ead and then held on for a 38-30 upset of Sacram

in Quasselecke 27.09.2018 16:18
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

Are you a sports fan?Its an innocuous question, one that usually prompts a benign response. For author and comedian Sara Benincasa, considering the roots of her admittedly limited fandom brought on tears.Id invited Benincasa on my Thats What She Said podcast after reading her hilarious, viral piece Why Am I So Fat? Her interest in sports was immaterial to the invite, but I was curious -- even more so when the topic churned up such emotion.I was raised on sports metaphors; you know? she said. For somebody who doesnt follow sports that closely I feel weirdly comfortable in a sports-related environment. My dad was a Yankees fan, which was a great thing to be when I was growing up. And he was a Jets fan, which has never been a great thing to be, except maybe in 1969.Ill cry if I talk about my dad, she continued, doing that sort of half-laughing, half-crying thing a person does when theyre surprised by their own emotions. I talk to my friend Peggy OLeary, who will laugh at this, because she comes from an Eagles family. And we talk about the value of losing and, like, growing up with loss. It teaches you something that sports is about. Sorry Im crying! Oh my God!Yeah, why are you crying? I asked.Im also laughing, like a hysterical person, said Benincasa. I think its about my dad. I love my dad a lot.Is he still with us?He is! Hes super not dead! I think I just appreciate the value of somebody loving losers. Just knowing theyre going to break your heart. Theyre always going to break your heart. Its always going to happen...And he still does it.It turns out, even if youre not really a sports fan -- even if you give zero you-know-whats -- the Jets can still make you cry.They just did it again on Sunday. A one-point loss to the Bengals accomplished via a missed extra point, a late interception and a surrendered field goal with seconds to play -- so Jets.The New Jersey-based team with the New York name once again flexed its masochistic muscle, reminding fans that the Jets can make even a Week 1 loss hurt like hell.For Benincasa, choosing to suffer that inevitable Jets heartbreak over and over is so endearing it elicits tears. Those of us with closets full of numbered clothes and vacations planned around away games understand how mood-altering a teams effort can be, and our friends and family feel it, too. It can be difficult to get inside someone elses appreciation for a great movie, song or piece of art, but somehow it seems we can feel their anguish or joy after an important game.Sports are a powerful mess of civic pride, childhood memories, nostalgia and hero worship. For some families, game day means a rare safe space to share. Political differences are put aside, arguments are shelved and the TV remote briefly loses its status as a catalyst for a wrestling match.Families bond over matching jerseys, the creation of a new tailgate snack or the backstory of a popular player. Parents teach their kids which team to root for, how to throw a spiral, what a rub route looks like and how to balance a helmet full of a nachos and a giant soda while walking up a steep flight of 400-level stairs.A bond is formed, even for folks who share sports from the periphery, like Benincasa. For her, football means getting to see her fathers heart through his love for the Jets. http://www.steelersrookiestore.com/Steelers-Le-Veon-Bell-Jersey/ . -- Whether Jeremy Hill deserves a prominent role in LSUs offence this early in the season is a matter for debate. http://www.steelersrookiestore.com/Steelers-James-Harrison-Jersey/ .J. -- Marshawn Lynch said Thursday it will be good to get back to football after the Seattle quiet talking running back wrapped up his final mandatory media session of Super Bowl week. http://www.steelersrookiestore.com/Steelers-Jordan-Berry-Jersey/ . With his new coach and six-time Grand Slam singles champion Boris Becker watching him during an official match for the first time, Djokovic appeared tentative early against the Slovakian player, who often appeared content to keep the ball in play. http://www.steelersrookiestore.com/Steelers-Stephon-Tuitt-Jersey/ . Now tied for second in the league in shootout goals, the 24-year-old likes to see what the opposing goaltender has in store before he ultimately lands on a move. http://www.steelersrookiestore.com/Steelers-Joe-Haden-Jersey/ . Michell Burger, a woman who lives on an estate next to Pistorius gated community, said she and her husband were awoken by the screams in the pre-dawn hours of Feb. 14 last year, when Pistorius killed Reeva Steenkamp by shooting four times through a door in his bathroom. SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Paul Revis scored two touchdowns in the first quarter as Division II Western Oregon jumped out to an early lead and then held on for a 38-30 upset of Sacramento State on Saturday night.Maik Braxton hit Revis on a 19-yard strike to open the scoring. Four plays later Revis returned a punt 74 yards for a 14-0 lead with 3:39 left in the opening quarter.Western Oregon held a 24-16 lead starting the final quarter and was ahead 38-30 with 2:01 remaining.Sacramento States Nate Ketteringgham, who finished with 370 passing yards, was driving the Hornets to possibly tie the game when Danny Hankins intercepted him in the end zone with 19 seconds remaining.dddddddddddd.Ketteringham was 34-of-58 and three touchdowns in a losing effort.Revis caught seven passes for 64 yards and Wesley Gray grabbed 2 for 74 yards and a score. Torreahno Sweet rushed for 77 yards. Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL T-shirts Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online NFL Jerseys From China Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL T-shirts Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Jerseys From China China Womens NFL Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor