=http://www.cheapnhljerseyspenguins.com

in Events in der Region 01.09.2018 03:25
von lxd123456 • 487 Beiträge

NAIROBI Kris Letang Youth Jersey , May 3 (Xinhua) -- Olympic marathon champion Eliud Kipchoge of Kenya said here Wedensday that he is ready to make history by running marathon in under two hours in Italy.

"I like challenges and that is what inspired me to take up this task. It is something that offers to change the unthinkable by running the marathon under two hours and for me to be part of this experiment means a lot," said Kipchoge before jetting out to Monza, Italy, for the marathon this weekend.

The Nike's Breaking 2 project will be held on any day from May 6-7 depending on the weather condition on a surface that usually hosts the Italian Grand Prix in Formula One.

And Olympic winner Eliud Kipchoge is very optimistic in his countdown to the Nike′s Breaking 2 project this week in Monza run on the formula one course, which will see him endure some 17 laps.

In Monza, the Kenyan together with Lelisa Desisa from Ethiopia and Zersenay Tadese from Eritrea are going to attempt to break the 2 hour barrier on Friday or Saturday or Sunday (depending on the weather) with the help of pacemakers Conor Sheary Youth Jersey , among them Bernard Lagat, Stephen Sambu, Sam Chelanga, Andrew Bumbalough and Chris Derrick.

In his training camp in Kaptagat, the Marathon Olympic Champ talked to journalists about his expectations on the project, which is within the framework of the IAAF project 'Day in the Life of Eliud Kipchoge'.

Kipchoge Tom Kuhnhackl Youth Jersey , whose personal best time stands at 2:03:05, is 100 percent confident to run a sub 2 hours and accomplish his mission.

"I don't mind the gap," he said referring to the big time difference of his personal best to the 2 hours target.

Kipchoge, however knows that even if he accomplishes his task, there can't be an official world record attributed to it and his name.

"I know as much, but if it is just a world best Greg McKegg Youth Jersey , I don't care. I would be the first man to run under two hours. And I want to make the history," he said. "I treat myself as the best athlete."

Kipchoge talked about money as a catalyst for him taking u the challenge saying that running brings food on the table.

"However, I don't want money to destroy my concentration. I want to conquer what I believe is a big challenge in my life. I remain the same because even when in training camp, we still clean our rooms, we clean our toilets ourselves," he said.

Kipchoge noted that nothing has changed for him personally after Rio. "I am still the same guy and even after Monza Bryan Rust Youth Jersey , it will still be me, a simple man minding his own business," he said.

Maiden flight for C919 scheduled for May 5

Key component of world's longest cross-sea bridge installed

Chinese naval fleet wraps up visit to Philippines

Major U.S. airlines grilled before Congress after passenger's violent removal

Weekly choices of Xinhua photos (April 24 - April 30)

Undersea tunnel of HK-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge to be joined together

Artists perform Tango during Brussels Tango Festival 2017

Yoga lovers practise yoga amid hawthorn blossoms in Hebei

The parents of an American aid worker captured last year while delivering relief supplies to refugees in Syria said Sunday they are "heartbroken" by his death at the hands of Islamic State militants but "incredibly proud" of his compassion and humanitarian work.

Ed and Paula Kassig of Indianapolis said in a statement that their 26-year-old son, Peter Kassig, "lost his life as a result of his love for the Syrian people and his desire to ease their suffering."

"We will work every day to keep his legacy alive as best we can," they said.

Kassig was captured last year in eastern Syria while delivering relief supplies to refugees of Syria's civil war. The Indianapolis man Justin Schultz Youth Jersey , a former U.S. Army Ranger who founded a relief organization, converted to Islam while in captivity and took the first name Abdul-Rahman.

The White House confirmed Kassig's death Sunday after the Islamic State group released a video showing that Kassig had been beheaded. The video also showed the beheadings of about a dozen men identified as Syrian military officers and pilots.

President Barack Obama called Kassig's killing "an act of pure evil" and said the Islamic State group "revels in the slaughter of innocents, including Muslims, and is bent only on sowing death and destruction."

The Kassigs said in their statement that their hearts also go "out to the families of the Syrians who lost their lives, along with our son." They said they also grieve "for the families of the other captives who did not make it home safely."

The Kassigs learned of their son's capture last year, but did not disclose his captivity while family and friends quietly worked to secure his release. In October Olli Maatta Youth Jersey , their son appeared in another video released by the Islamic State group that showed the beheading of a fellow aid worker, Britain's Alan Henning. The militants vowed that Kassig would be next, leading his parents to plead publicly for mercy while stressing his humanitarian work and conversion to Islam.

Kassig first went to the Middle East with the U.S. Army, which he joined in 2006, according to his military records. He ultimately served in the 75th Ranger Regiment, a special operations unit Mario Lemieux Youth Jersey , and served in Iraq from April until July 2007 before being medically discharged as a private first class that September.

His desire to perform aid work in the region was kindled during a March 2012 spring break trip to Beirut while he was studying political science at Butler University. Kassig, a certified emergency medical technician, left school and returned two months later to Lebanon, where he worked as a medical assistant and humanitarian worker and treated people from all sides of the conflict in neighboring Syria.

In September 2012, he founded Special Emergency Response and Assistance, or SERA Matt Murray Youth Jersey , which suspended its relief work after his capture.

Kassig, wh.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor