Teddy Bridgewater should be Jets' Week 1 QB instead of Sam Darnold

in Quasselecke 03.11.2018 18:53
von zhengpeng8899 • 29 Beiträge

Teddy Bridgewater should be Jets' Week 1 QB instead of Sam Darnold
"I'm excited just to be out there having fun, felt like a kid running around in the backyard tonight," gushed Bridgewater.Playing the entire second half with — and, yes, against — backups, Bridgewater completed 10-of-15 passes for 127 yards, and his 16-yard strike to Charone Peake at the pylon in the fourth quarter produced the game's lone touchdown. Despite the heavy brace on his left leg, Bridgewater seemed to glide when evading pressure. But he definitely wasn't running scared.In fact, he wanted to take a few licks from the Redskins.<strong style="margin-right:3px;">More: Three-and-out: Sam Darnold's first start and other Jets-Redskins observations<strong style="margin-right:3px;">More: NFL can't afford to rush into hardline resolution for a national anthem policy"I don't know if it's the right thing to do or say Reuben Foster Jersey Cheap
as a quarterback, but for me it's just continuing to knock down that mental block that, 'Hey, you can do this,' " said Bridgewater."I could've thrown the ball away or ran out of bounds. But I wanted to challenge myself, see if I could take a hit. It was fun. Get up, smile, tell the guys, 'Hey, that was nothing. Next play.' "He even tried to stiff-arm a defender on a fourth-quarter scramble."Fortunately for him, and unfortunately for me, he wanted to get hit some. I told him I have a neighborhood where he can get hit quite a bit," quipped Jets coach Todd Bowles."It was good to see him from a durability standpoint. ... He's a tough guy."That's among the reasons why the Jets should consider starting Bridgewater instead of first-rounder Sam Darnold when Week 1 rolls around.By all accounts, including his own, Darnold, 21, is progressing nicely in his bid to become the star passer New York has sought since Joe Namath led the franchise to its Nike Dwight Clark Jersey On Sale
only Super Bowl nearly 50 years ago. Darnold started against the Redskins and connected on 6-of-7 passes for 47 yards against their starting defense.But ponder this:So why not let Bridgewater face those early hurdles while Darnold goes through valuable dress rehearsals and benefits from the tutelage of Bridgewater and 39-year-old Josh McCown?"Really, the biggest thing for me is hearing from guys like Josh and Teddy, guys who have been there, done that in games and have had success," said Darnold, who has little more than three years of experience as a starter — total — in high school and at USC. "They're always super-calm on the sideline, they're never freaking out. That's a good thing, too, having those guys to lean on if I'm not necessarily sure of how to go about (it) https://www.sf49ersfanonline.com/authentic-jimmy-garoppolo-jersey-sale-1_97.html
myself."<strong style="margin-right:3px;">More: Eagles must be patient with Carson Wentz, regardless of Nick Foles' status<strong style="margin-right:3px;">More: Aaron Rodgers, Jimmy Graham offer 'fun' preview in Packers' 51-34 romp over Steelers<strong style="margin-right:3px;">More: Ranking NFL backup QBs by team: Who has best contingency plan?There's another reason that playing Bridgewater may be beneficial.Allowing him to provide fresh film in September could make him a valuable commodity before the trade deadline. If a seemingly strong team like the Panthers, Texans, Chargers, Rams or Saints — the list goes on — loses its starting quarterback for four-to-six weeks early in the season, would they be better off with currently unproven backups, or with a universally respected former Pro Bowler like Bridgewater to steady the ship in such a scenario? And in the throes of a rebuild, wouldn't Jets GM Mike Maccagnan, who already traded next year's second-round pick while moving up to get Darnold in April, be wise to recoup something for Bridgewater, who's on a one-year deal anyway?Bowles is giving away Jimmy Garoppolo Jersey Cheap
nothing right now and could even go with McCown, who played surprisingly well as the starter in 2017."We're gonna play the best guy," he said.In the near term, as much as the Jets and their starved fans might Nike Steve Young Jersey On Sale
hope otherwise, that's probably not Darnold.Jayson DiManche White Elite Jersey
Dontae Johnson Jersey
Nike Tom Rathman Jersey On Sale
Nike Kenneth Acker Jersey On Sale
Nike Aaron Burbridge Jersey On Sale
Will Redmond Jersey
Dekoda Watson White Elite Jersey
Aaron Burbridge White Elite Jersey
Torrey Smith Jersey
Nike Marcus Martin Jersey On Sale
Ronnie Lott White Elite Jersey
Joe Staley Jersey
Robbie Gould Jersey
Kenneth Acker White Elite Jersey
Nike Erik Magnuson Jersey On Sale

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor