ff the dribble. Green hits just 27.4 percent o

in Quasselecke 22.09.2018 14:24
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

CLEVELAND -- Even if he did not have a supermodel spouse, Tom Brady would be living a life to die for. Fame, fortune, championships, leading-man looks and a job that makes him one of the most recognizable American men on the planet. Who wouldnt want all of that?But upon further review, this is one glamour boy who has never been about the glamour. For however many commercial endorsements Brady has, he could have dozens more. He surrendered that marketing battle to his retired rival, Peyton Manning, a long time ago.In other words, Brady is the ultimate grinder, a full-scholarship player who built his legend around a walk-ons approach to success. This was back on display about an hour before his return to the NFL, when Brady, 39, was already breathing hard and working himself into a lather Sunday in the bowels of FirstEnergy Stadium. Outside the New England Patriots locker room, he was pumping his arms and knees while running pregame wind sprints. Pregame wind sprints with a resistance band strapped around his waist and tethered to a trailing team staffer who was providing the resistance.This is the Brady you never see but sometimes read about, the guy who tortures his body and strains his brain to prepare himself for every given Sunday. Its hard work being a franchise player for a four-time Super Bowl winner, even harder when your boss -- in this case NFL commissioner Roger Goodell -- forces you to take an unpaid four-week vacation from a position that requires constant reps in order to survive, never mind thrive.Brady doesnt make it look as easy as it looked Sunday by accident. Of course, the winless Cleveland Browns contributed to the cause, providing less resistance to Brady than that staffer holding the band. But the home teams considerable flaws didnt define Bradys performance any more than the Deflategate suspension will define his career. Bradys 406-yard, three-touchdown debut in the Patriots 33-13 victory was just another reminder that the quarterbacks insatiable desire to be great has always been his most lethal weapon.I want to do the best job I can for the city, for all of New England, and for my teammates, and for my family, Brady said. With all of these players, you put a lot into it and ... you have to make certain choices in your life in order to play this game. You need a lot of support from your family and friends to do that, certainly from our fans.I love running out in front of 70,000 people that are cheering for us. I love running out when weve got 20,000 fans cheering us, and weve got 50,000 against us. Its just fun to run out and play.Brady had a blast at the Browns expense, throwing himself a comeback party that began in pregame warm-ups, when he pumped his fist at the overflow number of Patriots fans who had poured into town. On his first series, Brady completed his first three passes, hit Rob Gronkowski for 34 yards to the Cleveland 2, and celebrated LeGarrette Blounts 1-yard touchdown run around left end by turning toward his bench and pumping his fist even before Blount crossed the goal line to finish the 80-yard drive.Brady threw a 7-yard scoring pass to Martellus Bennett to punctuate his next series and then found Chris Hogan for 43 yards on the following possession to set up his second of three touchdown throws to Bennett. Brady later stepped into a perfect 63-yard heave to a streaking Hogan down the right sideline, defying his age and any notion that his right arm should be rusty, and closed out the first half with these staggering numbers: 18 completions in 25 attempts, 271 yards, two touchdowns.They have a big-time quarterback, said the losing coach, Hue Jackson.A big-time quarterback with a big-time source of extra motivation. Over the years, superstar athletes the likes of Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods have publicly admitted that real and imagined slights have driven them to a higher level of achievement. Asked if the same applied to him Sunday, Brady responded with an artful deflection.This isnt a time for me to reflect, he said. Im just happy we won today. Were not going to win every time we play. Ive got a job to do, and theres no point in looking back at anything, whether we won Super Bowls or lost championship games or the last four weeks. None of that matters.But Aaron Shea, a former Michigan and Browns tight end who is Bradys close friend, said last week that the Deflategate case hurt Tommy a lot more than hell let anyone know and that he feels certain Brady wants to stick it to Goodell by playing 2016 at the highest possible level. If so, Brady has his reasons. Outside the stadium before the game, a group of Browns fans approached a group of Patriots fans on West 6th Street and shouted, Cheaters. A moment passed before a woman in a Brady jersey fired back. Losers, she barked.Asked in his postgame news conference what hed say to those who feel Deflategate would be a stain on his career, Brady said, Ive just moved on, man. Im just trying to play a good game today.He played a hell of a game, too, completing multiple passes to seven receivers. Hogan, the kid from Monmouth, had 114 receiving yards. Gronk checked in with 109 receiving yards and wasnt even the best Patriots tight end on the field. In this rehab start of sorts, Brady looked like he was throwing BP fastballs, nice and easy and right in the heart of the strike zone.The visiting fans chanted his name, and perhaps Brady wanted to reward them for their loyalty and affection. So while holding a 30-7 lead in the third quarter, Brady did something that was downright mad -- he took off and ran with much bigger defenders on his heels.Understand that Tom Brady is in his 16th year as a starter, and though hes thrown for more than 58,000 yards in the regular season, he still hasnt rushed for even 900 (he has 999 if you include the postseason). In fact, when he tried and failed to escape an earlier sack, he moved as if Gronk and Bennett were strapped to his back. But something inspired Brady to take off out of the shotgun on third down at the New England 31, and take off (well, sort of) the old quarterback did. Brady gained 4 yards and a first down the hard way before getting blasted near the sideline, undoubtedly sending a shiver or three down coach Bill Belichicks spine. On cue, a defiant Brady hopped to his feet, planted his left hand on his right shoulder, and dramatically extended his right arm toward the sky to signal a first down.I dont run much, Brady said, so I was a little excited. I was just glad we got the first down.He spent most of his session with the press downplaying any Deflategate-related emotion and channeling questions about him into answers about the team. Belichick? He addressed Bradys effort like hed addressed Jimmy Garoppolos and Jacoby Brissetts in his absence -- as just another day to move on from. Just another day in the grind.If Belichick was moved by his own personal stake in this trip, a return to the city where hed worked five years as a first-time head coach, he wasnt asked about it. Brady was the one and only topic of discussion, and the most interesting thing Belichick had to say of his quarterback was this: I think theres a lot of things he needs to work on.Brady would have it no other way. He left the game with 6:02 to play, shook Belichicks hand, removed his helmet, and hugged defensive coordinator Matt Patricia. Soon enough Brady would be on a bus, and on a plane back home to his near-perfect life, and to a diet, workout regimen, and film study schedule that would leave most men on their knees crying uncle in five days.This is a blue-collar quarterback with a white-collar profile. You saw that first-down run from a lead-footed, 39-year-old man so desperate to win a record fifth Super Bowl ring that hed put himself in harms way with a 30-7 lead over the winless Cleveland Browns?You really shouldve seen him running with that resistance band in the hallway about an hour before kickoff. The scene was a reminder that Tom Bradys career has always been about his heart, not his arm or his brain. http://www.steelersrookiestore.com/Steelers-Tj-Watt-Jersey/ . Mickelson barely made the cut but had the best round of the day with nine birdies and an eagle coupled with two bogeys to sit two shots behind leader Craig Lee of Scotland. Lee shot a 69 for a 12-under 204 total. "I just love the fact I am in contention and have an opportunity in my first tournament of the year here in Abu Dhabi," Mickelson said. http://www.steelersrookiestore.com/Steelers-Eli-Rogers-Jersey/ . Miller finished in two minutes, 6.09 seconds, one day before the first medal race on the Alpine schedule. The 36-year-old American also turned in the top time in Thursdays opening training session. http://www.steelersrookiestore.com/Steelers-Franco-Harris-Jersey/ . The 17-year-old native of Marystown, N.L., pulled out of Skate Canada International last month in Saint John, N.B., with the same problem. http://www.steelersrookiestore.com/Customized/ . PETERSBURG, Fla. http://www.steelersrookiestore.com/Steelers-Jack-Butler-Jersey/ . The Montreal Canadiens announced on Friday that the veteran forward will return to the teams line-up on Saturday night when the Habs visit the Nashville Predators. SAN ANTONIO -- San Antonio Spurs guard Danny Green refuses to visualize potential eyesight issues as the culprit in a subpar 2015-16 campaign, in which he finished with the second-lowest three-point shooting percentage of his career (33.2).Still, that didnt stop the eighth-year veteran from undergoing LASIK eye surgery shortly after the teams loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder in the Western Conference semifinals.My eyesight wasnt that bad to begin with, Green said.Perhaps thats true. But Green knocked down just 30.1 percent from three-point range during the 2015 calendar year; this, after connecting on better than 40 percent from long range over his first four seasons in San Antonio.San Antonio waited and waited throughout the season for Green to shake the slump. Then, it appeared Greens struggles were finally subsiding when in January he nailed 49.1 percent from long range. But after the All-Star break, Green watched his three-point shooting percentage sink to 27.7 percent.Then, surprisingly, Green found his shot again in the playoffs; hitting 24 of his 48 attempts from three-point range.Im not gonna say it was [vision issues], Green said. I got the procedure done, [and] it helps. But that wasnt the reason why I was shooting poorly. Some seasons, you have good ones. Sometimes, you have bad ones. Sometimes, its due to adjusting to chemistry. Sometimes its due to injury. Sometimes, you just dont shoot it well. Sometimes, its mental.For me, its just really building that confidence back up mentally, physically staying healthy, fitting into this system and jelling with these guys as fast as possible so that Im adjusted well, and can pick and choose my spots so I dont shoot as poorly as I did last year.Green cant afford to, considering more than 60 percent of his shots come from 3-point range, and the fact hes struggled throughout his career to create off the dribble. Green hits just 27.4 percent on pull-up attempts, and he compensated for the long-range shootiing woes by attempting fewer shots, which caused his usage rate to dip to a career-low 14.dddddddddddd6 percent.Hes always been able to space the floor with how well he shoots, forward Kyle Anderson said. But it just takes it to another level when hes consistent with that 40 percent [connection rate]. We know hell hit shots. We depend on him, and we know hell knock them down. Hes a proven shooter in this league. So with him on the floor, regardless, we have faith in him to take that next shot.Interestingly, Greens prowess on defense made up last season for what he lacked on the offensive end, according to Spurs coach Gregg Popovich.Greens plus-2.9 defensive rating in ESPNs real plus-minus (RPM) led all shooting guards, as he blocked 2.4 percent of opponents 2-point attempts.I just beat him up, and say, What have you done for us lately? Gregg Popovich joked. Im not sure that [LASIK surgery is] gonna [be] a significant factor in his recovery. Hell be fine. He always plays good defense. So hell make more shots this year. It just happens. Its called sports. Sometimes, hitters dont hit.Other times, players wind up taking hits, which is why Green practiced for the first time on Wednesday after missing the first week of training camp and the clubs exhibition opener at Phoenix due to a thigh bruise.Popovich estimated that Green participated Wednesday in approximately 75 percent of the teams workout, but the expectation is the third-longest tenured Spur outside of Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili will play on Saturday when San Antonio hosts the Atlanta Hawks at the AT&T Center.Its just turning the page, Green said of last season. Its in the past. Its just the life of a shooter. You cant think about the last shot or the last game. You have to think about the next one. The next one could change the whole momentum of any game or any situation. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Stitched Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Wholesale NFL White Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys White NFL Jerseys Cheap Camo China NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Jerseys NFL China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor