A lot of times you cant avoid the situation.

in Quasselecke 05.10.2018 08:10
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.650 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Washington Redskins safety Brandon Meriweathers two-game suspension from the NFL for multiple helmet-to-helmet hits was cut in half Wednesday on appeal. Marc-Andre ter Stegen Jersey . Two days after Meriweather was told he would miss time for repeated violations of player safety rules, hearing officer Ted Cottrell reduced the punishment to one game. Cottrell was jointly appointed by the league and the players union. Meriweathers suspension by NFL vice-president of football operations Merton Hanks came for repeated hits to the head and neck area of defenceless players, including two in Washingtons 45-41 victory over the Chicago Bears on Sunday. Meriweather was flagged for a helmet-to-helmet hit when tackling receiver Alshon Jeffery on a 28-yard completion with about two minutes left in the third quarter. He also was penalized for a helmet-first hit on Brandon Marshall in the end zone on an incomplete pass with a little more than four minutes remaining in the game. "All of these officials, if theyre going to make a mistake, they want to protect the player, so if its anywhere close to being a helmet-to-helmet, they are throwing a 15-yard flag, and thats what theyre being told to do. If you get anywhere around that head, youve got a chance to hurt your football team," Washington coach Mike Shanahan said Wednesday in Ashburn, Va. "Were constantly emphasizing it, but its tough in the heat of battle for these guys. Youre very competitive. You want to get after them. Then all of a sudden, a guy might duck at the last second, and all of a sudden you have helmet-to-helmet, and they dont even look at intent." In Week 2, Meriweather was fined $42,000 for a helmet-first hit on Green Bay running back Eddie Lacy, forcing Lacy out of the game with a concussion. Later that same day, another helmet-first hit gave Meriweather himself a concussion, knocking him out of the game. Meriweather will lose about $70,000 in salary when he sits out Sundays game at the Denver Broncos. He is not allowed to participate in any football activities with the team during the suspension. "Its unfortunate that the league felt like it needed to suspend him," Redskins linebacker London Fletcher said. "If a receiver sees you and he ducks, sometimes youre going to hit the guy, and the intent was to not even hit the guy, so thats the tough position defenders are in. ... A lot of times you cant avoid the situation." The suspension could leave the Redskins without their two starting safeties when they face Peyton Manning and the Broncos. Strong safety Reed Doughty got a concussion when the Bears attempted an onside kick in the fourth quarter. Meriweather said after last weekends game that he thought both hits against the Bears were legal. He said hes tried to change his game to suit the NFLs tackling rules. "I wasnt trying to be dirty. I wasnt trying to hurt nobody," he said. "I didnt lead with my -- didnt launch with my -- head. I used my shoulder like they told me to do." Redskins cornerback Josh Wilson said Wednesday: "You just got to adjust. I feel like he is. Hes trying to be a better player. But sometimes its hard to lose that reputation in the end." Munir El Haddadi Jersey . This time, Tebow was in a groove the entire second half -- not just in the waning minutes -- and his teammates on defence were getting gobbled up. Luis Suarez Jersey . -- Ricky Romeros comeback bid hit another road bump Tuesday in an ugly 18-4 Jays loss to a Detroit Tigers split squad. http://www.cheapbarcelonajerseys.com/ .Morse gets a $1 million signing bonus and salaries of $7 million next season and $8 million in 2016 under the agreement announced Wednesday.PHILADELHIA, Pa. -- Kyle Buchanan scored four goals and added three assists to lead the Philadelphia Wings over the Vancouver Stealth 15-9 in National Lacrosse League action on Saturday. Pat Saunders had three goals and three assists, Garrett Thul scored twice, Jordan Hall had a goal and seven assists, Kevin Crowley scored once and helped on three more, and Tracey Kelusky, Chad Wiedmaier, Brodie Merrill and Brett Manney added singles for Philadelphia (3-3). On the Stealth (2-5) side, Rhyys Duch scored twice and added three assists, Tyler Digby and Brett Hickey both had two goals and one assist, Cliff Smith and Tyler Garrison each had a goal and two assists, and Justin Salt added the other Vancouver goal. Sergi Roberto Jersey. . Philadelphia goalie Evan Kirk made 39 saves for the win. Vancouvers Tyler Richards and Matt Roik combined for 38 saves, with Richards making 32 on 43 shots through just over 52 minutes, and Roik stopping five of nine shots he faced in 7:56. Cheap Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Orioles Jerseys Cheap Mets Jerseys Cheap Phillies Jerseys Cheap Nationals Jerseys Cheap Cubs Jerseys Cheap Reds Jerseys Cheap Brewers Jerseys Cheap Pirates Jerseys Cheap Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Rockies Jerseys Cheap Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Padres Jerseys Cheap Giants Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor