e putt for bogey was awesome.I hit it left, right

in Quasselecke 22.09.2018 14:27
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

WASHINGTON -- Now that its clear his Miami Marlins last game of the season will be completely meaningless in the standings -- for his team, for the opponent, and for everyone else -- manager Don Mattingly is handing over control to Martin Prado.For the 2016 finale on Sunday, Prado will have double duty, playing third base and running the Marlins as their skipper-for-a-day against the Washington Nationals.If its a game thats not doing anything, we let a player manage. Basically, somebody will be a pitching coach, somebody will be a hitting coach. Its more of a fun thing than anything else. Well have to talk to the other team, let the umpires know, things like that, Mattingly explained. But its nothing that youre going to do anything to disrespect the game or anything else. Its just a matter of letting the guys have some fun.While the Marlins already had been eliminated before Saturdays 2-1 loss to Washington, the Nationals didnt clinch home-field advantage for their NL Division Series until the next-to-last day of the regular season. But with that accomplished, Sundays outcome does not matter to either team.Mattingly wasnt sure which players would assist Prado but said, Hes got to have his crew.On Saturday, Bryce Harper delivered an RBI single, rookie Trea Turner hit his 13th homer and stole his 32nd base, and Tanner Roark tuned up for the playoffs with 5 2/3 innings of one-run ball.NL East champion Washingtons third trip to the postseason in five years will begin Friday in the nations capital against the NL West champion Los Angeles Dodgers, with Max Scherzer slated to face Clayton Kershaw. Game 2 is the following day, before the best-of-five NLDS shifts to L.A.The Nationals, it turned out, didnt need to beat the Marlins. The Dodgers 3-0 loss to the San Francisco Giants, assuring Washington of finishing with a better record than Los Angeles, was announced before the bottom of the seventh to the Nationals Park crowd of 31,635, which responded with a standing ovation.While home field might not seem like a big deal in a short series, Nationals manager Dusty Baker figured it was important in this instance.Thats because the Dodgers went 53-28 at home, a .654 winning percentage, but are only 38-42 on the road, .475.Theyre under .500 on the road and way over .500 at home. So which one would you suggest? Baker said. Im not a numbers man, exactly, but I think it would be to our best interest -- give us the best chance -- to have them come here, versus us going there.Roark (16-10), lined up to pitch Game 2 against the Dodgers, allowed Miami only three hits, including Chris Johnsons RBI single to right in the sixth. Mark Melancon got the last four outs for his 46th save.Turner singled and came around to score on Harpers line drive up the middle in the first inning, then delivered a solo shot off Wei-Yin Chen (5-5) in the fifth.CHENS SEASONChen gave up two runs and six hits in five innings and finished 2016 with a 4.96 ERA in 123 1/3 innings across 22 starts. He went on the DL with a strained left elbow on July 25, returning Sept. 19 and made three starts the rest of the way. Its obviously helped establish that hes healthy. Been able to bounce back, Mattingly said.SITTING STANTONMarlins RF Giancarlo Stanton was out of the starting lineup Saturday, and will be on Sunday, too, Mattingly said, to make sure the slugger does not enter the offseason hurt. Stanton was sidelined with a groin injury into September. He may get an at-bat, a pinch-hit, or something like that. He still wasnt playing at 100 percent, Mattingly explained, and once the games were meaningless, its harder to take a chance on him having to rehab during the winter.UP NEXTMarlins: RHP Tom Koehler (9-13, 4.15 ERA) starts.Nationals: RHP Scherzer takes a 19-7 record, 2.82 ERA and career-high 277 Ks into Sunday, chasing an NL Cy Young Award to add to the 2013 AL honor he won for Detroit while going 21-3. Thats been the pinnacle for pitchers ever since I was in the game -- and long before me. It would be forever: `Hes a 20-game winner, Baker said. Expounding on how he views pitchers stats, Baker said: People put a lot of emphasis on ERA, which is good, but I put emphasis on wins for a guy that knows how to win. http://www.falconsrookiestore.com/Falcons-Julio-Jones-Jersey/ . - Chris Tierney snapped a tie with a power-play goal late in the third period as the London Knights rallied from a 3-0 deficit to beat the Erie Otters 5-3 in Ontario Hockey League action on Wednesday. http://www.falconsrookiestore.com/Falcons-Grady-Jarrett-Jersey/ . Vancouver Whitecaps and Toronto FC failed to make the postseason while Montreal Impact fell at the first hurdle losing heavily to Houston Dynamo in the Eastern Conference Knockout Round. http://www.falconsrookiestore.com/Falcons-Mohamed-Sanu-Jersey/ . But what about the officials? Every sport has officials and they also have stories about hard work and sacrifice but their accomplishments are seldom recognized by anyone outside their inner circle. http://www.falconsrookiestore.com/Falcons-Andy-Levitre-Jersey/ . Now, correct me if Im wrong but I saw one official distinctly pointing at the net indicating a good goal but after an inconclusive review they overturned the goal. Shouldnt the ruling on the ice (good goal) stand after an inconclusive review? Why was this overturned? James Veaudry Pembroke, ON -- Hey Kerry, Youll get a lot of these, but why was the Montreal goal against Nashville Saturday night overturned? Eller puts the puck on net and the on ice ruling from the ref behind the net is a Montreal goal. http://www.falconsrookiestore.com/Falcons-Derrick-Coleman-Jersey/ . -- Five former Kansas City Chiefs players who were on the team between 1987 and 1993 filed a lawsuit Tuesday claiming the team hid and even lied about the risks of head injuries during that time period when there was no collective bargaining agreement in place in the NFL. GOLD COAST, Australia -- Andrew Dodt held the lead for the third straight round at the Australian PGA Championship on Saturday, hanging onto a two-stroke cushion after Adam Scott started fast but faded and Harold Varner III scrapped on the front nine and finished strongly.Dodt had five birdies and three bogeys as he went around in 70 on Saturday, moving to 14 under 202.A two-time winner on the European Tour, Dodt finds himself on rare ground going into the last round.My wins have been from behind, so this is new to me, he said. Im really trying to embrace it and enjoy my time out there.The first three rounds are irrelevant now. There are a lot of world- class players behind me, so Ive got to keep the foot down.Varner started the day five shots off the pace and narrowed the gap to two, moving into a share of second spot at 12 under with Australian Ashley Hall after carding a 67 that included eagles at the 15th to the 17th and a clutch putt for a bogey at the 18th. Hall had two eagles and twice pulled level for the lead, but bogeys on the last two holes meant he finished with a 70.Varner, who was a runner-up here last year after losing a three-way playoff, had eight straight pars before a birdie at the 9th. He had another birdie at the par-5 12th and then unleashed a 364-meter drive (which he needed Scott to translate to 400 yards) on the 15th to set up an eagle. He had double-bogey at that same hold -- plus the 16th -- on Friday, so the big tee shot was a confidence boost.ddddddddddddAt the 17th, he holed a wedge from 114 meters and had a mini celebration. On the last, with thunder in the background and lightning in the distance, he hit into a bunker and put his third shot left of the green. So, he said, the putt for bogey was awesome.I hit it left, right and center, he said, explaining the damage limitation. Good momentum going into tomorrow, Im super excited .... set up best as Im going to be without leading.Former No.1-ranked Scott, who won the Australian PGA Championship in 2013, the same year he won the Masters, finished the third round in a share of fourth with John Senden after a 70. Scott had birdies at the 2nd and 8th and an eagle at the 9th to charge up the leaderboard but was wayward off the tee on the back nine, twice finding the water, and mixing three bogeys with another birdie to finish at 10 under.Im going to have to shoot a low score, but theres a low one out there, thats for sure, Scott said of the last round. I have to go out and have a good front nine and kind of get up near the lead like I did today. If I can do that, then theres a lot of pressure on the other guys who are trying to get maybe their first wins here of a big event.Ryan Fox slipped off the pace with three bogeys on his first five holes and was seven shots off the pace at 7 under in sixth place. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Stitched Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Wholesale NFL White Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys White NFL Jerseys Cheap Camo China NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Jerseys NFL China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor