Stadium made

in Quasselecke 03.09.2018 08:34
von hongwei28 • 256 Beiträge

One bad inning seems to spoil every Michael Fulmer start.

The Detroit Tigers right-hander can look overpowering most of the time Anthony Munoz Jersey , but the opposition catches up to him at some point.

In Cincinnati three starts ago, he dominated for five innings before giving up two home runs in the sixth.

Against Oakland in his next outing, he lasted eight innings but gave up three runs in the third. Facing the Chicago Cubs on Tuesday, Fulmer tossed four scoreless innings but allowed three runs in the fifth.

He wound up with two losses and a no-decision in those starts. He’ll try to break the habit in the finale of a four-game series against the Texas Rangers on Sunday afternoon.

“Overall, it’s just kind of eliminating that one big inning,” Fulmer said of his struggles. “I feel like that’s what it is every start. If I can just keep the crooked numbers off the scoreboard every inning and just try to put up zeroes the best I can, the results will come eventually. I know I’ve been saying that for a while, but I feel like we’re close and I’m still happy with my stuff right now.”

Fulmer (3-7, 4.22 ERA) has posted one victory in his last seven outings. Run support has been spotty at best for him this season — he has given up two or fewer runs in eight starts — but he’d rather make things easier on his team.

“I feel like any given start Jared Goff Jersey , it just needs one complete game and we’re going to turn the corner,” he said. “Everything else feels good. I feel healthy, I feel strong and you can see that by the way I’m executing my pitches.”

Fulmer is 1-1 with a 4.58 ERA in three career starts against the Rangers. He can take inspiration from Jordan Zimmermann’s performance Friday after the veteran right-hander limited Texas to one run in eight innings and struck out 11.

“His command (Friday) was impeccable,” Fulmer said. “The biggest key for myself is trying to command the ball a little better.”

Detroit got another strong start Saturday from Mike Fiers, who gave up one run in six innings of the Tigers’ 7-1 win.

Right-hander Austin Bibens-Dirkx (1-2, 4.40) will oppose Fulmer. He has made three starts since being recalled from Triple-A Round Rock.

Bibens-Dirkx gave up five runs in six innings against Houston in his last start, but it could have been worse. All the runs came in the first three innings, but he settled down and retired nine of the last 12 batters he faced.

This will be Bibens-Dirkx’s first career start against the Tigers, but he tossed 4 2/3 innings of scoreless relief last season. He’s 4-1 with a 3.81 ERA in 14 road appearances (five starts) since making his major league debut as a 32-year-old last season.

Texas designated hitter Shin-Shoo Choo can establish a franchise on-base record Sunday. He tied Julio Franco’s 1993 mark by reaching base for the 46th consecutive game Saturday.

He had two doubles after homering Friday despite dealing with a quad injury.

“Very impressive what Choo’s doing Logan Thomas Jersey ,” manager Jeff Banister said. “Any time a player is battling through some nagging things and continuing to go out and perform is highly impressive. He’s a tremendous player. For me, it’s not just the on-base (streak), it’s how he’s playing, how he’s swinging the bat, the power, the extra-base hits and the walks.”

A look at what’s happening around the majors Tuesday:

YO, YOU GOOD?

Yoenis Cespedes and the Mets are awaiting a report and recommendation from doctors after the slugger had an MRI on both feet Monday. Cespedes may need surgery to address calcification on both heels that has bothered him for 15 years, and he said recently that surgery would sideline him for 8-to-10 months. ”I guess what we’re looking to find out is if it has progressed to the point where it’s something that cannot be managed with the conservative treatment that we’ve been using,” Mets assistant general manager John Ricco said.

Ricco said the Mets were aware of the foot problem when they acquired Cespedes from Detroit in July 2015. The 32-year-old has been treated with anti-inflammatory medication Trai Turner Jersey , stretching exercises and orthotics.

SOMETHING BREWING?

The Brewers were already rumored to be shopping ahead of the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline before starting pitcher Brent Suter said Monday he would need season-ending Tommy John surgery. The left-hander exited a start Sunday and was diagnosed with a torn ulnar collateral ligament a day later, ending his season after a career-high 101 1/3 innings. He was 8-7 with a 4.80 ERA in 20 appearances, including 18 starts.

Milwaukee has already been without ace Jimmy Nelson all season, while Zach Davies and Junior Guerra are also on the DL, though both are expected to return soon. Manager Craig Counsell says he’s confident in the five guys the Brewers have on-hand, but an arm might help Milwaukee as it chases the Cubs in the NL Central.

BIEBER VS BUCCOS

The Pirates offense is rolling, and Cleveland will ask rookie Shane Bieber to slow Pittsburgh’s roll. The Bucs have averaged 6.4 runs per game while winning 10 straight, including seven in four innings against Indians ace Corey Kluber in the series opener Monday. Bieber (5-1, 3.53) ranks among the game’s top rookies Calvin Johnson Jersey , though his ERA has risen by more than a run over his past four three starts.

BACK AT THE START

Kenta Maeda and Aaron Nola both return to the rotation after making their previous appearances out of the bullpen. The Dodgers‘ Maeda (7-5, 3.12) is coming off an unusual relief appearance July 15, facing two batters in the last game before the All-Star break to get a little work before an extended rest period. Meanwhile, Phillies ace Nola (12-3, 2.30) struck out two in a scoreless relief inning at the All-Star Game. He has allowed two-or-fewer runs in five straight starts.

Deandre Ayton Jersey ,

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor