year due to injuries afte

in Events in der Region 10.10.2018 05:52
von chenyan94 • 506 Beiträge

GREENBURGH Youth Terrell Edmunds Jersey , N.Y. (AP) — Chris Kreider and the New York Rangers have put last season’s struggles behind and are just focusing on trying to get better.

“Show up and compete every single day,” Kreider said Friday as players skated in groups for on-ice testing. “We want to win games. It’s not a developmental league. Right now everyone is 0-0-0 across the board. It’s a clean slate for players, clean slate for teams.”

The Rangers are in a rebuilding mode after dealing several stars in a youth movement at the trade deadline last winter and then finishing 20 points out of a playoff spot while missing the postseason for the first time in eight years.

There’s also a new coaching staff with David Quinn making the jump from Boston University to the NHL as the head coach to lead a younger team with some veterans.

“You lose teammates every year, there’s always turnover,” Kreider said. “At the same time I think there’s a good buzz around the group right now. I think everyone’s excited about the group that we have, about the coaching staff, about the players.”

Mika Zibanejad returned from his home in Sweden feeling energized after helping his country win the world championships in May. He credited that experience for fueling his summer workouts.

“Got to finish off the season in a better way, personally,” Zibanejad said. “Got that win and I felt more motivated in the training. Now, I’m just coming back here and get excited again.”

Both Kreider and Zibanejad had positive things to say about their new coach. Kreider, who played at Boston College, said he nearly went to Boston University, and “a big part of that was Coach Quinn.” Zibanejad was appreciative that Quinn traveled to Sweden during the summer to meet with him, goalie Henrik Lundqvist and Jesper Fast.

When Quinn met with reporters on Thursday, he stressed patience http://www.jaguarscheapshop.com/cheap-authentic-blake-bortles-jersey , as well as the importance of practicing hard.

“It’s going to take a little bit of time,” he said. “Once we get on the ice I’ll have a clearer picture of what everybody is capable of doing, their strengths and weaknesses. … We want to be a fast, physical, relentless hockey team. You can’t play that way unless you practice that way.”

That will begin Saturday when the team breaks into three groups for daily practices.

Some other things to know as the Rangers open training camp:

BETWEEN THE PIPES: The 36-year-old Lundqvist is back for his 14th season after going 26-26-7 with a 2.98 goals-against average — the highest of his career. It was also just the second time he finished with fewer than 30 wins; the other was the lockout-shortened 2012-13, when he was 24-16-3.

“I think he’s in a great mindset,” Quinn said. “He wants to be part of the next wave and win a Stanley Cup here. He’s in incredible shape, he’s an incredible competitor and he’s one of the best in the business.”

Alexandar Georgiev went 4-4-1 with a 3.15 GAA in 10 games down the stretch, and Marek Mazanec was signed after compiling a 8-13-4 mark with a 2.98 GAA in 31 career games for the Nashville Predators.

HEALTHY AGAIN: Zibanejad and Kreider are among several players who are healthy now after dealing with injuries last season. Zibanejad, who missed nearly two months witha broken left leg in the 2016-17 season, was out for about 10 games with a concussion last November. He had 11 goals and 11 assists in 22 games before the injury, and finished the season with 20 goals and 27 assists.

Kreider missed two months after having a rib removed to help alleviate a blot clot in his right arm. He said he recently received “a clean bill of health” after meeting with his pulmonologist to make sure he wasn’t predisposed to blood clots.

Defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk is also healed after a knee injury in January ended his season.

LOGJAM ON DEFENSE?: Shattenkirk, Brady Skjei and veteran Marc Staal are assured of their spots on defense. After that it could be an open competition.

Adam McQuaid, a nine-year veteran, was acquired from Boston earlier in the week. The 6-foot-4 Logan Cooke Color Rush Jersey , 212-pound 31-year-old is similar in size to Rob O’Gara, who also came over from the Bruins last February. Fredrik Claesson was signed this summer, Tony DeAngelo is getting another look, and Neal Pionk had a goal and 13 assists in 28 games after making his NHL debut last season. Youngsters Ryan Lindgren, Libor Hajek, and Joey Keane are also among others in camp.

CENTER DEPTH: Zibanejad and Kevin Hayes figure to be the top two centers again. Lias Anderson, 19, and Filip Chytil, who turns 20 next month, could key the youth movement. Both appeared in fewer than 10 games last season after being taken in the first round of the 2017 NHL draft.

Ryan Spooner and Vladislav Namestnikov — both acquired in trade-deadline deals — are also centers on the roster, along with Boo Nieves. Peter Holland, Steven Fogarty and Gabriel Fontaine will also get looks.

Jon Gruden's first NFL draft since leaving the broadcast booth has been a busy one.

One day after trading back in the first round and making another deal to acquire veteran wide receiver Martavis Bryant, the Oakland Raiders remained one of the NFL's most active teams in the draft Friday night with a series of trades.

Oakland began by trading down in the second round and acquiring defensive lineman P.J. Hall from Sam Houston State with the 57th overall pick, then made another deal to move up in the third round to get offensive tackle Brandon Parker.

The Raiders later dealt away two more picks to move up to 87th overall and drafted linebacker Arden Key from LSU.

"I thought (general manager Reggie McKenzie) did a great job pulling the trigger, making some trades last night and today to help us basically get five football players Tyler Ennis Jersey ," Gruden said. "It's exciting man, it really is."

The flurry of activity at the Raiders headquarters on the second day of the draft was to be expected as Gruden continues to remake the team in his image. In vintage fashion that would have probably made late owner Al Davis proud, Oakland acquired a pair of players from small schools and a third who has a history of off-field issues.

"My mom called me and she said maybe Mr. Davis was calling down the picks down from heaven," Gruden said.

The Raiders acquired Hall with an eye on improving the interior of their defensive line. Oakland had 31 sacks in 2017, only 1 陆 from players playing inside full-time.

Hall should be an immediate help. The 6-foot-1, 310-pounder had 42 sacks in four seasons at Sam Houston State and was the Southland Conference defensive player of the year in 2016.

"I was really surprised," Hall said. "I hadn't heard about me going in the second round at all during this process. It really shocked me once I got the phone call."

An edge rusher who alternated between standing up and lining up with his hand on the ground during his first three college seasons, Hall switched to defensive tackle as a senior where his quickness helped make up for a size disadvantage.

The Raiders are thin inside. Eddie Vanderdoes and Justin Ellis were the starters in 2017 but Vanderdoes is coming off a torn ACL in his left knee suffered in Oakland's final regular-season game. Jihad Ward, the 44th overall pick in 2016, has one career sack in 21 games.

"We love (Hall's) measurables. The only thing he's not is tall," Gruden said. "But this man is extremely powerful. We need an inside pass rusher. I've said that since I've been here, somebody that can disrupt running plays and penetrate, and this guy can do that."

Hall was taken on the second day of the draft despite not getting invited to the NFL combine in February. The snub, he said, was extra motivation.

"I was a little down about it for like a day or two Jack Mewhort Jersey , but after that I felt like it helped me," Hall said. "I got more time to prepare for my pro day and I had an excellent pro day. I crushed it. I feel that's kind of what raised my stock."

To get Hall, Oakland shipped the 41st overall pick to Tennessee in exchange for the 57th and 89th overall picks.

Then Gruden and McKenzie worked the phones and made another trade to grab the first pick in the third round. The Raiders traded the 75th, 152nd and 212th overall picks to Baltimore for the 65th, which they used to get Parker.

Parker is a two-time Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference offensive lineman of the year who started four seasons at left tackle for North Carolina A&T. According to the Raiders, Parker did not allow a sack during his college career, although he disputed that.

"I think I gave up maybe one or two sacks," Parker said. "I don't know where that came from."

Parker's selection came on the heels of the Raiders drafting Kolton Miller with the 15th overall pick. Miller is expected to compete for the right tackle job while Parker will likely back up left tackle Donald Penn.

Key had 26 陆 sacks during three seasons at LSU but left school early after a 2017 season filled with highs and lows. He was limited to eight games last year due to injuries after checking himself into rehab the previous spring.

The Raiders see him as another outside edge rusher and a potential complement to Khalil Mack.

"He's made some mistakes," Gruden said. "He's had some difficult times in his young life. I know where he's been for the last several months, I know what he's been through in his career. He has a lot to prove and we have a lot to prove."

Carolina Panthers Jerseys

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor