small-market Rays to four

in Quasselecke 07.11.2018 06:44
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.650 Beiträge

ALAMEDA, Calif. Johnathan Joseph Jersey . - After watching fellow receivers Cris Carter and Andre Reed get that coveted Pro Football Hall of Fame call the past two years, Tim Brown hopes its finally time for his number to be called.Brown is a finalist for a sixth straight year since first becoming eligible in 2010 and only has one other receiver to compete with in Marvin Harrison.I really think, not that this is my best shot, but now that Im the veteran guy in the receiving group, Im hoping that I will get a little bit more favour this time when it comes to this deal, Brown said. Well see what happens.Brown watched former teammate Jerry Rice get the honour in 2010 when Brown was first on the ballot. Then he became a casualty of a glut of qualified receivers with none getting enough support from the 46-person panel the next two seasons,But with Carter going in in 2013 and Reed last year, there is less competition for Brown and Harrison when the panel sits down to vote on Saturday in Arizona.Certainly the logjam is not the same, Brown said. Obviously, Marvin Harrison is out there, so thats one guy, not two guys.Brown called the process of waiting for the Hall of Fame gut wrenching and said it has been much harder on his close friends and family than on him.Making the wait more grueling is the fact that Brown has seen some of the most influential people in his life — his father, former teammate Chester McGlockton and Raiders owner Al Davis — die during this time, denying them the chance to witness the honour if it comes.Those are three people that I wont get an opportunity to shake their hand and get a congratulations from them, he said. Those are things that I dont get the opportunity to enjoy. So from that standpoint, you cant get those moments back. Will it be sweeter than it would have been? Absolutely not. Ive said that since the day I lost those guys that not having those guys around, its going to make this process — even once you get in — its going to make it bittersweet.Brown, a Heisman Trophy winner at Notre Dame, arrived in the NFL in 1988 as a first-round pick of the Los Angeles Raiders. He had a prolific 17-year career, spending all but one of his seasons with the Raiders.He is the NFLs fifth all-time leading receiver with 1,094 catches, sixth in yardage (14,934) and tied for seventh in touchdown catches with 100. He also had 3,320 yards on punt returns and 1,235 yards on kickoff returns, with his 19,682 all-purpose yards ranking fifth all-time.For me, I think the one thing that I am proud of is the fact that no matter who the quarterback was, who the GM was, who the offensive co-ordinator was, I was able to go out and put up numbers, he said. Thats the one thing that I am super proud of and the one thing that I think sets me apart from anybody that is out there.Brown said he tried to leave the Raiders at one point to become teammates with John Elway on the Broncos but Davis wouldnt let him leave. While Brown wonders what would have happened if he had gotten the chance to play with a quarterback like Elway, he said hes happy he stayed with the Raiders for nearly his entire career.The Raiders rarely surrounded Brown with great offensive players in his tenure until late in his career when he got to play with Rice and Rich Gannon. His other quarterbacks during his career were players like Jeff Hostetler, Jay Schroeder, Jeff George, Vince Evans and Donald Hollas.Thats the one point Brown said he would like voters to remember on Saturday.I would ask them one question, You name one other receiver that was willing to trade positions with Tim Brown? Name one guy that would say, Ill give up Peyton Manning, Ill give up (Joe) Montana, (Steve) Young, Brown said. Jerry and I have had this conversation for years. Michael Irvin and I had that conversation for years. I used to ask him all the time at the Pro Bowl, You want to switch with me? Cmon, switch with me. But he would never take me up on that offer. (laughing) I probably did it the hard way.___Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Aaron Colvin Jersey . Schaub will start for an injured Case Keenum and try to help the Texans end a 12-game skid. Schaubs last action in Houston came when he took over late in a game against Oakland on Nov. 17 as Keenum was struggling. Tyler Ervin Jersey .com) - Nino Williams posted 18 points and seven rebounds, as Kansas State edged No. http://www.cheaptexansjerseyssale.com/?tag=seantrel-henderson-jersey-sale . - San Diego Padres centre fielder Cameron Maybin is going to be out two to three months after rupturing his left biceps tendon during a game against the Los Angeles Dodgers on Sunday.Chicago, IL (SportsNetwork.com) - The Chicago Cubs formally ushered in another new era by introducing former Tampa Bay Rays skipper Joe Maddon as their new manager on Monday. The team also announced that Maddon agreed to a five-year contract in which financial terms were not disclosed, though ESPN reported the deal to be worth $25 million and includes incentives tied to making the postseason. The Cubs moved quickly to obtain Maddons services after the two-time American League Manager of the Year opted out of his contract with the Rays on Oct. 24, shortly after Tampa Bay general manager Andrew Friedman left the organization to become the president of baseball operations for the Los Angeles Dodgers. Maddon, who guided the small-market Rays to four playoff appearances and the 2008 AL pennant over the past seven seasons, joins a long-suffering Cubs franchise that has endured five consecutive losing campaigns and last won the World Series in 1908. This is a 1-in-107 a year opportunity for me, said Maddon during Mondays press conference. The challenge is so outstanding. How could you not want to be in this seat? The Cubs future appeared bright even before the hiring of the enthusiastic and ever-optimistic Maddon, though. Chicagos present farm system is ranked among baseballs strongest and the Cubs are expected to be significant players in free agency this offseason, something Maddon never experienced during his successful nine-year run with the low-budget Rays. Those factors, coupled with Friedmans departure and the presence of Cubs president of baseball operations Theo Epstein -- who nearly hired Maddon as the Red Sox manager in 2004 while then Bostons GM -- played a role in Maddons decision. Stitched Houston Texans Jerseys. . I knew there was a lot of common ground philosophically, said Maddon. I know that the synergy between the front office and the manager is really, really important. This is a really good fit for me personally. I feel very comfortable here. The 60-year-old takes over a Cubs team that showed improvement in Rick Renterias lone season as manager, with Chicago posting a 73-89 record in 2014 after winning 66 and 61 games the previous two years. Despite those strides, Epstein informed Renteria last week of his intention to pursue Maddon and make a switch. Renteria was offered another position within the organization but predictably declined. Even though they annually operated with one of the lowest payrolls in the majors, the Rays were a consistent contender for much of Maddons reign. Lauded for his ability to work with young players and to maximize the available talent on hand, the charismatic manager guided Tampa to six consecutive winning seasons that began with the unexpected 2008 World Series run. The Rays, who had never won over 70 games in their first 10 seasons prior to that 2008 breakthrough, also reached the playoffs in 2010, 2011 and 2013. Maddon amassed a 754-705 overall record in Tampa Bay, easily the most of any manager in club history. Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Baseball Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys China Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap Custom Jerseys China Cheap Basketball Jerseys Authentic NFL Jerseys China Cheap College Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor