ncis was one of Yorkshires pre-season and Lightfoot

in Quasselecke 02.09.2018 04:50
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

PITTSBURGH -- As a general rule, Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin doesnt get too caught up in the emotional toll of a loss or the carnage it can leave behind.Yes, going over Sundays lifeless, sloppy showing in Miami wasnt pleasant. Its not supposed to be when you get whipped by a last-place team.We cant spend any time lamenting that performance and who is available or who is not available, Tomlin said Tuesday.Going through the injury list would probably take too much time anyway, especially now that it includes quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.The tweaked left knee Roethlisberger suffered in the second quarter against Miami while trying to avoid a sack resulted in surgery on Monday. While Roethlisberger prides himself on his toughness, he wont be in the lineup when Tom Brady and the New England Patriots visit on Sunday. Tomlin officially ruled Roethlisberger out and Landry Jones the starter for a showdown with the AFC East leaders.Tomlin declined to give a timeline for Roethlisbergers potential return. The Steelers (4-2) are off next week and travel to Baltimore on Nov. 6. Its possible Roethlisberger could be back by then, but Tomlin wont speculate on that now. Trying to figure out a way to slow down the Patriots (5-1) without his franchise quarterback takes precedence anyway.Besides, Roethlisberger is just one of a number of bold-faced names that may be out of the lineup. Defensive end Cam Heyward will miss his second straight game with a balky left hamstring and linebacker Ryan Shazier (knee) and right tackle Marcus Gilbert (ankle) will likely need to make significant strides this week if they want to be in uniform. Shazier, Pittsburghs most dynamic defender, hasnt played since Week 3, while Gilberts left ankle is still aching from a Week 4 win over Kansas City.Running back DeAngelo Williams (knee), safety Rob Golden (foot), safety Mike Mitchell (knee) and wide receiver Markus Wheaton (shoulder) are also hurting. If the mystifying 30-15 setback in Miami proved anything, its that the Steelers hardly look like a legitimate threat in the AFC with so many contributors in sweatpants and sneakers instead of cleats.Minus Heyward and Shazier, Pittsburgh allowed Miamis Jay Ajayi to become the first opposing back to go over 200 yards against the Steelers since Fred Taylor in 2000. The offensive line, which survived just fine without Gilbert in a victory over the Jets, struggled to protect Roethlisberger against the Dolphins.A little bit of help, however, may be on the way. Tight end Ladarius Green will attempt to practice this week as he works his way back from offseason ankle surgery and other issues that have kept Pittsburghs rare splurge in free agency on the physically unable to perform list. The team has 21 days once Green begins practicing to determine whether to put him on the 53-man roster.While tight ends Jesse James, Xavier Grimble and David Johnson have been a pleasant surprise, Greens ability to make plays downfield would bring another dimension and take some of the pressure off All-Pro wide receiver Antonio Brown.Its been so long, I feel like I retired and came back, Green said Monday.Tomlin will wait until later the week to gauge Greens progress. Its more likely Green will need some time to get acclimated before seeing actual playing time. He remains optimistic he will be back at some point and theres no reason to think Roethlisberger, Heyward and the rest of Pittsburghs key contributors will be out an extended period.Of course, that wont help on Sunday against Tom Brady. The Steelers proved last year they could survive without Roethlisberger, winning on the road at San Diego and at home against eventual NFC West champion Arizona with someone else under center. Jones did a pretty decent Roethlisberger impression against the Cardinals while throwing a pair of touchdowns in a 25-13 win .The test will be even more daunting against the AFCs best team. Tomlin isnt worried about Jones getting ready for the challenge.Hes a professional athlete, Tomlin said. I dont suspect hes going to be lacking of confidence. Landrys a confident guy by nature.Game notes The Steelers signed offensive tackle Brian Mihalik and placed cornerback Al-Hajj Shabazz on the practice squad. To make room for Mihalik on the active roster, Pittsburgh released offensive lineman Matt Feiler, who was put on the 53-man for the first time in his career last Sunday.---Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL WHOLESALE MLB JERSEYS . "I dont know that were close," said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "I just think, right now, the acquisition cost just doesnt work for us right now. I dont know if I can quantify how far off or things like that that they might be but I would say we continue to have dialogue. CHEAP MLB JERSEYS CHINA .C. - The Carolina Hurricanes have placed backup goalie Anton Khudobin on injured reserve with an unspecified lower-body injury. http://www.cheapmlbauthenticjerseys.com/ . - Chris Tierney snapped a tie with a power-play goal late in the third period as the London Knights rallied from a 3-0 deficit to beat the Erie Otters 5-3 in Ontario Hockey League action on Wednesday. JERSEYS FROM CHINA .ca! Kerry, Two nights after the Scott-Eriksson incident in Buffalo, the Bruins returned home to play San Jose. In that game, Zdeno Chara put a check on Tommy Wingels that clearly targeted his head. CHEAP NFL JERSEYS AUTHENTIC . Ronaldo produced a spectacular individual performance on Tuesday, scoring all three goals and guiding Portugal into the next years World Cup in Brazil with a 3-2 victory in Sweden. The Real Madrid forward has scored 66 goals in 2013, but the last three may be the boost he needs to upstage Messi after FIFA unexpectedly extended the voting period for the Ballon dOr to Nov.Kate Lightfoot hopes Yorkshire Jets can kick-start their season with a win over Team Northumbria in the Vitality Netball Superleague. Sky Live: Northumbria v Jets We preview Monday nights action Both sides are still searching for their first victory of the campaign ahead of Monday nights match, live on Sky Sports.Lightfoot has been absent since Super Saturday with a broken finger, which means she cannot face Team Northumbria, and the Jets defender watched Saturdays 51-38 defeat by Hertfordshire Mavericks from the sidelines. But she believes Yorkshires new-look squad are showing signs of improvement. Fiji shooter Maria Lutua is also part of Yorkshires much changed squad Lightfoot told Sky Sports: So far the results weve had arent what we would have wanted, but from a positive note, from my perspective Im seeing the girls put in more consistent performances over longer periods.But obviously I want to be a part of that and help, which is very frustrating.Team Northumbria were beaten 58-28 by Team Bath on Friday night, leaving them bottom of the table, and Lightfoot believes the upcoming fixture is important for both sides.Weve both had difficult starts. I dont think any of the games this year are easy games. Team Northumbria can climb off the foot of the table with a win We came up against a full strength Loughborough first game of the season, the reigning champions Surrey, and Bath who always have a good squad.ddddddddddddIts been a tough draw but the squad is improving and the challenges weve had to face will put us in good stead for the game on Monday.England defender Stacey Francis was one of Yorkshires pre-season and Lightfoot believes her skipper can lead the Jets to a confidence-boosting result. Stacey Francis joined the Jets from Team Bath We have got belief, we know weve got talented players, but we need to have that belief as a unit now, and put that good squad performance out over a 60-minute game.If we can do that on Monday, Im quite confident we can come away with some much needed points and get our season going. Netball London Live Surrey Storm v Hertfordshire Mavericks with Sky Tickets We have got the personnel, weve got the talent, Weve got Stacey Francis as our captain now and she is really leading by example, setting really high standards for myself and the other girls.Weve got England youth coming through, experienced players coming back. Weve got the right mix and we just need to put that out on court together and show how we can really deliver that together as a squad.Watch Monday nights Superleague match between Team Northumbria and Yorkshire Jets from 7.30pm on Sky Sports 2. Also See: Sky Live: Northumbria v Jets Mavs and Storm seal victories Cheap NFL T-shirts Discount Jerseys Wholesale NFL Gear Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping China Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Stitched Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor