ven though pace setters failed to set a st

in Quasselecke 22.09.2018 14:25
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The third preseason game is usually the dress rehearsal for the regular season, the one time in the four-game series when starters play into the third quarter as if the outcome mattered.It will be hard for the Kansas City Chiefs to approach Saturdays game in Chicago that way.Chiefs coach Andy Reid said after the final practice of the week Thursday that several starters and backups will not play due to injuries and their rehab situation. Among them are pass rusher Tamba Hali, running backs Jamaal Charles and Charcandrick West and linebacker Josh Mauga.We were able to get some good work out of some of the guys who were hurt, Reid said. I thought that was important this week. But they have a couple more weeks before we start and we have one more game after this.The fourth preseason game is usually the game where starters play the fewest snaps, ensuring that they remain healthy for the games that count. But in this unorthodox preseason, big names such as Hali and Charles may find their way onto the field against Green Bay.Hali returned to practice this week after offseason knee surgery, though the Chiefs are taking a slow approach to working him into the mix. He routinely sits out some of the drills, much like he did last season, when he would only play on Sunday.Charles has been back for a couple weeks after surgery to repair his ACL last season. But much like Hali, Reid has taken a slow-and-steady approach to getting him back to work.The common denominator with both of them: They have done this before. Hali is entering his 11th year in the league, Charles is entering his ninth. So its not as if they need meaningless preseason games, even if its only to shake off the rust.Asked if they would play at all in the preseason, Reid replied: Only if I feel like theyre right. I think theyre all right, but Im not going to stick them out there if theres a question.Running backs coach Eric Bieniemy certainly isnt worried about Charles, who is coming back from a torn ACL for the second time.Hes done a great job this entire offseason, Bieniemy said. Hes right where he needs to be.West has been dealing with a mild elbow sprain that he sustained in the Chiefs first preseason game. He practiced Thursday wearing a bulky brace but, like Hali and Charles, is not going to be rushed back onto the field.Mauga continues to miss time with a groin injury. The presumptive starter alongside Derrick Johnson in the middle of the Chiefs defense was also inactive for Kansas Citys first two preseason games, which has raised the importance of the competition between Justin March and Ramik Wilson.Other players who will be inactive on Saturday include Tyler Bray, who is trying to earn a spot as the third-string quarterback behind Alex Smith and Nick Foles, and Dezman Moses, who is trying to prove he can prove depth at linebacker with Justin Houston out for the foreseeable future.One name not on the list? Phillip Gaines.The cornerback is also coming back from a torn ACL sustained last season, and hes first in line to start opposite defensive rookie of the year Marcus Peters. Gaines was inactive for the first two preseason games but participated more in practice this week and could play against the Bears.Theres a good chance, Reid said. Well see how he did today.Game notes Reid said the starters will play into the third quarter, then give way to the backups and third-teamers. He also hopes to get all four available QBs into the game with Aaron Murray and Kevin Hogan also trying to earn a roster spot.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: http://twitter.com/AP-NFL John Kelly Jersey .Y. -- Paul Byron and Matt Stajan scored as the Calgary Flames started a five-game road trip with a 2-1 overtime win over the Buffalo Sabres on Saturday afternoon. John Franklin-Myers Jersey . Mickelson barely made the cut but had the best round of the day with nine birdies and an eagle coupled with two bogeys to sit two shots behind leader Craig Lee of Scotland. Lee shot a 69 for a 12-under 204 total. "I just love the fact I am in contention and have an opportunity in my first tournament of the year here in Abu Dhabi," Mickelson said. http://www.footballramsshop.us/authentic-john-kelly-rams-jersey/ . The showiest items on Calgarys lot were forwards Mike Cammalleri and Lee Stempniak. Both will be unrestricted free agents this summer. Brian Allen Jersey . "Four now," Carl Gunnarsson told the Leaf Report proudly following a 5-2 victory over New York on Tuesday night, the clubs fifth straight at home. Joseph Noteboom Jersey . LOUIS -- Alexander Steen scored a power-play goal with 59. RIO DE JANEIRO -- One world record, one Olympic gold. That done, Almaz Ayana can start thinking about her best event.Ayana of Ethiopia delivered a stunning start to track and field at the Olympics on Friday with a world record in the 10,000 meters, wiping away the competition just after the halfway point and striding away to win with effortless grace.After crossing the finish line, she raised her hands in triumph and then stopped, coming to realize what she had done in only her second 10,000 at an important meet: Her time of 29 minutes, 17.45, had shaved 14.33 seconds off the 1993 mark of Chinas Wang Junxia.It was not my plan, Ayana said. Once she got going, no plan was going to stop her.At age 24, she beat the best from a previous generation. Kenyas Vivian Cheruiyot, 32, a four-time long- distance world champion placed a distant second, 15.18 seconds behind. Ayanas 31-year-old teammate, Tirunesh Dibaba, took bronze.It was a bittersweet moment for Dibaba, who had been trying to become the first woman to win an individual event for three Olympics in a row. She barely stood a chance once Ayana got going, but worked to get another medal for Ethiopia.Still, she said, I now have a bronze for my son, dedicating the medal to one-year-old Natan.Dibaba and Ayana held hands afterward -- a symbolic transition to a new era.Running with Dibaba gave me the energy, she said.If David Rudisha of Kenya provided an iconic moment four years ago in tthe London Olympics with his world record in the 800, it could be tough to find a better race than Ayanas in Rio, with nine more days to go.ddddddddddddAnd she has her favored 5,000 to come. She is convinced she still has enough in the tank for an encore. For the 5,000 I prepared well, and I dont think (running the 10,000) will make any difference. In Rome this spring, Ayana went within a second of the world mark in the 5,000, even though pace setters failed to set a steady pace.Fridays conditions were ideal -- cool and overcast with a damp track from morning rain. But the 60,000- capacity Olympic stadium was only a quarter full to see Ayanas accomplishment.The top 13 finishers all had milestones, with continental, national or personal records tumbling, perhaps making it one of the greatest womens long-distance races in history. Even double Olympic champion Tirunesh Dibaba had never run faster.Even though Kenya and Ethiopia are fierce rivals, it was the early strength of Alice Nawuwona that made Ayanas record run easier. The Kenyan delivered her at ideal pace at the halfway point, and Ayana put in a short sprint to sap any confidence from her rivals.Steadily, the world record became a possibility. With each lap, Ayana built a massive cushion.---Follow Raf Casert on Twitter at http://twitter.com/rcasert Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Stitched Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Wholesale NFL White Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys White NFL Jerseys Cheap Camo China NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Jerseys NFL China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor