i Nishikori.(Raonic) obviously serves big, goe

in Quasselecke 27.09.2018 16:06
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

EVANSTON, Ill. -- Vic Law had a career-high 18 points, Scottie Lindsey added 17 and Northwestern opened its fourth season under coach Chris Collins with a 94-63 rout of Mississippi Valley State on Friday night.For Law, it was a triumphant return after all of last season following shoulder surgery. He played in all 32 games (19 starts) as a freshman two years ago.It gave me a new appreciation for the game, Law said. Last year ... when we lost a tough one, I would think about what I could have done to make a difference.Sanjay Lumpkin, Bryant McIntosh and Isiah Brown had 11 points apiece as the Wildcats won their ninth straight season opener. McIntosh, the teams leading returning scorer, was just 1 for 6 on 3-pointers.Law made 7 of 10 from the field -- including 3 of 4 on 3-pointers -- but was just 1 for 7 from the free-throw line.Marcus Romain led Mississippi Valley State with 16 points on 5-for-8 shooting.I didnt like the way we played defense at the start of the game, MVSU coach Andre Payne said. We got after it a little better in the second half, but that start set us back.Northwestern grabbed a double-digit lead 6 1/2 minutes into the game and never looked back. The lead was 46-28 at halftime and MVS never threatened in the second half.That first game of the season is very difficult from an emotional standpoint, Collins said. For us to come out and play the way we did early, I was very impressed.BIG PICTUREMississippi Valley State: The Delta Devils were 8-27 last season -- including a 6-12 mark in the SWAC -- and another long campaign seems likely. Romain, the second-leading scorer in the SWAC last season at 18.6 points, is a bright spot.Northwestern: Coming off a school-record 20 wins last season, the Wildcats begin with the goal of reaching the NCAA tournament for the first time in school history. To do so, theyll have to replace the leadership and production of Tre Demps, the leading-scorer last season at 15.7 points.THROW IT DOWNLaw announced his return with a steal in the backcourt and a flying dunk a few minutes into the game.I felt relief -- thats the emotion I felt, he said. It energized me for the rest of the game.BOUNCING BACKBrown, the heralded freshman from Seattle, was much better in the second half after playing just five first-half minutes from picking up two fouls. Hell be counted on as a spark off the bench to fill some of the void left by the departure of Demps.Hes the kind of guy that can change a game, Collins said of Brown. I think he was a real find for us.UP NEXTMississippi Valley State takes on a bigger challenge when it visits No. 20 West Virginia on Monday, the second of four road games to start the season.Northwestern has another tune-up game of sorts when it hosts Eastern Washington on Monday. EWU opened with a 70-47 win over Division III Linfield.. Jordan Poyer Jersey . Malkin got tangled up with Detroits Luke Glendening early in the third period and his left skate took the brunt of collision with the boards behind Pittsburghs net. Tremaine Edmunds Jersey . Despite dominating possession, Schalke needed an own goal from Nicolas Hoefler for the breakthrough a minute before the interval. The Freiburg midfielder misjudged Jefferson Farfans corner and bundled the ball into his own net. http://www.thebillsgearshop.com/Bills-Harrison-Phillips-Draft-Jersey/ . LOUIS -- St. Jerry Hughes Jersey . The parade and rally were held to celebrate the Saskatchewan Roughriders 45-23 win over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Sunday in the CFLs championship game. TreDavious White Jersey . They had already blown a double-digit lead, fans were hitting the exits, and a long seven-game road trip waited at the end. LONDON -- Andy Murray kept hold of the No. 1 ranking for at least another day.The Wimbledon champion qualified for the semifinals of the ATP finals on Friday by beating Stan Wawrinka 6-4, 6-2.Murray, who needs to do better than Novak Djokovic this weekend to finish the season as the top-ranked player, broke Wawrinka late in the first set and twice at the start of the second.I feel like my game is in a good place, Murray said. Played much better today than I did a couple days ago. Physically I feel good. So looking forward to the weekend.Murray took over the No. 1 ranking at the Paris Masters this month, but Djokovic can grab it back if the second-ranked Serb does better at the season-ending tournament. Djokovic has already qualified for the semifinals.Murray will next face Milos Raonic on Saturday, while Djokovic meets Kei Nishikori.(Raonic) obviously serves big, goes for his shots. He moves forward when he has the chance. I think he probably likes the conditions here. Its a little bit quuicker, Murray said.dddddddddddd You dont normally get loads of opportunities against the big servers. Then it comes down to when you do get those chances, whether you take them or not.Murray has won all six of his meetings with Raonic this year, including a straight-sets victory in the Wimbledon final.Ive created a few opportunities in the matches. When theyve come, Ive been pretty clinical, Murray said. Ill need to be the same tomorrow if I want to win.In Fridays late match, Marin Cilic beat Nishikori 3-6, 6-2, 6-3 after the semifinal spots had already been decided.In an early match at the O2 Arena, Murrays brother Jamie ensured he will finish the year the as the top-ranked doubles player, along with partner Bruno Soares.Regardless of what happens over the weekend, we can look back on this year and be very proud of what weve done as a family, Andy Murray said. Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL T-shirts Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online NFL Jerseys From China Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL T-shirts Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Jerseys From China China Womens NFL Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor