following the game for his mother's funeral.

in Quasselecke 30.08.2018 10:20
von chenyan94 • 506 Beiträge

With the start of NBA playoffs just days away Shawn Williams Jersey , “AP Sports Weekly” podcast co-hosts Jim Litke and Tim Dahlberg dig into the debate about who’s the best ever, Lebron James or Michael Jordan.

AP Basketball Writer Tim Reynolds has another name to throw into the mix: Magic Johnson. Reynolds says comparing LeBron to Magic might be more fitting because of both players’ position versatility.

The co-hosts also cover the Champions League. Litke argues the soccer tournament is the best competition in sports. Dahlberg thinks the season never seems to end and loyalty is a rare commodity.

Also on the show: a recap of the Masters with AP golf writer Doug Ferguson.

On the menu: Carraba’s calorie count and the ”Triple Ferguson.”

Coach Hue Jackson is leaning on his Browns family while mourning the deaths of his mother and brother.

Jackson's mother Betty Lee Jackson and brother John Jr., recently died within a two-week span. Jackson's 83-year-old mother passed away on Sunday in Los Angeles following a lengthy illness.

Jackson has been coping with the losses during training camp and intends to stay with the team through the Aug. 9 exhibition opener against the New York Giants. Jackson, who is in this third season with Cleveland Calais Campbell Jersey , plans to leave for California following the game for his mother's funeral.

He will rejoin the Browns for practice on Aug. 12. The team had pre-planned off days on Aug. 10-11.

In the meantime, Jackson said he has received support from players, fellow coaches and owners Dee and Jimmy Haslam.

"It's been a difficult period of time for me, but everyone has to go through this in life Cody Whitehair Jersey ," Jackson said. "It's not easy, but I always try to focus on the fond memories I've shared with the people I've lost and that helps get you through it. Dee, Jimmy, our players Jim Kelly Jersey , coaches and really the entire organization have been so supportive and that helps. We're a close-knit group, this is a family and I'm so appreciative of everyone's support."

Browns tight end coach Greg Season has known Jackson for years. They worked together at the University of Pacific and with the Cincinnati Bengals.

"He's a tough-minded individual," Seamon said Thursday between practice sessions. "It's been an unusually tragic two weeks and it comes at a time when things are already very stressful. Hue does a great job compartmentalizing things. And when he has to be the head football coach in front of the team, he's done that. And then when that's over and he needs to address the family issues Larry Allen Jersey , he certainly has done that.

"His mother put up a long and courageous fight."

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor