- Frantically trying to protect a slim lead late in the fourth quarter, the Baltimore Ravens pass rushers let Ryan Tannehill sli

in Quasselecke 04.09.2018 09:14
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.650 Beiträge

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. Guy Lapointe Jersey . -- Frantically trying to protect a slim lead late in the fourth quarter, the Baltimore Ravens pass rushers let Ryan Tannehill slip away to throw for a big gain. The next time they made sure he didnt escape. Elvis Dumervil sacked Tannehill for a 5-yard loss in the final minute to push the Miami Dolphins to the edge of field-goal range, and two plays later Caleb Sturgis missed a 57-yard try, giving Baltimore a 26-23 victory Sunday. Baltimore finished with six sacks, three by Terrell Suggs. "We werent perfect, but we made plays we needed to," Suggs said. Justin Tucker kicked a 44-yard field goal to put the Ravens ahead with 1:42 left. Then Tannehill, under pressure all day, scrambled to his left before completing a 46-yard pass to Brandon Gibson on fourth down to keep the Dolphins hopes alive and give them a first down at the 34. Dumervil pushed them back to the 39. "We had good coverage, and I was able to make the play," he said. That might have been enough to make Sturgis miss. He was wide left with 33 seconds to go. "Bad time to miss," said the rookie, who had been 10 for 10. "I wanted to make sure I got it there. Unfortunately I hooked it pretty good." The Ravens (3-2) rediscovered their ground game, bounced back from a loss last week at Buffalo and won on the road for the first time this season. The Dolphins (3-2) lost their second game in a row, with their pass protection again a culprit. Tannehill came into the game with 18 sacks, the most of any NFL quarterback. "Its hard to function offensively when youre going backward," coach Joe Philbin said. "Were going to fix the problems we have. Were not going to sweep them under the rug." Baltimores Joe Flacco passed for 269 yards and had one interception after throwing a career-high five interceptions last week. He had three completions of at least 40 yards, and each set up a score. The Ravens ran for a season-high 133 yards. Ray Rice rushed for a season-best 74 and caught six passes for 28. Torrey Smith made six catches for 121 yards. Despite being outgained and outplayed, the Dolphins mounted a furious rally. Trailing 23-13 with 10 minutes left, they scored twice in 95 seconds. Reshad Jones tied the game at 23 by returning an interception 25 yards for a touchdown. Flacco was throwing from the goal line on third down when his right arm and the ball were hit by Dion Jordan, and the pass fluttered to Jones, who ran untouched for the score. "Stuff happens," Flacco said. "You get mad at yourself for a couple of seconds, then you go to the sideline to regroup." "Joe never gets fazed," coach John Harbaugh said. "Hes not going to get rattled." Flacco moved Baltimore 34 yards to set up Tuckers tiebreaking field goal, his fourth of the day. The score triggered a roar, with perhaps 10,000 Ravens rooters in the crowd of 68,342. "How many fans did we have here?" Harbaugh said. "It seemed like half the stadium. They were loud the whole game." Flacco led drives of 80, 73 and 94 yards on the Ravens first three possessions of the second half, each resulting in a score to transform a 13-6 deficit into a 23-13 lead. Tannehill couldnt quite keep up. He finished 21 for 40 for 307 yards with one touchdown and no turnovers, but the Ravens sacks cost Miami 35 yards. "We knew coming in they had a good pass rush," Tannehill said. "Especially when you get behind 10, we knew they were going to be teeing off. As a unit we just all need to step up and do everything we can to handle the pass rush." The pressure was fiercest in the fourth quarter, when Suggs had all of his sacks. "My wife told me, Bring mama home three sacks," he said. "It came down the stretch and it was time to get going." Notes: Dolphins DE Cameron Wake, nursing a left knee injury, started but played only briefly. Miami LB Dannell Ellerbe hurt his shoulder in the second quarter. CB Nolan Carroll left the game in the third quarter with a rib injury. ... Ravens G Kelechi Osemele was sidelined by back spasms. ... An interception by Baltimores James Ihedigbo was overturned, with the replay judge determining he was out of bounds. ... Bernard Pierce had a 28-yard run, the Ravens longest this season. ... Miamis Mike Wallace had seven catches for 105 yards, but also dropped at least two passes. Charlie Lindgren Jersey . Browns advice worked. Irving scored 20 points, including seven in the fourth quarter, and Cleveland defeated the Los Angeles Clippers 88-82 Saturday night. Irving made his first shot of the night on a layup a little over three minutes into the game. Alexei Kovalev Jersey . She was a pioneer. She did things on skis that made the birds take notice. http://www.cheapcanadiensjerseys.com/?tag=adidas-jonathan-drouin-jersey . All of 46 seconds into the Pittsburgh Penguins 3-2 victory over Alex Ovechkins struggling Washington Capitals, Crosby assisted on Chris Kunitzs goal.SAN JOSE, Calif. -- The pain of another playoff collapse was still fresh less than two days later as the San Jose Sharks packed up for another early summer. General manager Doug Wilson expressed his still boiling anger in a team meeting Friday and vowed that the status quo is not an option after the Sharks became the fourth NHL team to lose a best-of-seven series after winning the first three games. But Wilson said it will be his recommendation that the change not include coach Todd McLellan. Wilson said he has not yet talked to owner Hasso Plattner and acknowledged that he also is under evaluation. Wilson said the final decision on what the Sharks will do going forward will likely be made in the next two weeks. "This is not a nick or a scratch," Wilson said. "This is an open wound. When the emotions are raw, the emotions should run deep and resonate and live for a long time. We have already started the process of what decisions were going to make." The Sharks won the first three games of the series by a margin of 17-8. But they managed only two goals in the final three games in the latest playoff disappointment for a franchise that has the second-most points in the regular season the past 10 seasons but is still looking for its first Stanley Cup appearance. McLellan took the blame for the collapse after the Game 7 loss and said he is even more frustrated two days later with his teams performance in their second straight playoff loss to the Kings. "Something has to change," McLellan said. "Its two years in a row losing to that team, and its a very good team, too. Let me make that very clear. But its two years in a row losing to them. And, in fact, when we thought we had improved our group -- which I believe we did -- we got a weaker performance than we go the year prior." McLellan has the support of his players as well, who universally praised the job hes done the past six years even if it hasnt transslated into the ultimate post-season success. Charles Hudon Jersey. . "I dont think the coaching is the problem. Ive had some bad coaches in the past," defenceman Dan Boyle said. "Its on the players. Were the ones that go out there and need to get it done. We didnt." The Sharks entered the playoffs almost completely healthy and looked like they were finally ready to make a run to the first Stanley Cup in franchise history the way they shredded the leagues top defensive team the first three games. But the offence dried up late in the series with the only two goals in the final three games coming from fill-in defenceman Matt Irwin and third-line forward James Sheppard. "Theres no sugarcoating it. When youre up 3-0 in a series, you step on their throat and put them away," Wilson said. "They came back and were able to play and establish their game for four games. We played it for three. Its not good enough. Thats the truth." Captain Joe Thornton, linemate Brent Burns and Logan Couture had no points in the final four games. Patrick Marleau and Joe Pavelski didnt have a goal or an assist in the last three. The power-play went 0-for-15 in the final three games, including four blown chances in the second period of Game 7 when the Sharks were either ahead or tied. "I think Ill think about that probably until next year sometime," Thornton said. "The way we played in the first three games and then what we did in the last four, its mindboggling. I think I will lose sleep probably for the next couple months." The Sharks have five unrestricted free agents: Boyle and Scott Hannan, goalie Alex Stalock and forwards Mike Brown and Bracken Kearns. San Jose also has the option of buying out up to two players this summer with forward Marty Havlat the most likely after being a healthy scratch for six of the seven games against the Kings. Cheap Steelers Jerseys Cheap Patriots Jerseys Cheap Bills Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Giants Jerseys Cheap Redskins Jerseys Cheap Bears Jerseys Cheap Eagles Jerseys Cheap Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Raiders Jerseys Cheap Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Panthers Jerseys Cheap Lions Jerseys Cheap Browns Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor