arkinson-White syndrome, which causes a r

in Quasselecke 30.08.2018 16:51
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

LONDON -- Insisting that he is running clean, Usain Bolt said Thursday that the recent spate of doping scandals in athletics will damage the sport. They wont affect his preparations for the upcoming world championships, however. The worlds fastest man stopped short of condemning Jamaican teammates Asafa Powell and Sherone Simpson or American rival Tyson Gay, whose failed doping tests have left the sport in turmoil ahead of the worlds in Moscow next month. "Definitely its going to set us back a little bit," Bolt said in London ahead of a Diamond League meet, his first competition in the city since his three gold medals at last years Olympics. "But as a person I cant focus on this. "I still have world championships, everyone is stepping up their game so I have to really focus on that. ... I am just trying to work hard, run fast and hopefully help people to forget what has happened, and just move on." Bolt will run the 100 metres on Friday and the 4x100 relay on Saturday at the Olympic Stadium in a meet marking the anniversary of the start of the 2012 London Olympics. In his first public comments since news of the high-profile doping cases broke, Bolt promised that he wont be the next sprint star to be embroiled in a scandal. "I was made to inspire people and to run, and I was given the gift and thats what I do," the six-time Olympic champion said. "I am confident in myself and my team, the people I work with. And I know I am clean. "So Im just going to continue running, using my talent and just trying to improve the sport." If the recent cases have cast doubt about Bolts own integrity, the 100- and 200-meter world record-holder asked any skeptics to just check his record. "If you were following me since 2002 you would know that I have been doing phenomenal things since I was 15," the 26-year-old Bolt said. "I was the youngest person to win the world juniors at 15. I ran the world junior (200) record 19.93 at (17) ... I have broken every record there is to break, in every event I have ever done. "For me, I have proven myself since I was 15. ... I have shown everything throughout the years since I was always going to be great." It was announced earlier this month that Powell and Simpson tested positive for the stimulant oxilofrone at Jamaicas national championships in June. Discus thrower Allison Randall and two other athletes also returned positives for banned substances at the same meet. "Im just sitting and waiting to see the results and whats what," Bolt said. "Theres a lot things that hasnt been said and done yet." Bolt said he has spoken only briefly via text message with Powell since the positive test was announced. "I didnt want to bombard him with questions," Bolt said. "I told him, Sorry to hear what was going on. And he said Yes, its kind of rough, its hard. "And I just told him to stay strong and stay focused, and hopefully everything will work out." Powell was the last man to hold the 100-meter world record before Bolt broke it in 2008. He also helped the Jamaicans to the 4x100-meter relay gold medal at the 2008 Beijing Olympics. In almost 20 minutes with reporters in London on Thursday, Bolt avoided any direct criticism of his fellow athletes. "In life things happen, people make mistakes, mishaps happen," Bolt said in response to a question about doping sanctions. Both Powell and Gay claim they failed doping tests because they trusted people they didnt know very well. Bolt does not doubt his inner circle and was astounded by the suggestion he could inadvertently be given a banned supplement and test positive. "What? I am clean," Bolt shot back while insisting he only takes vitamins and not supplements. "You have to be careful as an athlete what you do and what you ingest, the food you eat and stuff like that. "But I am not worried because ... I have a great team around me." Questions about the apparent leniency of two-year doping bans were sidestepped by Bolt. "I cant determine how harsh the rules should be," he said. Sprinter Kim Collins, who is also competing in the two-day London meet, accepts that every athlete is now under scrutiny, saying the wave of recent doping cases "leave a bad taste for all of us." "Everyone is judged and I will be judged running fast at my age," said the 37-year-old Collins, a former 100-meter world champion from St. Kitts and Nevis. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys . Miller reached right to deflect Mikhail Grabovskis attempt with just over 2 minutes remaining in regulation, and then made two more saves in the shootout Sunday to give the Sabres a 2-1 win over the Washington Capitals. Wholesale Cheap Jerseys . Collaros, 25, was solid last season, posting a 5-2 record as the starter while incumbent Ricky Ray was injured. Collaros also started Torontos 23-20 regular-season finale loss to Montreal — Ray didnt dress because the Argos had already clinched first in the East Division — but was one of three quarterbacks to play that day. http://www.wholesalechinanfljerseys.net/ . If ever they start actually putting pictures beside words in the dictionary, the Blue Jays left-handers mug will appear beside “Consistency. Cheap Hockey Jerseys . They were putting most of their energy into a record-setting offensive display. China NFL Jerseys . LOUIS -- The New Orleans Saints looked like a team playing out the string. AUBURN, Ala. -- Former Auburn defensive end Quentin Groves has died at 32, a school spokesman said Saturday.?Kirk Sampson said Groves died in his sleep while visiting Trinidad, where his wife is from.?Sampson said he didnt know the cause of death.Groves played for the Tigers from 2004 to 07 and finished with 26 career sacks, tying the schools all-time record. He earned first-team All-SEC honors as both a junior and a senior, and his senior class won more games (50) at Auburn than any other class in school history.I am devastated and in disbelief by the sudden passing of Quentin, Auburn athletic director Jay Jacobs said. He had a vibrant smile, a big personality and was full of life. ... Quentin was one of my favorites and I always enjoyed spending time with him. He lived life to its fullest and had a great love for his family and friends.Medical tests at the 2008 NFL combine revealed that Groves had Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome, which causes a rapid heartbeat. He had what is described as a minor heart surgery after the combine, and two months later, he wwas chosen by the Jacksonville Jaguars in the second round of the NFL draft.ddddddddddddGroves played seven seasons in the NFL with five different teams. His most recent stint came prior to the 2015 season, when he signed a contract with the Buffalo Bills. However, he was cut before the first game.Quentin was an outstanding man, on and off the field, former teammate and current Jaguars tight end Marcedes Lewis said in a statement. He made everyone around him better and always had a smile on his face. He pushed me every day in practice and was a fierce competitor.Im very grateful to have had an opportunity to spend two seasons with him. My thoughts and prayers are with his entire family on this incredibly sad day.Groves met his wife, Treska Baptiste, at Auburn when he played football and she ran track. The school said he is survived by Baptiste and their two children.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report. Cheap NFL T-shirts Discount Jerseys Wholesale NFL Gear Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping China Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Stitched Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor