me situation were to play out in the future.I dont kno

in Quasselecke 30.08.2018 17:00
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee coach Holly Warlick remains upbeat amid an extraordinarily difficult year.Pat Summitt, her predecessor and mentor, died in June after battling early-onset dementia, Alzheimers type. That followed a trying season in which Tennessee had a school-record 14 losses but surged down the stretch to reach an NCAA Tournament regional final.The upcoming season hasnt started, yet Warlicks team already is down to nine healthy scholarship players. Athletic director Dave Hart, who hired her to replace Summitt, just announced his pending retirement.No wonder shes so eager to turn the page with a new school year.Nobodys going to feel sorry for myself or this program, Warlick said. I just have to keep focusing on what I need to do to get better and the positive part of this team. Personally, yeah, it was difficult. It was extremely difficult.The toughest part came with the death of Summitt, who led the Lady Volunteers to eight national titles and 1,098 victories. Warlick played for Summitt and worked as an assistant coach on her staff for 27 seasons before taking over the program in 2012. Warlick said the sudden nature of Summitts death was a little bit of a shock to me.Id just seen her two weeks before and was going out for her birthday and (was told) she was asleep, Warlick said, I said, `Dont wake her up. Ill see her next week. And the next week led to, `You need to get over here. Pats not doing well and may not make it through the night.Warlick savored all the opportunities to talk basketball with Summitt, who remained on staff as head coach emeritus. Warlick said Summitts declining health prevented them from having in-depth conversations about the game, but they could still talk about general things such as whether the team needed to play harder or rebound better.Just having that presence there and knowing she watched the game, those things were important to me, Warlick said.Warlick said Tennessees current players gained a new appreciation for Summitt from the tributes that poured in after her death. Now they want to honor her by building on the momentum established during their surprising postseason run.That will require correcting the problems that arose during a 22-14 season. Warlick has raved about the teams offseason approach and particularly noted the leadership of senior guard Jordan Reynolds.At times we didnt lead by example last year, Warlick said. Sometimes wed get a little consumed about ourselves. It doesnt have that feel right now. It doesnt have that feel of, `Im worried about me. Its (about) trying to get this team in the right direction. Its a great feeling right now.The Lady Vols will need that kind of effort to overcome their lack of depth.Tea Cooper, the teams fourth-leading scorer as a freshman last year, will miss the entire 2016-17 season with a knee injury. Andraya Carter, who made 82 career starts, is forgoing her final season of eligibility due to a series of injuries. Warlick said the absence of those two guards could require Tennessee to play zone more frequently and to press less often.The uncertainty surrounding Tennessees athletic department makes this an intriguing season for Warlick, who has led the Lady Vols to regional finals in three of her four years on the job.Hart announced on Thursday he was stepping down June 30. Warlick had no head coaching experience when Hart chose her to run the program in 2012, but was the programs longtime assistant. Warlick noted his efforts in getting a statue of Summitt built on campus, planning locker-room improvements for the Lady Vols and aiding the athletic departments switch to Nike as its main apparel provider.When your athletic director leaves, I think all of us -- coaches, administrators, anybody here -- should be concerned, Warlick said. Daves the one that went out on a limb and hired me. Im appreciative of that.Warlick is responding to this latest challenge the same way shes faced every other obstacle.Its all about your attitude, Warlick said. I see the glass as half full. Wholesale Hockey Jerseys . Tests earlier this week revealed a Grade 2 left hamstring strain for Sabathia, who was hurt in last Fridays start against San Francisco. Its an injury that will require about eight weeks to heal. He finished a disappointing campaign just 14-13 with a career-worst 4. Cheap NHL Jerseys Adidas . "I wrote 36 on my sheet at the beginning of the game," the Cincinnati coach said, referring the yard line the ball would need to be snapped from. http://www.wholesalecheapchinanfljerseys.com/ .R. Smith realized how easily basketball can be taken from him, and he wasnt going to take his place in the NBA for granted anymore. China NFL Jerseys . Neymar curled home a free kick from just outside the area to put the 2014 World Cup host ahead in the 44th minute. Three minutes after the break, a simple through pass from Paulinho freed Oscar and the Chelsea star rounded goalkeeper Jung Sung-ryong to extend Brazils lead. Cheap Jerseys China . What general manager Dave Nonis called "short and productive" negotiations ended with Kessel signing a US$64-million, eight-year contract on Tuesday. RENTON, Wash. -- Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman said Tuesday that he had no regrets after an outburst directed at coaches during last Thursday nights game against the Los Angeles Rams.But he grew annoyed with questions about the incident and told a local reporter that hed ruin his career. Sherman later apologized.During the news conference, Jim Moore of 710 ESPN Seattle asked Sherman if he thought he had a better handle on calling plays than offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell; Shermans sideline tirade during Thursday nights game centered on Bevells decision to pass instead of run from the Rams 1-yard line.Afterward, as he was walking back to the locker room, Sherman said to Moore, You dont want to go there. You do not. Ill ruin your career.Moore asked him how hed do that.Ill make sure you dont get your media pass anymore, Sherman said.Later, he took to Twitter to apologize for his comments.I thought it was nice that he did that, although I couldnt read it myself because hes already had me blocked on Twitter, Moore told ESPN 710s Freddie & Fitz, laughing.I heard from the Seahawks, too, that he wants to come in and apologize. And I honestly dont feel like he needs to do that, but its really nice that he wants to come and do that.While Moore said he doesnt need a further apology, he said he still felt the interaction rubbed him the wrong way.The part that bothered me the most is feeling that hes so high and mighty and powerful that he can do whatever he wants, and that includes telling the offensive coordinator what plays to run and it also includes telling me or a reporter that he can have a credential removed, Moore said. And so its just kind of a feeling as holier than thou that it came across as.Sherman might not have felt holier than thou on Thursday night, but he did yell at Bevell and head coach Pete Carroll after the Seahawks decided to pass the ball from the Rams 1-yard line. Sherman had to be calmed down by teammates.Carroll and Sherman met for an hour to cllear the air last Friday.ddddddddddddI think sometimes things need to happen like that, Sherman said of the sideline outburst. People need something to talk about this week, so youre going to talk about that. But it worked out. The way our team works, it worked out fine. Were moving forward.After the game, Sherman referenced Super Bowl XLIX when Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson was intercepted by New England Patriots cornerback Malcolm Butler in a similar situation.Carroll indicated on Friday that he had considered disciplinary action before meeting with Sherman.I was going to make my decision on how to move forward based on what happened and how we communicated, Carroll said. And I feel very good about it.Sherman said he might react similarly if the same situation were to play out in the future.I dont know. Id have to see it, Sherman said. If I did, Im not one to hold [back].During the news conference, Sherman was asked how hed react to an offensive player going after defensive coordinator Kris Richard on the sideline.If we had done something like a zero blitz in the Super Bowl and got bombed for a touchdown to lose the game, then Im sure [it would] be understandable there, the reason, he said.Sherman said he and Bevell are in a good place and talked about the situation last week. He described the meeting with Carroll as productive.When asked if he thinks its ever the place of a defensive player to question a play call, Bevell said, No, I dont.Hes still going to have his opinion. Everybodys going to have their own opinion. You could sit there and try to convince him and show this, show that, but its not going to serve a good purpose. So we got to a good place.Carroll and Bevell have admitted that the loss in Super Bowl XLIX is still a factor with the current group of Seahawks.I think thatll linger for a lot of people for a long time, Sherman said. Cheap NFL T-shirts Discount Jerseys Wholesale NFL Gear Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping China Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Stitched Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor