looking to avoid their first 0-8 start since 1

in Quasselecke 04.11.2018 12:45
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

NASSAU, Bahamas -- Tiger Woods saved par from the dunes with a shot so good that two spectators ran over and scooped up sand for a souvenir.It also served as motivation Friday at the Hero World Challenge. The tee shot on the par-3 eighth that landed next to a bush was so bad that Woods said he told caddie Joe LaCava after his par putt, Im not dropping a shot.And he didnt.Woods capped a bogey-free round with an even more unlikely par save on the 16th hole. What stood out on a balmy day at Albany was a seven-hole stretch in the middle of the round in which he never really missed a shot. It led to enough birdies for a 7-under 65, leaving him six shots behind and in a tie for ninth in the 17-man field.His golf was as good as it was Thursday, his first competition in 15 months, only this time he eliminated the mistakes.I wanted to keep that card clean, Woods said. I dont know what it is about playing and competing, but keeping cards clean, theres something really special. And it feels pretty good about doing that.And he did it quickly, in just under three hours.Justin Rose, who opened with a 74, withdrew with back problems. That left Woods as a single, and when he realized there would not be much wind, he felt he could play just as well without a marker (typically the club pro) to get a feel for how various shots might be affected.He was on his own and moving in the right direction.The par save on No. 8 and a wedge to tap-in range on the No. 9 allowed him to make the turn in 33, just like Thursday. The difference was how he finished.After pounding a drive down with the wind at his back on the par-5 11th -- he had to carry a bunker 290 yards away -- he switch to a 5-iron to play away from a bunker to the right of the green, making sure he would have the right angle to the pin. It was right where he was aiming, a yard off the green, setting up an easy two-putt birdie. He followed that with a 6-iron to a foot for birdie on the 12th, a 10-foot birdie putt on the 14th and a two-putt birdie on the par-5 15th.He made seven birdies, but nothing brought out the emotion like a par.His tee shot on the 16th, where he made double bogey Thursday, took a wild hop into a bush in the sandy area. Enough of the ball was showing that Woods tried to hit 6-iron to the front bunker, but it came out heavy into more of the waste area. The next shot was well beyond the hole.The par putt dropped on its final turn, and Woods thrust his fist toward the cup and slapped the face of his putter.Two more pars, and he was done and feeling much better about the next two days.I really had it dialed in both ways, he said. I was shaping it both ways and I really had nice control of my (trajectory). That was the key. I was able to keep the ball down when I needed to and send it at times.Woods stayed out of golf following two back surgeries over the last three months of 2015, and he had not competed since a tie for 10th at the Wyndham Championship on Aug. 23, 2015. There have been no issues with his back, and Woods said he has made a few changes with his swing and how much he works away from golf.If he looks slimmer, he says he picked up an illness from his children over Thanksgiving. More relevant is that he said he no longer lifts as much weight or runs as he once did. Woods said he used to run 30 miles a week in his early days on tour.Ive had four knee surgeries, three backs. My bodys been through it, he said.As for the weights?I dont load the spine like I used to, he said. Im trying to do other things to gain strength. I dont have any problem with suppleness and flexibility, but I also need to have stability.As for his swing, Woods said he has made subtle changes to alleviate the strain on his back.Ive tried to go back and look at and do some stuff that I used to do as a junior that I did naturally, he said.Another change is that he is at Albany without a swing coach. Woods began working with Chris Como in November 2014, but the work is done in what Woods described as training camps.Well have little windows where well practice when I have time to do it, Woods said. Then Ill shut it down, Ill work on my short game in the backyard, chip and putt, and then well have another training camp a week or two later.The real measure might not come until early next year, when he gets more tournaments and different -- and colder -- conditions. Friday was just another round, and a step forward. Beau Brinkley Jersey . JOHNS, N. Kenneth Durden Jersey .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. http://www.cheaptitansjerseyssale.com/?tag=derrick-henry-jersey-sale . What general manager Dave Nonis called "short and productive" negotiations ended with Kessel signing a US$64-million, eight-year contract on Tuesday. Ben Jones Jersey . The injury bothered Bledsoe in the Suns victory over the Clippers on Monday and he sat out the teams home loss to Memphis on Thursday night. Dane Cruikshank Jersey . The Browns coaching search remains incomplete. Rex Ryan likes nothing better than beating the Patriots.His Buffalo Bills managed that 16-0 shutout in Week 4, with a very big absence on the New England side. Yeah, that guy: Tom Brady.On Sunday, the star quarterback brings his 6-1 team to Buffalo. Brady has owned the Bills throughout his career, and pretty much owned Ryan, too.Brady is 25-3 against the Bills. Those 25 victories are one short of matching the NFL record for most wins by a quarterback against one opponent: Brett Favre had 26 against Detroit.Well I think the last time was a great time to play them, says Ryan, who is 3-11 in the regular season, but 1-0 in the playoffs vs. Brady in Ryans stints with the Jets and Bills (4-3 this season). Theyve got a new player back there for some reason. He looks decent.I shouldnt make waves by saying he doesnt look the same to me.Asked if a quarterback approaching 40 has ever looked so good, Ryan responded: I think you can cut it off and say, `Have you ever seen a quarterback that good?Brady has torn up Cleveland, Cincinnati and Pittsburgh in his three starts.Now that he is done with the AFC North for a while, he goes after the only team to smudge New Englands record so far. To Brady, Buffalo is a challenge despite his dominance of the Bills.Yeah, I think the players do a good job disguising their looks and giving you some different looks, he says of Buffalos defense. He has always had good defenses when hes played us. Hes had very good players.They have a good scheme, and thats what makes it challenging. Last time we played them, we didnt score points, we didnt play particularly well. They played really well.The action began Thursday night with Tennessees 36-22 home victory over Jacksonville.Marcus Mariota threw for 270 yards and two touchdowns to end his home struggles and the Titans (4-4) had their highest point total of the season.Since the start of the 2014 season, the Titans home record is 3-0 against the Jaguars (2-5) and 1-17 against everybody else.Mariota was 18 of 22 for 270 yards and had a 148.1 passer rating, the second-highest of his career. DeMarco Murray ran for 123 yards and a touchdown, and the Titans had a season-high 494 total yards.Off this week are the New York Giants (4-3), Los Angeles (3-4), San Francisco (1-6), Miami (3-4), Baltimore (3-4) and Pittsburgh (4-3).Philadelphia (4-2) at Dallas (5-1)A prime-timer that seems worthy of the spotlight between two surprise contenders.The Eagles have won three in a row at the Cowboys, and they could really scramble the NFC East race with another victory. Their defense has come on and will test Dallas rookie standouts, quarterback Dak Prescott and running back Ezekiel Elliott.Prescott and Philadelphias No. 2 overall draft pick, Carson Wentz, have looked like anything but newcomers. Wentz leads NFL rookies with eight passing TDs, while Prescott has a passer rating of at least 100 in five straight games, all wins.Elliott, coming off a career-high 157 yards rushing against Green Bay, is the first rookie with four straight games of at least 130 yards.Arizona (3-3-1) at Carolina (1-5)Its difficult to fathom that these teams faced off for a spot in the Super Bowl last January.Carolina obviously has fallen the hardest, plagued by turnovers (minus-8) and a leaky secondary. At least the Panthers got a little healthier after their bye.The Cardinals come off a physically and mentally wrenching 6-6 tie with Seattle on Sunday night, and now have this cross-country trip. Their running game, behind David Johnson, is in gear.This team right now is in a totally different place than when we went over there last year for the championship, and hopefully we can go somewhere else for the championship, Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said. But this is next weeks game, no more, no less. Weve got to win.Green Bay (4-2) at Atlanta (4-3)The Packers go for five straight wins over the Falcons, and to do so they must slow down Julio Jones. Atlantas dynamic offense could be hamstrung a bit because of running back Tevin Colemans, uh, hamstring injury. And the Packers have the NFLs stingiest run defense.But Jones has 40 receptions for 830 yards, more than twice as many catches as anyone else on Atlanta.The Pack is struggling to run with injuries to Eddie Lacy and James Starks, but found a weapon out of the backfield in versatile Ty Montgomery in a win over the Bears.Minnesota (5-1) at Chicago (1-6), Monday nightJay Cutler will be back at quarterback for the Bears after missing five games (thumb). His replacement, Brian Hoyer, fared well even if Chicago didnt, but Hoyer broke his left arm against Green Bay.Minnesota comes off its first loss, and cant run the ball without injured Adrian Peterson, ranking 31st.dddddddddddd But the defense is the leagues best and most opportunistic, allowing 14 points a game, the fewest through six games for this franchise since 1988. The Vikings lead in turnover margin (plus-11) and turnovers forced (16), too.Washington (4-2) vs. Cincinnati (3-4) at LondonNeither team has played a real game in London, though Washington lost to Buffalo in Toronto in 2011. Of note here is Jay Gruden was an offensive coordinator with Cincinnati, and so was Cleveland coach Hue Jackson. The Bengals beat the Browns last week.Two productive quarterbacks go at it in Washingtons Kurt Cousins and Cincinnatis Andy Dalton. Cousins has the offense enough in tune that it has all of six three-and-out series this season. Dalton has the superb A.J. Green as a target; Green leads the NFL with 50 catches and is second to Julio Jones with 775 yards receiving.Detroit (4-3) at Houston (4-3)The Lions have won three in a row, getting strong and clutch production from Matthew Stafford. They come off a three-game homestand that was preceded by two losses on the road.Houston, meanwhile, has won six straight at home, but looks like a vulnerable team, especially when Brock Osweiler cant get the ball to DeAndre Hopkins. But first-round pick Will Fuller is second among rookie wideouts with 349 yards receiving.Kansas City (4-2) at Indianapolis (3-4)The Chiefs have lost six of the past seven in this series, two of them playoff games. They come into Indy with an opportunistic defense that has 14 takeaways, with 2015 Defensive Rookie of the Year Marcus Peters topping the league with five picks. Their running game with Spencer Ware and a healthy Jamaal Charles can be decisive.The Colts must better protect Andrew Luck (NFL-high 25 sacks), and while Adam Vinatieri has made a league-record 43 consecutive field goals, they need more touchdowns.San Diego (3-4) at Denver (5-2)Yes, these teams did face off on Oct. 13. Yet another quirk in this years strange NFL schedule.San Diego took that one and then rallied to beat Atlanta very impressively last weekend. With RB Melvin Gordon coming on -- a league-high 10 touchdowns- and Philip Rivers having another strong season, this is a difficult matchup for Denver. The Broncos rank only 22nd against the rush.Key here could be how well each quarterback is protected. Von Miller has been a wrecking crew against the Chargers with 12 sacks, 14 tackles for loss and three forced fumbles in his past 11 outings against them.Seattle (4-1-1) at New Orleans (2-4)The Seahawks are in a similar bind to Arizona after that endless deadlock last Sunday night. Certainly the focal point will be Jimmy Grahams return to the Superdome. The star tight end has become a bigger part of Seattles offense now that he is healthy.Seattles Legion of Boom, which shut down Arizonas strong group of receivers, will be further tested by Drew Brees and his targets. Although the Saints are struggling, Brees once more has been terrific: Brees passed for 367 yards and three TDs last week, and became the only player in NFL history with 100 career 300-plus yard games passing. He is averaging 403.4 yards passing in the past five home games, with 17 TDs against two interceptions.Oakland (5-2) at Tampa Bay (3-3)Tampa hasnt won a postseason game since routing the Raiders 48-21 in the 2003 Super Bowl. The Raiders havent made the playoffs since then.That could change for Oakland if it maintains its road success. The Raiders are 4-0 away from home, led by a dynamic offense. Theyve allowed a league-low seven sacks.To handle the Bucs, who have won two in a row, Oakland must clamp down on the run. Even with Doug Martin out, the Bucs have found ground success with Jacquizz Rodgers, who wasnt on the team when the season began, but has career highs the past two games of 101 and 154 yards rushing.New York Jets (2-5) at Cleveland (0-7)Optimists by Lake Erie have been pointing to this one for the Browns first victory. Given their uncertain quarterbacking situation, a sieve of a defense and an inability to make key plays on both sides of the ball, its difficult to see that happening.The Browns are looking to avoid their first 0-8 start since 1975, when they were 0-9, finished 3-11. Cleveland is 3-25 in its past 28 games.Still, the Jets are among the NFLs worst underachievers, and they go back to Ryan Fitzpatrick at quarterback. His benching lasted less than one half, then Geno Smith tore up his knee.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Baseball Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys China Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap Custom Jerseys China Cheap Basketball Jerseys Authentic NFL Jerseys China Cheap College Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor