
Would you draft your son?“Absolutely,” McKenzie told USA TODAY Sports. “If it falls the way to <h2>Eddie Lacy Authentic Jersey</h2>
where it fits us, where he’s the best player at this position vs. that position, I’d do it. He’s on my board.”McKenzie has broken down the videotape and assigned grades to thousands of players while becoming established as one of the NFL’s best talent evaluators, but none of the cases have been quite like this. Not when you’ve been Kahlil’s biggest supporter at every step, essentially an extended coach.<strong style="margin-right:3px;">More: Round 2 NFL mock draft: Which QB will Patriots target as Tom Brady's successor?<strong style="margin-right:3px;">More: NFL draft winners, losers after first round: Steelers among teams who stumbleNow he’s forced to put aside emotions and family ties and view Kahlil as he would any other prospect – even though he knows his son better than <h2>Ha Ha Clinton-Dix Authentic Jersey</h2>
any prospect.With Kahlil (6-3, 314) rated as a sixth- or seventh-round pick, several teams project that his best chance to stick and thrive in the NFL would begin with a switch to guard. A blue-chip coming out of high school, Kahlil didn’t live up to his status in college. Last season marked his only season as a starter on Tennessee’s defensive line, before bypassing his final year of eligibility to enter the draft.That decision to come out early, which included deep discussions with his father, has puzzled some NFL personnel people. Another year in college might have raised his stock.“We made the decision together,” Kahlil told The NFL Network last week.Yet his father had to make a decision about his son’s NFL value without him.“I’m going to grade him like I do all the other guys,” McKenzie insisted during the combine. “The area scout will grade him, the cross-checker will grade him, then I’ll put mine on him. But it’s a weird deal, man.”And quite rare. Gil Brandt, the longtime NFL personnel guru who helped build the Dallas Cowboys into big winners (circa 1960s through early ‘80s) says he can’t <h2>Brett Favre Authentic Jersey</h2>
recall a single case where a GM of an NFL team had to weigh drafting his son.The closest example  Brandt came up with involved former coach Mike Shanahan, who carried personnel clout during stints with Denver and Washington. In 2003, when Shanahan coached the Broncos, his son Kyle (now the 49ers coach) was eligible in the draft pool as a receiver from Texas.Yet Kyle knew he wasn’t destined to play in the https://www.rodgersfanstore.com
NFL and was hardly a legitimate draft prospect. He rejected an invitation to attend the combine.Recalled Brandt: “Kyle said, 'I’m going to give that opportunity to someone else. I’m not planning on playing.'”Brandt senses the benefits Kahlil has received while observing the career of his father, in addition to what he’s https://www.rodgersfanstore.com/authentic-aaron-rodgers-jersey-sale-1_5.html picked up from his uncle Raleigh, Reggie’s twin brother and a former NFL guard who had had his heyday during the ‘80s as part of two Super Bowl championship teams.Yet Brandt also senses Reggie will strip away the emotion when it matters. McKenzie turned down a chance to return to Green Bay during the offseason, opting to work alongside unretired coach Jon Gruden.“I think Reggie is very attached to his family, but I don’t think it means anything when it comes down to the decision” Brandt said. “The harder part comes if you take him. If he’s not good enough, you have to cut him.”The past few weeks, with the draft looming, Kahlil has been living at home in the Bay Area. That not only increases the odds of bumping into one of the league’s GM’s while searching for a snack in the kitchen but also provides the opportunity to glean some inside information (“Dad, am I better suited to switch to guard?”) that could add layers to countless other nuggets Kahlil has picked up over the years about the family business.With NFL teams permitted to conduct visits at their headquarters with prospects from local schools and those to living in the area, McKenzie lined up his son for that pre-draft exposure. McKenzie figured he knew enough. He wanted to get Kahlil in front of coaches and others.“But I don’t need to interview him,” McKenzie said.Then again, at least some impressions that Kahlil makes on NFL people tends to get back to his father. During the combine, when Kahlil put up 26 reps in the 225-pound bench press, McKenzie allowed himself to beam a bit when hearing from coaches and scouts from multiple teams that his son did well during interviews.“That’s pretty cool,” McKenzie said, speaking like a proud papa.David Bakhtiari Jersey
Davante Adams White Elite Jersey
Beau Sandland Jersey
Eddie Lacy Jersey Cheap
Herb Waters Jersey
Raysean Pringle Jersey
Kalif Phillips Jersey
https://www.rodgersfanstore.com
Brett Favre Jersey Cheap
Lucas Patrick Jersey
Christian Ringo Jersey
Aaron Jones Jersey
Josh Jones Jersey
Customize Jersey
Nike Davante Adams Jersey On Sale
Kevin King Jersey
Geoff Gray Jersey
Nike Jimmy Graham Jersey On Sale
Thomas Evans Jersey

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor