he joy, the excitement you get from havi

in Quasselecke 03.09.2018 11:21
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

SEATTLE, Washington - Its far too early to make bold pronouncements about the return to form of Josh Johnson but, if it is to be, it had to start somewhere. Maybe, on a glorious night in the Pacific Northwest, Safeco Field was the place. “Awesome,” said Johnson, who won just his second game of the season and first since June 23, the last game of the Blue Jays seems-so-long-ago 11-game winning streak. “What me and (pitching coach) Pete (Walker) have been working on is definitely working so got to stick with it and keep it rolling.” Johnsons performance – five innings, no runs on five hits, two walks and five strikeouts and 86 pitches – was more than the Blue Jays would need on a night when a combination of timely offense and poor defense by the Mariners conspired to put Toronto comfortably ahead by the midway point of the game. The Blue Jays won 7-2. Entering the game on a personal six-game losing skid and seemingly unable to pitch out of the stretch with any success, Johnson had given up multiple runs in the inning in which hes allowed his first base runner of the game in seven straight starts, Johnson secured a crucial double play ball to end the first. The Mariners had runners at the corners and one out. “Huge, huge,” said Johnson. “I threw some good pitches to get double plays. I hadnt been doing that in a long time so it was a good feeling.” Johnson spoke to a group of reporters on Saturday in Anaheim. Hed just thrown his bullpen, which included a lengthy chat with Walker and his catcher on Tuesday night, Josh Thole. His focus in the side session was staying on top of the baseball through his delivery. If successful, hed better command his fastball and get sharper bite on his breaking pitches. Johnson felt, on Saturday, as though hed turned a corner less than 48 hours after his latest rocky start against the Angels. Only time, his next outing, would tell the tale. He passed with flying colours. Both pitcher and manager were effusive in their praise of catcher Josh Thole, who filled in for J.P. Arencibia and handled a Johnson start for the first time this season. “Just being able to get on top of the baseball for my slider, my curveball, my fastball, threw a couple of sinkers,” said Johnson. “Thole was great back there.” “I liked the way they worked back there with Thole,” said John Gibbons. “I think we saw more curveballs than sliders and he was sticking it much better. He gave up some hits and he gave a couple where he had some base runners on but he worked out of some jams where in the past, I dont know three, four or five starts, guys were getting on and theyre opening the game up. It was a big day for him.” General manager Alex Anthopoulos was in attendance, so too was assistant Tony LaCava and professional scouting director Perry Minisian. None was there specifically for Johnsons start, the group has been along for most of the road trip, but Anthopoulos had stated for the first time publicly Johnsons status was being evaluated on a start to start basis. Johnsons bought himself more time. His next start is scheduled to be Monday afternoon, back home, against Oakland. “He was good today,” said shortstop Jose Reyes, who hit a home run on the first pitch of the ballgame. “Thats good to see JJ at least throw five shutout innings for his confidence and hopefully the next time he goes a little bit farther and pitches good for us because were going to need it.” Its too late to salvage a playoff run but Johnson still has time to salvage his own season and his reputation. Its too early to know if Tuesday was a turning point. Next Monday, against a better opponent, will be telling. NFL Jerseys From China . And when it opened, every player was at his stall. Thats a sure sign that a team is in a slump and is searching for answers. "Its embarrassing to be at home and play the way we did," said defenceman Josh Gorges. Cheap NFL Jerseys China . And follow TSN.ca right through Deadline Day for all the updates. From Pierre LeBrun While Anaheim GM Bob Murray said earlier this season he was not going to trade Jonas Hiller despite the fact hes an unrestricted free agent on July 1, some sources have told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun that Murray might be willing to move another goalie. http://www.nfljerseyswholesaleforsale.com/ . "It doesnt get any better than that," Giambi said. "Im speechless." The Indians are roaring toward October. Giambi belted a two-run, pinch-hit homer with two outs in the ninth inning to give Cleveland a shocking 5-4 win over the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night, keeping the Indians up with the lead pack in the AL wild-card race. Cheap NFL Jerseys . As he recorded his 23rd and 24th points of the evening, a segment of the sellout Air Canada Centre crowd expressed their appreciation for the Raptors point guard with a smattering of MVP chants. TAMPA, Fla. -- Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive tackle Gerald McCoy and players all across the NFL will wear custom cleats Sunday to bring awareness to their charities of choice, but McCoy said he wishes players had the freedom to do it more often.Weve got handcuffs on, said McCoy, a four-time Pro Bowler and seven-year veteran. I dont mind saying that because thats what I believe -- the NFL is putting handcuffs on us and not letting us express ourselves.McCoy will honor single parents during Sundays leaguewide My Cause, My Cleats day. His mother, Patricia Dianne McCoy, was a single mother before she met his father, Gerald Sr., along with several of his aunts and his wife, Ebony, before they were married. He saw it in school growing up and at his church, and he saw the impact.Guys get to express themselves and show whats in their heart and what means a lot to them, McCoy said. We dont get a chance to express ourselves much. Thats why there [are] a lot of fines going on, a lot of flags going on.And those feeling arent just limited to cleats or T-shirts -- such as the one he wore in warm-ups during Week 1 to honor those who perished and were involved in rescue efforts on Sept. 11. When it comes to on-field celebrations, he feels players need to be able to express their emotions.Its very hard to make a play in the NFL and to do it consistently. But just doing it once, that emotion comes out, McCoy said.He said he had to be careful with his celebration this past Sunday, so as to not cross the line or direct it at the opposition so it would be considering taunting. If any of his teammates got involved or mimicked his moves, it also could have been flagged, as choreographed celebrations are also prohibited. He celebrated by doing an airplane motion after his teams six-sack performance against the Seattle Seahawks?on Sunday.I know for a fact that when I was a rookie coming [into the league], Roger Goodell hhimself told us, my class, when we were in his office, was to show emotion on draft day.dddddddddddd And to be able to express how [we] feel playing this game and to show the joy, the excitement you get from having an opportunity to play in the NFL. So when guys are doing that and getting flagged for it, what kind of sense does that make?Its not like anybody is flipping the bird to the fans or anything like that -- guys are dancing maybe. Its just excitement from making a play. Guys are not cursing out reporters or anything. It takes the fun out of the game. You dont know what you can and cant do anymore. For them to give us an opportunity to express ourselves this week on our cleats is great.He said he hopes there can be a point when players can express themselves more, so fans can develop a greater connection with them.I dont think we have to bottle it up, McCoy said. I just dont think we can express it freely.He also hopes Sundays My Cause, My Cleats program can get the ball rolling on allowing players to choose who they want to honor and causes they want to bring awareness to. Mike Evans is using his platform Sunday to bring awareness to RISE, a program to help put an end to racism. Kwon Alexander will wear cleats with an anti-gun violence message, honoring his late brother, Broderick Taylor, who was 17 when he was shot and killed last year.Its just an opportunity to express yourself and what means something to you, McCoy said. A lot of people dont know whats close to peoples hearts. The NFL does a great job of expressing how they feel about the military and breast cancer, but [there are] a lot more things out there that people dont talk about.You dont know what means a lot to some of these other players. This is an opportunity for people to show what that thing is. China NFL Jerseys White Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Wholesale NFL Hoodies Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Wholesale NFL T-shirts Disocunt Football Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale NFL T-shirts Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Black China NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor