White Sox on June 27 in Chicago

in Events in der Region 12.09.2018 05:19
von chenyan94 • 506 Beiträge

The Seahawks underwent serious changes on both sides of the ball this offseason Joe Berger Jersey , including the arrival of a new offensive coordinator in Brian Schottenheimer and new offensive line coach in Mike Solari.

After spending the offseason working with them, center Justin Britt is feeling bullish about what those changes will mean for the team. Britt said the two coaches have brought a different perspective in “a real good way.”

Part of that perspective has been “kind of re-introducing us to our old attitude” when it comes to building a strong running game after struggling on that front over the last two seasons. Britt also noted that the team has younger players than they have in past years and thinks that shift has had a positive impact.

“I think this is the youngest we鈥檝e been since I鈥檝e been here, so you see a lot of speed, a lot of energy, a lot of enthusiasm, a lot of want-to and not a lot of have-to Corey Linsley Jersey ,” Britt said, via the team’s website. “The attitude is right, I鈥檓 excited heading into camp after having the OTA and minicamp that we鈥檝e had. If we stay on course like the way we are, I don鈥檛 see why we can鈥檛 be one of the top offenses in the league. We have the tools, we have the coaching and we have the attitude, so we just have to have a good six weeks leading up to camp Keith Tandy Jersey , and hit it full stride.”

The talk all offseason in Seattle has been about reinvigoration after missing the playoffs last season. Britt’s feelings fit right into that mindset, although any final judgments will have to wait until the pads come on.

MINNEAPOLIS — Kevin Gausman has been one of the few bright spots in an otherwise dismal season for the Baltimore Orioles, who bring the worst record in baseball to Target Field on Saturday as they continue a four-game series with the Minnesota Twins.

Gausman takes the mound with a 2.76 ERA in his last five outings and is fresh off perhaps one of his best starts of the year. He held the Los Angeles to one run and two hits and didn’t walk a batter in eight innings on July 2 for his first victory since May 11 — a span of nine starts — and is now 4-6 with a 4.05 ERA this season.

“I felt like early on in the season, I kind of put together a little bit better of a month, but I feel like I’m throwing the ball well,” Gausman said. “I feel really good in my delivery C. J. Beathard Jersey , and ever since I went hands over the head,

“I feel like this has just been night and day, able to command the ball and really all my off-speed pitches. That’s the key word — consistency. You’re always trying to be the same guy every five days.”

Orioles manager Buck Showalter thinks Gausman’s success this season is overlooked in part because of the team’s record, but also because of the competition he has faced.

“I don’t chuckle or eye-roll or any of that stuff,” Showalter said. “When I hear people kind of negative, Kevin has cut his teeth in the American League East and he’s kind of a good hardened to it. This guy doesn’t dwell around too much on successes and failures.”

Success has been hard to come by for the Orioles lately and failure has been plentiful.

Baltimore’s loss Friday night in Minnesota extended its losing streak to four games. The Orioles have dropped 11 of their last 12 games and 22 of their last 27 overall while winning only two in their last seven series.

They’ll try to turn that around Saturday against Twins right-hander Kyle Gibson Derek Watt Jersey , who has been the poster child for lack of run support this season.

He has allowed more than three runs in a game just once since May 18 — a span of eight starts — but has taken the victory just twice. In the six other games, the Twins have averaged just 1.8 runs.

Gibson hasn’t let the tough luck get to him.

“We’ll start being on the right side of these games,” Gibson said. “We’ve just been running into some pitchers throwing the ball well and caught a couple tough breaks offensively.”

His last two starts haven’t been among his best. He allowed a season-high five runs and 11 hits against the White Sox on June 27 in Chicago and the Milwaukee Brewers followed by tagging him for four (three earned) in five innings earlier this week in Milwaukee.

Saturday will mark Gibson’s ninth career start against the Orioles. In the eight previous meetings, he’s 3-2 with a 5.06 ERA.

He faced them once already this season, throwing six no-hit innings with six strikeouts on March 31 in Baltimore.

Authentic Womens Jaleel Scott Jersey

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor