an.MacArthurs absence leaves a void both on

in Quasselecke 04.09.2018 12:44
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

Sir Chris Hoy and Sir Dave Brailsford have praised Ian Drake after British Cyclings chief executive announced he will step down in April.Drakes association with the national governing body began in 1995 and he has been chief executive since 2009. But he quits after a year of highs and lows.Great Britain topped cyclings medal table at the Rio Olympics and Paralympics, but there have been numerous controversies too, including an ongoing investigation into British Cycling and Team Sky by UK Anti-Doping over allegations of wrongdoing within cycling.Both the racing team and the governing body deny any wrongdoing. In a statement, Drake, who will remain in position to give time for his successor to be appointed, said: Some time ago I made the decision that the Rio Games would be my last as CEO of British Cycling.I believe that the end of this Olympic cycle is the natural moment for a new CEO to take the organisation forward into the Tokyo Games and beyond.Drake can celebrate many successes during his tenure as cycling has become Britains most successful Olympic sport, winning seven out of 10 gold medals on the track at Beijing 2008 and London 2012 and six out of 10 in August in Rio.Sir Bradley Wiggins became the first British Tour winner in 2012, in the 99th edition, with Chris Froome subsequently winning the race three times.Meanwhile, British Cycling now has 129,000 members.Six-time Olympic champion Hoy said: It was his vision to connect elite success with inspiration to participation, instilling in all athletes the awareness that it was not enough to win medals, but that we also need to inspire people to ride their bikes.Team Sky principal Brailsford, British Cycling performance director until April 2014, said: Ians legacy to cycling has been huge. He has been the architect of the grassroots revolution of the sport over the last decade and led British cycling to unprecedented success in Rio. His passion for cycling has shone through in everything he has done - from campaigning for safer cycling through to promoting mass participation events.He has led the way in building cycling facilities and infrastructure and under his leadership British Cycling membership has grown to the largest in its history.He has done all this with the highest standards of professionalism and integrity and the sport owes him a huge debt of gratitude.Brailsfords comments come at a time when British Cyclings relationship with Team Sky is under intense scrutiny.Team Sky and British Cycling have been intertwined since the road teams inception in 2009 and first season in 2010, with many staff and riders employed by both teams.Team Sky are involved in a furore following the decision to seek permission for Wiggins to use otherwise banned substances, and Brailsfords squad is now under investigation by UKAD.It is the latest crisis engulfing the sport in Britain in a 2016 mixed with great success and bitter controversy.Drake in recent weeks has secured an eight-year sponsorship agreement with banking giant HSBC, replacing Sky as British Cyclings lead sponsor - the media company remains sponsor of the professional road team - and been part of the team which won the bid to bring the 2019 Road World Championships to Yorkshire. However, recent months have been the most challenging of his leadership.Shane Sutton left his role as British Cycling technical director in April, 100 days prior to the Rio Olympics, following discrimination allegations.Sutton denies the allegations, which prompted an independent review. The review, commissioned by British Cycling and UK Sport, is scheduled to conclude imminently.The news of Drakes departure means British Cycling is now searching for two leading figures. British Cycling on Wednesday announced it was beginning the recruitment process for a new performance director. And now it is also searching for a chief executive.Drake added: All organisations, particularly those operating at the highest level of sport, periodically require new leadership to take them to greater heights and tackle their new challenges - now is the right moment for both myself and British Cycling to move on. Cheapest NFL Jerseys China . Olli Jokinen, Mark Scheifele, and Bryan Little each had a goal and an assist as Winnipeg won 5-2, handing Calgary its record-setting seventh consecutive loss on home ice. Authentic College Jerseys . 1 position. The Mustangs (6-0), who beat Queens 50-31 last weekend, earned 17 first-place votes and 287 points in voting by the Football Reporters of Canada. Western was last ranked first in the country in October 2011. http://www.collegecheapjerseys.com/ . -- Matt Ryan needed one of the best games of his career to lead the Falcons and their depleted offence out of their three-game losing streak last week. NCAA Jerseys From China . "Jeff is a hard worker who was an important special-teams contributor for us last season," said Stamps GM John Hufnagel. Cheap NFL Jerseys China .C. -- Rodney Hood connected from all over the court while freshman Jabari Parker was busy swatting shots and scoring in transition. OTTAWA, Ontario -- Clarke MacArthur reported to the Ottawa Senators training camp healthy and excited for the season. He never imagined his plans would be derailed in a simple scrimmage.Speaking to the media for the first time since suffering his fourth concussion, the 31-year-old player talked about the hit that knocked him out of action and vowed to return to the ice this season.Playing in a Sept. 25 scrimmage, MacArthur had just played a puck in the corner and was about to turn up ice when he was hit by defenseman Patrick Sieloff.First thing I remember I was looking straight up at the bright lights, like I was at a KISS concert or something, MacArthur said. Then I kind of put two and two together what happened. I was upset, obviously. Just going through what I went through last year I was just praying it wasnt going to be the same thing and so far things have been a lot better and moving along a lot quicker.MacArthur entered the scrimmage symptom-free after missing all but four games last season as he recovered from a previous devastating concussion.He has been at the rink regularly and has even resumed light skating of late. He continues to suffer some symptoms, but not to the same degree as last year when he could barely function.And MacArthur was quick to affirm hes not currently considering retirement.No. At this point I was obviously devastated by the hit, along with other people who have been around me and been through it, but Im standing up here today and hopefully the next time we do this it will be before my first game or another step forward in a positive way, MacArthur said.Married and a father of two young children, MacArthur understands people will question his decision to return to the game, but says only he can know whats in his best interest.ddddddddddddI take my information from the doctors, he said. Were taking it a step at a time and if they say Im OK to play then I want to keep playing.I just feel at my age I still have a lot to give and Im not ready for the next chapter yet so Im going to continue with this one if I can. Im the only one who knows how my body feels. I feel if I can keep making steps in the right direction, then some people wont like it, but there will be people that do like it too. I want to continue playing if I can.MacArthurs absence leaves a void both on and off the ice. Not only is he a skilled forward, but he is easily one of the most popular members of the team and a significant part of the leadership group.The Senators want to ensure MacArthur feels part of the team, and he will join the team for its western Canadian trip next week.To see him battling the way he is and showing persistence means a lot to us, defenseman Mark Borowiecki said. Hes just such a huge part of this team. To have him around us is special for all of us. You never want to see something like this happen to anyone, but it stings a little more when its someone like Clarke. It will be great to have him on the road.At this point MacArthur has no timetable on his return, but is willing to be patient.Its hard to say right now, he said. Every day Im trying to just do a little more and see where Im at every day. Im slowly getting better. Its going to take a while. China NFL Jerseys White Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Wholesale NFL Hoodies Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Wholesale NFL T-shirts Disocunt Football Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale NFL T-shirts Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Black China NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor