gain.dddddddddddd He is poised to rise fr

in Quasselecke 30.08.2018 16:48
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

CALGARY -- Dave Dickenson feels hes ready to be a head coach in the CFL, but that doesnt mean hes in a rush to become one. Touted as a coaching prospect when the star quarterback retired in 2009, the 40-year-old is in his third season as offensive co-ordinator and his fifth year on the coaching staff of the Calgary Stampeders. There are several reasons Dickenson is comfortable in a subordinate coaching role. He believes theres more he can learn about running an offence in the CFL and theres more to absorb from the vast experience of head coach and general manager John Hufnagel. The Stampeders retained the same coaching staff and most of the starters from the team that reached the Grey Cup final in 2012, so Dickenson can continue to have a key role in what could be a successful team again. Hes also not ready to uproot his family from a city they love to advance his career. That said, Dickenson doesnt doubt his abilities to command an entire football team on the field. "Personally, I think Im ready," Dickenson said Thursday at McMahon Stadium. "Im not worried about it, but I think Im ready if it comes about. "Im not in a hurry to head coach. I like what weve got. Im not as goal-oriented as a coach as I was as a player. I want to be with a staff, with an organization, with players who make my job fun and who feel like we can win." The Stampeders host the B.C. Lions on Friday in a CFL pre-season game. A Grey Cup winner with both the Stampeders (1998) and the Lions (2004, 2006), Dickenson still holds the CFL record for the highest pass completion percentage in a regular season (73.98 per cent). He was named the CFLs most outstanding player in 2000 while a Stampeder and was also the most valuable player of the 2006 Grey Cup. The business of sport, player or coach, is about achieving the next level and its championship in order to gain the next level and that championship. So it seems counterintuitive that Dickenson, whose personal goal as a player was to be an NFL starter, isnt angling his way to a headliner job as quickly as he can. "Lots of thing that are important to other people, arent important to me," Dickenson explained. "Money and prestige arent something I care about. "Ive got enough to live well. I want more enjoyment, a family type of atmosphere and I want success. I can get all three and then some here. Thats why I like it. "Definitely as a player, I wanted to go to a certain level. Here, head coach is the top level, but I feel it more revolves around winning as a team." After living the nomadic life of a professional football player for 13 years, Dickenson says his wife Tammy has the final say in any prospective move. His two children are in elementary school. "When I played, she said well go where you need to go, Dickenson said. "I think its fair to change that up." After Dickenson interviewed for head coaching jobs with Hamilton and Saskatchewan in 2011, he and the Stampeders agreed to a two-year contract extension. Dickenson says he told Hufnagel then he would not look for another job during those two years. That commitment ends after 2013. There will be off-season openings on the football coaching carousel and the Ottawa Redblacks will join the CFL next year. Dickenson shrugs and says hes looking at the team in front of him and not at the horizon. "I will say its not like anyone has offered me a job as a head coach," he said. He then joked "Ive interviewed and obviously not very well." "Ive also been pretty honest with those guys in that I really do like being in Calgary," Dickenson continued. "It would take a great situation for me to look elsewhere." When the Lions released him in 2007, the University of Montana star returned to Calgary. Post-concussions symptoms forced Dickenson to announce his retirement in February, 2009. Hufnagel wasted no time incorporating Dickenson into his staff. Dickenson coached Calgarys running backs that season and was named quarterbacks coach for 2010. George Cortezs departure prior to the 2010 season left Hufnagel without an offensive co-ordinator. Dickenson was handed play-calling duties on game day, but not the title. "I had a lot of confidence in Dave being able to handle the offensive co-ordinator position, but I didnt want to put that weight on his shoulders," Hufnagel recalled. "I more or less just met with him every day and the staff, but I knew he was going to be an excellent play-caller and he grew from there." Calgarys offence led the CFL in points, offensive yards, first downs and rushing yards in 2010. Quarterback Henry Burris was named the CFLs outstanding player. Dickenson was officially named offensive co-ordinator in 2011 when the Stampeders tied for second in points and were second in first downs, net yards offence and net yards rushing. Calgary ranked first in touchdowns and rushing touchdowns and second in several other offensive categories in 2012. Dickenson has evolved from installing Calgarys offence and running it to countering what the opposing teams defensive co-ordinator is throwing at him. "Its getting a better feel for how defensive coaches call a defence against myself as the offensive co-ordinator and play-caller and try to have some answers for that," he explained. Dickenson is also arming himself with the skills hed need as a head coach should that day arrive. "I watch Huf pretty closely on how he organizes things in the day, when hes hard on guys, when he backs off on guys," Dickenson said. "Ive been very fortunate to work with a head coach who has basically done everything. Hes kind of a path Id kind of like to try to follow, maybe not the U.S. route as much, but a guy who is certainly a good mentor for me." NFL Jerseys Paypal . SIMONS ISLAND, Ga. Cheap Jerseys Online . Parker had 26 points and eight assists and San Antonio beat Toronto 112-99 Monday night. "We won that game because of Tony Parkers aggressiveness," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "His juice; his aggression all night long. http://www.thesavvys.com/ . They hope to persuade the other team owners and commissioner Roger Goodell to put pressure on Redskins owner Daniel Snyder to drop the nickname they find offensive. "Given the way the meeting transpired," Ray Halbritter, an Oneida representative and leader of the "Change the Mascot Campaign," said Wednesday, "it became somewhat evident they were defending the continued use of the name. Wholesale NFL Jerseys China . The Islanders dealt Thomas Vanek to the Montreal Canadiens after less than a year on Long Island. Meanwhile, the Oilers dealt long-time sniper Ales hemsky to the Ottawa Senators on Wednesday for a fifth-round pick in 2014 and a third-rounder in 2015. Cheap Jerseys Supply . Ouellette, from Montreal, already has three Olympic gold medals since joining the team in 1999. BASEL, Switzerland -- Kei Nishikori ended Juan Martin del Potros victorious streak at the Swiss Indoors, winning their quarterfinal 7-5, 6-4 on Friday.Top-seeded Stan Wawrinkas long underachieving run in Basel continued when the US Open champion lost 6-2, 5-7, 6-1 to 72nd-ranked qualifier Mischa Zverev of Germany.In 13 editions of his home countrys top event, Switzerlands No. 1 Wawrinka has never reached the final and had not won a match in four straight years before coming through two tight three-setters this week.Nishikori, the world No. 5, is now the highest-ranked player left in a tournament where he lost the final to hometown favorite Roger Federer in 2011.The third-seeded Japanese saved all eight of Del Potros break-point chances, and created match point with his seventh ace. Nishikori clinched with an overhead volley winner at the net.I saved a lot of important points with my serve, said Nishikori, who had 10 break chances and took one in each set. I played good tactics today.Del Potro won back-to-back Basel titles in 2012 and 2013 -- beating Federer both times -- then missed the next two editions because of persistent left wrist injuries.The 28-year-old Argentine took a wild-card entry hhere as he steadily climbs the rankings again.dddddddddddd He is poised to rise from No. 42 in the new list published Monday.No. 3 Wawrinka completed a family double having been beaten by Zverevs teenage brother, Alexander, two weeks ago in the final at St. Petersburg, Russia.Wawrinka, whose serve was broken in the opening game, seemed to have winning momentum when holding a break point to lead 2-0 in the deciding set.Zverev held serve and, during a run of six straight games to seal victory, provoked Wawrinka to smash his racket to the ground.In Saturdays semifinals, the 29-year-old German left-hander will play fourth-seeded Marin Cilic of Croatia or Marcel Granollers of Spain.Nishikori is seeking his second title of the season and to reach his fifth final. He also won on indoor hard courts at Memphis in February.He plays Gilles Muller of Luxembourg, who earlier outlasted Federico Delbonis of Argentina 6-7 (4), 6-4, 7-6 (3).Muller clinched the two-hour, 45-minute match with five straight points in the third-set tiebreaker soon after Delbonis served for victory at 5-3. Cheap NFL T-shirts Discount Jerseys Wholesale NFL Gear Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping China Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Stitched Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor