wants to be run-first team

in Events in der Region 11.09.2018 10:20
von chenyan94 • 506 Beiträge

Baker Mayfield‘s stats were good. But perhaps the most important thing the Browns quarterback did in his debut won’t show up in a box score.

The No. 1 overall pick played well Weston Richburg Jersey , for sure. But the 54-yard touchdown pass to Antonio Callaway in the second half might not have been possible without Mayfield getting his fellow rookie back on track.

Callaway, as you might have heard, has had a rough week. He was cited for an expired license and possession of a small amount of marijuana, which he said wasn’t his. His bosses scolded him (after promoting him to the starting lineup). Then he started the first half poorly, with two passes bouncing off his fingertips and dropping another.

Mayfield stayed in his ear Javorius Allen Jersey , and in the second half Callaway caught three of his four targets for 87 yards, including the highlight-reel touchdown.

“I just kept telling him ‘fight through it, just keep going, keep pushing through it‘ because I needed him,” Mayfield said of Callaway James Harrison Jersey , via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “When you’re tired you’ve got to be able to focus. He’s a guy that we’re going to be counting on to play and so third and fourth quarter he’s got to be able to run those routes and execute it and make adjustments on the fly.”

That’s the kind of steadying influence teams need at quarterback, and a strong indicator for Mayfield’s future. He went 11-of-20 for 212 yards and two touchdowns, posting a 125.4 rating in seven possessions.

“I’m not surprised by anything Baker does because I see him do it on the practice field,” Browns coach Hue Jackson said. “Obviously, the throws he makes Marcus Sherels Jersey , the poise he has, he demonstrated all of that in college so I’m not surprised by it. Again, this is his first opportunity and he will grow from it. There are things he will learn from and continue to get better at, but it was a good start for him.”

The Browns are steadfast that Tyrod Taylor‘s their starting quarterback for now. But they took Mayfield first overall for a reason, and the signs he showed in the first game indicate they got that decision right for a change.

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS (12-7)

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS: WRs Allen Robinson Derrick Thomas Jersey , Marqise Lee and Arrelious Benn; CB Aaron Colvin; LBs Paul Posluszny and Lerentee McCray; OL Patrick Omameh; QB Chad Henne; TE Mychal Rivera; S Peyton Thompson; LS Matt Overton.

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS: RB Corey Grant; LB Donald Payne.

NEEDS: Offensive help. With futures of wideouts Robinson, Lee and Allen Hurns unclear, Jaguars have to add playmakers to take some burden off second-year RB Leonard Fournette and inconsistent QB Blake Bortles. Jags also have 33-year-old TE Marcedes Lewis entering 13th season and needing to cut back on playing time, so they could have several new faces on that side of ball. Multiple WRs and at least one TE are possibilities in free agency and/or draft. Backup QB also needed. Coach Doug Marrone wants to be run-first team and needs explosive personnel outside to reduce and maybe eliminate eight- and nine-man defensive fronts.

AVAILABLE SALARY CAP SPACE (approximately): $29 million.

Womens Kenny Young Jersey

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor