Its just hard for me to even think past tonight

in Quasselecke 08.11.2018 04:48
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.650 Beiträge

DUNEDIN, Fla. Raekwon McMillan College Jersey . -- J.A. Happ offered more questions than answers Wednesday in another rocky outing for the Toronto Blue Jays. The six-foot-five left-hander, pencilled in as one of Torontos starters, lasted just 2 2/3 innings in an 11-6 Grapefruit League win over the Philadelphia Phillies. Happ threw 71 pitches, including 34 strikes in an appearance short on control on a day when pitching coach Pete Walker said the goal was "to get him in the strike zone." "Its a big start for him," Walker added. It did not go according to plan, however, on a sunny 21-degree day before 5,255 at Florida Auto Exchange Stadium. "Fortunately its not the end of the world here," Happ said. "But theyre going to count soon." On the plus side, Jays slugger Jose Bautista hit a pair of two-run homers -- his fourth and fifth home runs of the spring. And Melky Cabrera, who now has 19 hits in 45 spring at-bats, drove in two runs with two hits. And one day after being thumped 18-4 by the Detroit Tigers, the Jays (8-10) rallied from a 3-0 deficit for the win over the Phillies (5-13). With R.A. Dickey, Mark Buehrle and Brandon Morrow accounting for three-fifths of the starting rotation, the Jays have spent the spring looking for two more to join them. While Drew Hutchison has been by far the best of the rest, the Jays have so far resisted appointing him part of the rotation. Instead they have ostensibly given one of the remaining starting jobs to Happ, who has yet to provide much reason for earning it, and said the search continues to fill the final hole. Happ carried an ERA of 40.50 into Wednesdays game, having given up six runs on six hits with five walks in 1 1/3 innings over two previous spring appearances. A back problem has delayed his progress in spring training. He looked for positives in Wednesdays outing, saying the back felt fine and there were some possible minor technical fixes available. "I dont feel like Im far (from where I should be)," he told reporters. "You guys are going to take that outing for what it was and it doesnt look pretty. But pitch-wise, Im up to 70. Next time, it will be 85-90. If I still feel strong, that will be a good thing. So Im close." There seemed to be some mixed messages on Happs role before manager John Gibbons declared him part of the probable rotation. Happ dodged a question on whether he felt he had to prove something to make the rotation or whether his pedigree had already earned it. "Thats really not up for me to really answer that because that changes to whoever the bosses are," he said. "So it doesnt really matter what I think for that. "I expect to go out and be better, I know that. And hopefully these next two (outings) will be." The Jays starting pitching plans are certainly not set in stone. "We have an idea of what were going to do, but things could change," Walker said prior to Wednesdays game. Happ went 5-7 with a 4.56 ERA in 18 starts for Toronto last year in a season derailed by injury. He suffered a skull fracture and sprained right knee when he fell to the ground after getting hit with a liner by Desmond Jennings on May 7. He returned to action Aug. 7. Happ did not help his cause Wednesday when he gave up three runs on three hits, walking four and striking out two. He lived dangerously early, putting the leadoff batters on base the first two innings and often going behind in the count. He paid for it in the second, loading the bases on a single and two walks. With two outs, he was 0-2 on Ben Revere but the Phillies leadoff hitter worked the count to 3-2 and then emptied the bases with a double to the left-field fence. Happ got the first two outs in the third but then yielded a walk and a single before giving way to Sergio Santos. Toronto went ahead 4-3 in the third on an RBI double by Jose Reyes, sacrifice fly by Cabrera and two-run homer by Bautista. The Jays sent 10 men to the plate, leaving the bases loaded. The Phillies pulled even with two outs in the fourth when No. 9 hitter Cody Asche hit a solo shot to centre off Santos. Cabrera added an RBI single and Adam Lind a two-run double in the fourth for a 7-4 lead. Bautistas second homer made it 9-4 in the sixth. A Ryan Goins triple increased the lead to 10-4 in the seventh. Philadelphia pulled two back in the seventh against reliever Aaron Loup. The Jays added a run in the eighth on a Dan Johnson RBI single. Phillies starter Roberto Hernandez had his own troubles on the day, before exiting with one out in the fourth. He gave up seven earned runs on 11 hits with one walk and two strikeouts. The 33-year-old right-hander from the Dominican Republic, who was 6-13 with a 4.89 ERA last season for Tampa Bay, cruised through the first two innings and then crumbled in the third and fourth. Previously known as Fausto Carmona, Hernandez came to the Phillies in December on a US$4.5 million, one-year contract. He made headlines in January 2012 when he was arrested on charges of falsifying his identity that were later dropped. Major League Baseball suspended him for three weeks. NOTES -- Earlier Wednesday, the Jays assigned left-hander Ricky Romero and right-hander Marcus Stroman to their minor-league complex. Both were shelled in an 18-4 loss to the Detroit Tigers on Tuesday ... Toronto entered Wednesdays games with 74 walks in spring training, worst among American League teams. Curtis Samuel College Jersey .com) - Bradley Beals 22 points and seven rebounds helped the Washington Wizards erase a halftime deficit and top the Utah Jazz, 93-84, on Sunday. Mike Weber Jr. College Jersey .com) - Delon Wright scored 17 points and No. http://www.cheapohiostatejerseys.com/ .com) - Ryan Johansens creative moves and hometown appeal highlighted Team Folignos successful night at the NHL All- Star Skills Competition.NEW YORK, N.Y. - In nearly 800 NBA regular-games, Carmelo Anthony had never played in one like this. It didnt matter. Eliminated from post-season contention for the first time in his 11-year career, Anthony said it was tough even coming to the arena on Sunday night. "But mentally, you just had to put yourself in that mindset. Although youre not playing for nothing, if you suit up, youve still got to go out there and play ball," Anthony said. He and the Knicks did it well, getting 20 points from Tim Hardaway Jr. and beating the Chicago Bulls 100-89. No longer with any hopes of their own, the Knicks snapped the Bulls seven-game winning streak and dropped them back into a tie with Toronto for the No. 3 seed in the Eastern Conference with two to play. "We let a big game slip tonight. It was probably the biggest game of the season," Bulls centre Joakim Noah said. "Disappointing the way our mentality wasnt good today, but overall we just wont have time, just got to let this one go, get ready tomorrow." Anthony and J.R. Smith each had 17 points for the Knicks, who were eliminated Saturday when Atlanta beat Miami, ending New Yorks run of three straight post-season berths. Anthonys first season without a post-season comes as he prepares to become a free agent in July. He had a hard time looking ahead beyond the next two games — which he isnt even sure he will play in because of nagging shoulder pain that he might get checked. "Its just hard for me to even think past tonight, right now, at this moment," Anthony said. "Everything is just, for me, just cloudy. Ive never been in this situation before. I dont even know what to say about this situation." A 54-win division champion last season, they believed they were built to play deep into the spring, so confident in what they had that Amare Stoudemire said the expectations should have been even higher. "On paper, we might be the best team in the league," he said before the game. "Weve got great players on this team whove accomplished so much. We just couldnt put it toogether. Throwback Ohio State Jerseys. " Noah had 13 points, 17 rebounds and nine assists for the Bulls. Jimmy Butler scored 17 points, but Chicago was just 6 of 22 (27 per cent) from 3-point range. "Defensively, we werent very good," Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau said. "I liked the fight to come back. I thought we made some good plays down the stretch and we missed some wide-open 3s that you live with." The Knicks led 45-39 at halftime, then Smith hit consecutive 3-pointers and Raymond Felton made one for a 9-0 spurt that opened a 60-46 advantage, and the lead reached 67-50 when Anthony nailed a 3. Chicago was down 17 again with 7 1/2 minutes to play before finally making a push, cutting it to 93-87 when Taj Gibsons three-point play capped a 15-4 run. But they repeatedly misfired from the perimeter, preventing them from getting any closer. The Knicks have played well in March and April, beating Toronto on Friday, but its too late after they had already fallen to 21-40. "Being the coach, I just apologize to the fans, because again, they pay their hard-earned money to come out and see us play and we didnt come into this season expecting this," Knicks coach Mike Woodson said. Whatever expectations the Bulls had were gone after Derrick Rose was lost to season-ending knee surgery in late November and Luol Deng was traded on Jan. 7. But Chicago has not only regrouped but flourished, bringing an Eastern Conference-best 35-14 mark in 2014 into Sundays play. But they will need help now — perhaps from the Knicks, who host Toronto in Wednesdays finale — to get the No. 3 spot, since the Raptors would get the tiebreaker as a division champion. Chicago closes against Orlando on Monday and at Charlotte on Wednesday. Notes: The game was originally scheduled for a 1 p.m. start and be shown nationally on ABC, but was booted shortly after the Bulls 109-90 rout of the Knicks in Chicago on March 2. The Indiana-Oklahoma City game was shifted to that marquee spot. ... Chicago was trying for its first eight-game winning streak since Feb. 20-March 7, 2012. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Nike NHL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor