NHL general managers spent the first day of their three-day meetings discussing overtime and shootouts, expanded video reviews a

in Quasselecke 30.08.2018 09:33
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.650 Beiträge

BOCA RATON, Fla. Breeland Speaks Jersey . -- NHL general managers spent the first day of their three-day meetings discussing overtime and shootouts, expanded video reviews and goalie interference. The opening session Monday featured three breakout groups of 10 general managers, with each group assigned particular topics. There appears to be some concern that too many games are being decided in shootouts instead of during the flow of play. Of the 135 of 963 games played through last Saturday, 14 per cent were decided in a shootout. And 40 per cent that went to overtime were decided in a shootout. Among the suggested changes being discussed are a 3-on-3 element instead of four skaters apiece in the extra 5-minute session; extending the overtime; or requiring teams to switch ends of the ice, creating a longer change on line changes. But there doesnt seem to be a strong consensus toward any particular direction -- or even if overtime needs to be changed. Colin Campbell, the NHL executive vice-president and director of hockey operations, viewed the overtime issue as both an official and a hockey fan. "I think what the challenge is to maybe not have as many shootouts," Campbell said. "A lot of people in the game would rather see the game decided (not) in a skills contest. "I would, too, but Im the last one to leave the room when theyre doing the shootout. I like watching to see whats going to happen. So Im kind of torn in that direction." The discussion of expanded video review seems weighted on when to start reviewing the tape and how much time a review takes. "I will say there wasnt a lot of consensus on the criteria," said Craig MacTavish, Edmontons general manager. "Theres a lot that goes into it when youre trying to evaluate the specific criteria, like how long from the incident are you going to reel it back? "There was no resolution in our group in terms of making many changes to video review." The increase in activity around the net has also led to an interest in goalie interference at this weeks meetings. "Theres so much play around the net now, the way our game is now with everybody collapsing and boxing out and blocking shots," said Bryan Murray, Ottawas GM. "All the plays now that are goals, in most cases, theres some kind of foot in the crease. Im not interested in that. But if the goaltender is not allowed to make a play on the shot, then we should we get the call as correct as we can." Also on the agenda is kicked-in goals. "I think there is an appetite to have directed goals be allowed," said Tim Murray, Buffalos general manager. "I know it says distinct kicking motion, but (with) a blatant lift-your-foot-off-the-ice kick type of thing not allowed." On Tuesday, members of the breakout groups will report to the whole meeting. Derrick Nnadi Chiefs Jersey .com) - The disappointing Ottawa Senators hope to record consecutive wins for the first time since early November, as they visit the Boston Bruins on Friday for the opener of a home-and-home series. Sammy Watkins Jersey .28 mph. Logano will start on the front row next to Penske Ford teammate Brad Keselowski, who came in second Friday at 193.099. The Penske drivers swept the top two spots for the second straight race, reversing their qualifying finish in Phoenix a week ago. http://www.thechiefsshoponline.com/Youth-Anthony-Hitchens-Chiefs-Jersey/ .com) - Mike Conley scored 20 points with five assists to help the Memphis Grizzlies remain unbeaten with a 91-89 win over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Friday.In his latest Pick Six column, Neil Reynolds takes a look at the impact of the International Series, the surprise starters and those who have struggled out of the gate . It was another great weekend for British fans as the NFL came to town and the Jacksonville Jaguars left with a 30-27 win over the Indianapolis Colts.That close finish was just one of several remarkable games on a Sunday that offered up drama in bundles and more than a few outstanding performances. Watch NOW TV Watch Sky Sports for just £6.99. No contract. This is what caught my eye after six hours on stage at Regent Street, three hours hosting the pre-game Tailgate Party at Wembley followed by eight hours of live TV on Sky Sports on Sunday evening - when it was nice to finally have a sit down!Jags grab much-needed win Allen Robinson and Jacksonville chalked up a first win of the season to ease the pressure on head coach Gus Bradley The rumour mill was swirling furiously over the weekend and I genuinely think Gus Bradley was in jeopardy of losing his job if the Jaguars had dropped to 0-4 with a loss to the Colts. There were even unsubstantiated rumours that the Jags were already looking at replacements with some of them being quite high profile!Thats why even though everyone knows I am a big Andrew Luck fan, I was glad the Jags hung on and got that win.They deserve to be better than 1-3 right now and could very easily be 3-1. They finally found a way to get a close win under their belts and the defence really found a way to come together against a porous offensive front, recording six sacks and pressuring Luck into an interception after his pass was batted into the air.London franchise remains on the cards Neil believes a London NFL franchise is closer than ever After the weekends festivities on Regent Street and at Wembley Stadium, I remain convinced that the NFL is going to bring a franchise to London within the next five years.I hosted a Fan Forum with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Saturday morning and he spoke at some length about how a London franchise is a genuine possibility. He even got into talking about taxation of players and how a team might be based in America in order to accommodate the necessary free agent try-outs that occur every week. So there is some serious level of detail being put into preparations for a London team. Wembley was awash with NFL fans on Sunday It was not a brilliant weather day on Saturday yet Regent Street was packed once again with British NFL fans and images such as those do way more than some powerpoint presentation could ever wish to achieve.The British NFL fans certainly made an impression on the visiting teams, the Commissioner and Colts owner Jim Irsay, who said he is going to work hard to bring the British fans their very own franchise. Watch every touchdown from the Week 4 games courtesy of NFL Redzone Julio goes off! Julio Jones (centre) was a star performer alongside Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan I have long been a fan of Julio Jones and think he is now firmly entrenched on the top table of NFL wide receivers. In fact, you can narrow it down to him and Antonio Brown as to who is the best in the game.The tight end-sized receiver caught 12 passes for 300 yards and one touchdown in Atlantas 48-33 hammering of the struggling Carolina Panthers. It was like Jones and quarterback Matt Ryan (503 yards and four touchdowns) were playing the Madden computer game! Highlights of Atlanta Falcons @ New Orleans Saints in week three of the NFL What makes Jones effort all the more impressive is the fact that defences know he is the go-to guy on offence and would have gone into that game looking to shut him down. Breeland Speaks Chiefs Jersey. Oh, and this was not the New Orleans Saints defence - this was the reigning NFC champion Carolina Panthers.Carr drives Oakland to victory Derek Carr continues to grow as an NFL quarterback When I watched Derek Carr in one of his very first NFL practices - during mini camps in his rookie year - he stood out to me and I have been a big fan of his game ever since. I like the way he carries himself and he is developing year on year into a top-level NFL quarterback.He made some big-time throws in the second half of Oaklands thrilling 28-27 win at Baltimore at a time when the shine had come off his team after a good first half. His defence-splitting touchdown pass over the middle to Michael Crabtree was only topped when the pair teamed up again for the match-winner from 23 yards out, which was a thing of beauty to the back of the end zone.Carr can make every throw in the book and passes the eyeball test as a true star. But what is really exciting for the Raiders is that he has this young team 3-0 on the road this year and he has now won five of his last six starts away from home. Highlights of the Oakland Raiders clash with the Baltimore Ravens in week four of the NFL Unexpected 3-1 teams LA Rams lead the way in the NFC West Dont look now but the Los Angeles Rams, Oakland Raiders, Atlanta Falcons and Dallas Cowboys are 3-1. Im not sure too many of us would have had those teams down for such records this season after a month of action.The Rams were atrocious on opening weekend and did not score a point. They were barely better in Week 2 but have scrapped and fought to three successive wins to top the NFC West. Atlanta have been a pleasant surprise just as I was about to write off quarterback Matt Ryan.Ive spoken about the Raiders a bit already and I love their mental toughness under Jack Del Rio. But perhaps the happiest of those 3-1 teams I mentioned would be the Cowboys, who literally imploded without Tony Romo last year. Dak Prescott has ensured the Dallas Cowboys havent missed Tony Romo Dallas are surviving and, dare I say it, thriving under Dak Prescott and are 3-1. Their defence is playing well, the running game is rounding into shape and Dak is avoiding big mistakes. This is still Romos team when he returns, but the Cowboys are coping with his absence much better this time around.Unexpected 1-3 teams Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers continue to struggle Hands up if you predicted that Carolina and Arizona - the two teams from last years NFC Championship Game - would both be 1-3 after four weeks of play? Well if you did, I hope you had a couple of quid on it.With offensive co-ordinator Mike Shula determined to stick to long-developing five and seven-step drop passing plays, Cam Newton is taking a beating and he is not doing a good job of protecting himself, which is why he left the game with a possible concussion after an ill-fated two point run against the Falcons.There is now another worry in Carolina after their defence was torched for close to 600 yards.As for the Cardinals? I dont know what the answer is there but I can tell you they are playing a sloppy brand of football not typical of Bruce Arians teams. And their quarterback, Carson Palmer, is also being treated for a concussion so tougher times may lie ahead for both these clubs.You can watch Englands tour of Bangladesh, plus Premier League football and the Japan Grand Prix on Sky Sports. Upgrade now and enjoy three months at half price! Also See: WATCH: NFL Sunday touchdown blitz NFL week four round-up Broncos stay perfect Steelers back to winning ways Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Braves Jerseys Cheap Orioles Jerseys Cheap Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Cubs Jerseys Cheap White Sox Jerseys Cheap Reds Jerseys Cheap Indians Jerseys Cheap Rockies Jerseys Cheap Tigers Jerseys Cheap Astros Jerseys Cheap Royals Jerseys Cheap Angels Jerseys Cheap Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Marlins Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor