BOSTON -- After putting only five shots on goal in the first period, the Boston Bruins took aim against Vancouver goalie Roberto

in Quasselecke 30.08.2018 10:28
von jokergreen0220 • 1.730 Beiträge

BOSTON -- After putting only five shots on goal in the first period, the Boston Bruins took aim against Vancouver goalie Roberto Luongo in the second and third. Breeland Speaks Stitched Jersey . Three of their shots got past Luongo and although only two of them counted for goals, that was more than enough offence for the Bruins to beat the slumping Canucks 3-1 on Tuesday night. "The first period was a little bit of a tough period for us. I thought our puck management or how we move the puck around wasnt great," Boston coach Claude Julien said. "It wasnt really sharp, but it got better in the second and third period and that made a big difference." Boston led 1-0 after the first on Milan Lucics goal despite being outshot 9-5. Jarome Iginla and Daniel Paille added goals in the second period for the Bruins, and Tuukka Rask kept the Canucks from rallying with several saves on short-handed opportunities that could have invigorated Vancouver. The biggest was stopping Daniel Sedin on a breakaway, which led to Iginlas goal that put Boston up 2-0 with 12:01 left in the second period. "Its always good when they get a chance and you make a save and then your team scores right after that," Rask said. "That was a good sign." Rask made 27 saves against the road-weary Canucks, who were coming off 2-0 loss in Detroit the night before and dropped their fifth straight. Sedin and his twin brother, Henrik, extended their goal-scoring droughts to 17 games. "Me and Danny have got to step up and score goals. Thats No. 1. Thats the difference right now," said Henrik Sedin, who returned to the lineup Monday night after missing six games with an upper-body injury. "Weve got to be the difference-makers and were not right now." Raphael Diaz scored the only goal for Vancouver, pulling the Canucks to 2-1 on a slap shot with 8:32 left in the second period. Luongo stopped 29 shots for Vancouver and tried to take responsibility after the Canucks lost for the sixth time in seven games. "I think this ones 100 per cent on me. I wasnt too good out there tonight," he said. Canucks coach John Tortorella, in his second game back from a 15-day suspension, thanked Luongo for the sentiment, but said Vancouvers struggles go much deeper. "I appreciate Louie saying that, but this is a team thing here that were going through and well go through it together," Tortorella said. The Canucks kept it close until Paille scored on a breakaway late in the second period, then Boston controlled the final 20 minutes for its sixth win in seven games. "Weve been in a pretty good stretch. Weve had a goal leading up until the Olympic break to try and go in the right way," Iginla said. "We have two left, then some of the guys will go and well enjoy watching them." Vancouver had won the last two meetings since the Bruins beat the Canucks in seven games in the 2011 Stanley Cup finals. Boston appeared to take a 3-1 lead just 2:21 after Diaz scored, but Brad Marchands goal was waved off after officials ruled Bostons Torey Krug interfered with Luongo. The goalie immediately protested and gave Krug a shove, which led to a crowd in front of the net but nothing further. Luongo had no argument after the next goal. Paille took a long pass from Johnny Boychuk at the blue line for a breakaway and beat Luongo on a backhand with 2:54 left in the period. Rask stopped a pair of short-handed chances during Bostons first power play, then Daniel Sedins breakaway in the second that led to the Bruins second goal. Zdeno Chara slipped a crossing pass to Iginla for a one-timer past Luongo on the glove side with 12:01 left in the second. Lucic, who gave Boston a 1-0 lead 5:12 into the game, also got an assist on the play. NOTES: Iginlas assist on Lucics goal was the 600th of his career. ... Diaz made his Vancouver debut after he was obtained from Montreal for forward Dale Weise on Monday. ... The Bruins improved to 27-3-0 when leading by two or more goals this season. ... Chara played his final game for the Bruins before leaving for Russia to carry Slovakias flag during the opening ceremony at the Winter Olympics on Friday. Red Chiefs Jerseys .7 million, one-year contract, a raise of $2.2 million. Wieters had asked for $8.75 million and the Orioles had offered $6. Derrick Nnadi Stitched Jersey . The Oilers jumped into the free agent market early by signing defencemen Keith Aulie (six-foot-six, 228 pounds) and Mark Fayne (6-3, 210 pounds) and left-winger Benoit Pouliot (6-3, 197-pounds). Two days earlier MacTavish traded lightweight forward Sam Gagner to Tampa Bay for 6-3, 203-pound right winger Ted Purcell. http://www.officialchiefsnflauthenticshop.com/armani-watts-stitched-jersey/ . In mens doubles, Vancouvers Vasek Pospisil and American Jack Sock reached the quarter-finals with a 7-6 (3), 7-6 (3), 6-4 win over Croatian Mate Pavic and Andre Sa of Brazil.PHILADELPHIA -- After erasing nearly a half-century of road playoff frustration, a trip to Seattle shouldnt be intimidating for Drew Brees, Shayne Graham and the New Orleans Saints. Grahams 32-yard field goal, the fourth of the game for the recent addition to the team, won the wild-card game on the final play, 26-24 over the Philadelphia Eagles on Saturday night. Brees, who threw for a touchdown and guided the 34-yard drive to the winning kick, didnt need to be a big star because the Saints running game and defence -- along with Grahams leg -- provided the heroics. "Its just, man, believing in each other, ignoring what everyone else has to say," Brees said. New Orleans had been 0-5 in post-season games outside of the Big Easy since entering the league in 1967. The Saints (12-5) will play at NFC top-seed Seattle next Saturday; they lost there 34-7 in the regular season. "Its loud, its crazy, theyve got a good thing going there," Brees said of the next challenge. "Obviously, theyve only lost one game there in the last two years. But having been there less than a month ago, I think that serves us well, what to expect, how to prepare for it. "But were going to need our best game, thats for sure." This was not their best offensive game, by far. But Graham, now with his 10th team after being signed by the Saints just over two weeks ago to replace long-time kicker Garrett Hartley, also connected from 36, 46 and 35 yards. "I didnt feel an ounce of fear," the 13-year veteran said. "If I had been here for 14 years or for one game, my job is the same. I feel like Ive been adopted into a family." Brees threw a 24-yard touchdown pass to Lance Moore, Mark Ingram rushed for 97 yards and another score, and the Saints defence slowed Chip Kellys up-tempo offence just enough. The Eagles wound up 10-7 in Kellys first year as coach. He guided them from worst to first in the NFC East, but they were only 4-5 at home. "I didnt think winning the division was a surprise to us and were disappointed we didnt move forward," Kelly said. Nick Foles hit rookie Zach Ertz for a 3-yard touchdown with 4:54 remaining as Philadelphia rallied from a 13-point deficit to take a one-point lead. But Darren Sproles had a 39-yard kickoff return and a horse-collar tackle brought New Orleans to the Philadelphia 48. Using mostly runs, the Saints ate up the clock and set up Grahams winner. "We know what were all about," Brees said. "This was a great testament to that. Comiing on the road, hostile environment, great team, one of the hottest teams in football and getting one of those big victories. Cheap Chiefs Jerseys. " Two teams with prolific offences couldnt get on track for much of the game. Grahams 46-yarder as the first half ended made it 7-6 as everyone wondered where all the offensive fireworks went. The teams combined for an average of 816.7 yards and 53.5 points per game during the regular season. When Riley Cooper, who earlier scored Philadelphias first touchdown, had a huge drop in the third quarter, the Saints immediately made Philly pay. A 66-yard drive highlighted by Benjamin Watsons 27-yard reception led to Ingrams TD from the 4 for a 20-7 lead. Thats when the Eagles finally made a dynamic play with the ball, DeSean Jacksons leaping 40-yard catch over Corey White. NFL rushing leader LeSean McCoy scored from the 1 on fourth down to make things close. Jackson helped make it closer with a 29-yard punt return that set up Alex Henerys 31-yard field goal early in the fourth quarter, cutting the Saints lead to 20-17. Another 40-yard completion, from Brees to seldom-used Robert Meachem, led to Grahams 35-yard field goal, setting up the frantic finish. Jackson was the central figure in setting up Ertzs go-ahead score, drawing a 40-yard pass interference call on the beleaguered White. But Brees then guided the winning drive, disappointing Foles, who went to the same Texas high school as Brees and wears the same No. 9. "This doesnt feel good," said Foles, who led the NFL in passer rating and was 8-3 as a starter. "We wanted to keep playing. Its tough to lose. It hurts. But were going to keep building." Meanwhile, the Saints move on with confidence in a defence that held the NFLs top rushing offence to 80 yards -- McCoy had just 77 -- and their own ground game, which gained 185 without injured Pierre Thomas. "Just the fact they had confidence in me to carry the load, it says a lot," Ingram said. "People are going to talk, youll always have critics, have doubters. But my teammates know I go out there and bust my tail every day and thats all that matters." NOTES: Brees finished 20 for 30 for 250 yards and was picked off twice in the first half. ... Foles was 23 of 33 for 195 yards. ... Eagles TE Brent Celek injured his neck, but could have returned had the Eagles gotten the ball back late in the fourth quarter. ... New Orleans cornerback Keenan Lewis suffered a head injury in the third quarter and didnt return. Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Braves Jerseys Cheap Orioles Jerseys Cheap Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Cubs Jerseys Cheap White Sox Jerseys Cheap Reds Jerseys Cheap Indians Jerseys Cheap Rockies Jerseys Cheap Tigers Jerseys Cheap Astros Jerseys Cheap Royals Jerseys Cheap Angels Jerseys Cheap Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Marlins Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor